Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fire / Lightning Sorc

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Gaff, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Gaff

Gaff IncGamers Member

Fire / Lightning Sorc

Hi,

Just a quick question, Has anyone build a fire / lightning sorc? Why are they not as popular as fire /cold? I was thinking a meteor / CL sorc might be ok? Plus a holy freeze merc and she should be sorted.

Anyone tried this? How did it work out? Any guides anywherwe?

2. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

The reason why everyone goes cold/something is because frozen orb only takes about 35 points to be effective :) (20 orb/10 cm & some pre-req's)

Fire/lightning works too of course, but would require slightly better gear to do sufficient damage. Haven't seen a guide about this, but your basic setup would be like:

20 ChainL
    20 Lit mastery
    20 Meteor
    20 Fire mastery
    1 teleport/warmth etc. rest in fire ball or lightning.

throw a meteor and cast CL in between? Sounds pretty ok :evil:

3. Gaff

Gaff IncGamers Member

Ok. How good would the gear have to be? Just good or /Very/ good? What would you suggest?

4. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

Moderate, it needs about 8-10 +skills to make it work i'd say. (shako, oculus, lidless, tal's amulet, maybe sojs, arachnid's mesh, vipermagi etc). That's only a suggested setup, a sorc can do so many things.....

5. kiljoy001

kiljoy001 IncGamers Member

I have a fire lightning sorc and I think it's great. Note, I chose fire hydra over metor. It's pretty decent, but I think that Frozen orb would have been a better choice over chain lightning. Chain just isn't fast enough for me, the dmg is too low and I'm lvl 73 now.

6. sinophilic

sinophilic IncGamers Member

The reason that fire/cold sorcs and lightening/cold sorcs work so well is because FO is a great spell that requires no synergy to be effective.

I have a CL/L/FO sorc and its pretty good, i can kill meph sub 1 minute, andy the same, and can run pit and countess w/o any problems. Eldritch is easy too but its cause my merc has reapers toll, shaft, and vamp gaze.

CL wont do enough damage unless you max synergies and mastery, with 20 lightening and 10 in mast i still only get ~ 2-1.5k

Its hard to go lightening/fire because the success behind both trees are maxed synergies.

Anyways, thats why cold is such a viable tree.

(also because slower monsters dont kill you quite as fast)
    (and cold mastery rocks meph)