Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fire Mastery and CE

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Necrochild313, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

Fire Mastery and CE

This is a question asked (a very good one I might add) in the Necro forum, but none of us seemed to have an answer for it.

Trang-oul's set, when completed, gives you +3 to fire mastery (that can further be raised with +skills of course). Since Corpse Explosion is 1/2 fire and 1/2 physical, and I know that fire mastery effects fire damage done by spells and other sources (such as melee, when +fire damage equipment is used), theoretically the +3 to fire mastery would effect CE. I make this assumption because +fireskills items affect it.

Well here's my question, does fire mastery effect CE's 1/2 of fire damage?

2. bradley_turner

bradley_turner IncGamers Member

i would think it does, but dont take my word on it, as im not 100% sure

3. grogthecaveman

grogthecaveman IncGamers Member

i would guess no, because the damage is based on the life the monster normally has, not on any numbers you have any control over. i think the +3 FM is to make the FB and FW spells worth anything

4. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

5. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i would say no, as CE does do 50% fire damage, it is technically not a fire skill.

you can check this easily by using a +fire skills item on a necro. the skills screen should reflect any skills bonus from that item.

also, increasing CE skill does not increase damage, only range. the items with -res will increase CE damage.

6. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

+ to fire skill dose make CE go up, now if fire mastey helps only sorc skills then i can see this being no, but if fire mastery helps fire skill then it should be yes