Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fire Mastery

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by SilkenKidden, Mar 28, 2004.

1. SilkenKidden

SilkenKidden IncGamers Member

Fire Mastery

I would like to aim for Fire Mastery but I've bought the armor skill in Cold. What are the requirements for Master?

Is there a build around here for the Pure Fire Sorcerer? Can a Fire Master get the Hydra spell? Enchant?

I'd like to know what stats to build and how much to build each fire skill. Is Fire Mastery a good way to go?

There are so many things to learn in this game. People talk about PvP vs PvM. Synergy. Huh? I know what the word means but not in the limited sense it seems to be used for this game.

And I haven't even gotten close to finding anything in the game related to magic find. I just know I need 6 pure topaz gems and helm and armor with three sockets each. Where do I find these? I'm on the third quest (Cain) now. Hope I do it soon. The game is just boring if all I do is go out and fight and bring back junk to sell. I need to see some good stuff soon.

2. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

terminology:
    -diablo had sorcerer's diablo 2 has sorceress's
    -its called fire mastery. its a skill.
    -a sorceress who uses fire skills is called a fire sorc, not a fire master.
    -synergy: when a spell helps out another spell. ie: by putting skill points in one skill, you help the dmg or effects of a different skill. how each skill effects each other skill is explained in the skill tree
    -they are perfect topaz's, not pure. a 3 p topaz helm is good, but there are much better armors to find.
    -i've never seen someone refer to using skill points as "buying" a skill. you spend the skill points, but you get the skills. its not exactly logical, but its what is said.

the bigger picture:
    -you are under lvl 10(6?). most characters aren't finished until lvl 80 or higher. higher lvls take a lot longer to get. i personally have 10 characters above lvl 80 and that isn't a lot.
    -you are on quest 3 of act one. there are 5 acts and each has 3-6 quests. there are 3 difficulty lvls(each is the same quests/acts but with harder enemies and other various effects that makes it harder.
    -the point is that you are making a lot of demands of this game. compared to games in its genre, its relatively fast as far as lvling and advancement is concerned. you sound like a FPS player who doesn't like the "point and click" style of play that is diablo 2 (although, isn't every game point and click? silly labels). don't get mad at the game if you don't like its style.
    -you need to be atleast lvl 19 to use a perfect topaz. you won't get them until lvl 40-50.
    -your expectations are absolutely wrong. this isn't DoD or CS or even SC.

if you haven't quit playing this game by now (if nothing else then out of spite for me), then kudos; the more indepth stuff:

pvm vs pvp: at first it isn't too clear, but you will (if you play) realize that pvp is vastly different from pvm. its better to not understand why at first, its just too many examples that you don't know anything about. trust me, i had this same problem.

your one point in a cold armor does not mean anything about what type of sorc you will be. there are 4 skills that every sorc ever made has skill points in despite what type of sorc they are. (telekinesis, teleport,warmth,static field) a cold armor is not a bad use of a skill point. it is very useful to start out with. but dont' use anymore skillpoints there.

about the fire sorc: there are 10 skills in this skill tree. to find out what each does, use the general FAQ linked at the top of the page. its not useful for indepth information, but it will tell you about each skill.

the build you are looking for would be meteor/fireball/firebolt/fire mastery.(max all of these, you have no where else skill points need to go)

yes, you can do hydra or enchant, but if you want to get those, its best to build a character around it. they aren't great skills. the build i said above will be effective from lvl 1 until you stop playing (immune monsters excluded). hydra and enchant will start out fine, but they will get worse as you proceed in the game.

fire mastery is not only a good way to go, its the only way to go if you are a fire sorc.

one point wonders: telekinesis, teleport, warmth, static field. these are skills you need to have in addition to your offensive skills.

stat points: str and dex are only needed so you can wear equipment. you will end up with about 90-100 str and anywhere from base-75 dex, so don't worry about using points here early on. you will probably end up with 50-100 energy. energy only increases mana, so its all about personal preference and how little mana you can play with. vitality is the sink hole, every point that doesn't go into str/dex/ene goes here for obvious reasons.

as far as per lvl goes, there is no magical ratio to use. just use common sense. keep some stat points open for when you find a new armor and need more str. at the beginning, you will invest heavier in str and dex. you will be annoyed at having low mana, use mana potions. don't go overboard and drop an obscene amount of stat points in energy. because, you don't have enough.

you can go a LONG way with having nothing in vitality. i've built characters that didn't spend a single stat point in vitality until lvl 84.

3. SilkenKidden

Hey, I didn't mean to say I wasn't enjoying the game. But I was a bit bored with all the hacking and slashing before I installed the Expansion Set.

The Expansion Set seemed to make a very big difference in game play in general. There are far fewer monsters now in areas I had previously cleared, or perhaps the set just generates less monsters. I'm happy with that.

I'm enjoying the game, and I expect to enjoy it even more as I progress further. I always like finding nice items and this game has lots of them. I just wish I could wear them all at the same time:)

Thanks for all your hints too. I downloaded the Meteorb build. I'll use that and your list too.

Thanks for the explanations of various terms too. I understand Synergy now and I'll wait to find out about PVP and PVM, but can you just tell me what the initials stand for?

4. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

PVM = Player Versus Monster
    PVP = Player Versus Player

5. SilkenKidden

Thanks. That leaves PVP out for me. I'm in Single Player mode. I did try playing on line yesterday, but most probably won't do it often. And I'd certain not want PVP :grrr: