Fire Facet Question

FunZip

Diabloii.Net Member
Fire Facet Question

Hi All,

When i put 3 Fire Facet's in sockets (2 in a CoA and 1 in a Lidless) for my fire trapp assa can i add up the "Fire Skill Damage" so that it will be something like +12-15% To Fire Skill Damage?

Thx.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Yes, it stacks, but +skill damage doesn't work in combination with traps, as for the game they are considered as a kind of minions.

DjSlayer

Diabloii.Net Member
Traps is considered imobile minios and the + to fireskill damage/ - enemy res will not work for them.

- D.J.

edit: you'r to fast for me krischan

Raistlin_Majere

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi

+fire damage in facets DO stack so from 3 fire facets you can get anywhere from +9% damage to +15 % damage (depending on the stats of the facets).

Your fire traps will not benefit from this though. The game treats traps as "minions" and they wont benefit from any -resistance or +damage on you.
(its the same for the light traps).

So basicly - socket your gear with something else ;)

Edit: Damn - too late :p

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
Raistlin_Majere said:
Your fire traps will not benefit from this though. The game treats traps as "minions" and they wont benefit from any -resistance or +damage on you.
(its the same for the light traps).
Do note though, that Fire Blast and Shock Web are exempt from this rule. these two traps will benefit from the +% and -% offered by Rainbow Facets.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Orphan said:
Do note though, that Fire Blast and Shock Web are exempt from this rule. these two traps will benefit from the +% and -% offered by Rainbow Facets.
OK, they are in the traps skilltree, but IMO they are not traps in a tighter sense.

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
OK, they are in the traps skilltree, but IMO they are not traps in a tighter sense.
Be that as it may, but for all intents and purposes, they are traps ;) Someone, one day, in a land far far away, might have the urge to use a build around these two traps, and ignore the potential of Facets, without knowning.