Fire Enchanted Explosion...WTF!?!!?!?!?!!?

nebby

Diabloii.Net Member
Wayfaring said:
across the board that there were creatures too dangerous/impossible to kill. Unfortunately, only melee characters are singled out for this "feature". If there were also an equal number of creatures that caused instant death to any character outside melee attack range then the game could be just as "interesting" to all characters.

[SARCASM] While were at it, how about a curse that is the ranged counterpart to IM. The game could be really interesting at that point... [/SARCASM]

:grrr:
Well, I had hoped that 1.10 would see a serious boost to the "mana IM" that baal & succubi use, in that other monsters could have a % chance to cast it- regardless of mana-hp ratio. Also, they could have just made IM apply to ranged attacks as well, say at a lower percentage, the same way that ranged attacks have lower CB percentages.

Alas, we meleers are the laughing stock of the meteorb sorcs, hammeradins, and windruids, who are of course happy to have your BO, OS, whatever, and then say you "suxxorz" when they immediately mow down everything in their path, while you actually read the mods...

Wayfaring

Diabloii.Net Member
nebby said:
Alas, we meleers are the laughing stock of the meteorb sorcs, hammeradins, and windruids, who are of course happy to have your BO, OS, whatever, and then say you "suxxorz" when they immediately mow down everything in their path, while you actually read the mods...
LOL... this is so very true. I can remember playing one of my many attempted avenger/zealots with friends and by the time I could read the mods, everything was dead.

NightShade

Diabloii.Net Member
Remember the guy that was killed by the FE in hell, with a Windforce like 2 inches away from his body?

I was truely sad for him.

Fe ce spec hits are 1 shot killers.

Xel'Naga

Diabloii.Net Member
Being a Druid there is no chance you could have been killed on fe explosion. Druids have a second life and from your orginal post you said all other minons were dead with only lister left. After lister's explosion you would be in human form with 1 hp left. I should know since my own druid has surived about 6 such incidents BEFORE they fixed the fe bug.

I have a strong feeling you are full of *bs* Fe has been fixed and only a combination on lister of FE/LE/Spec AND being decriptified will do just about 4k damage in a 8 player game.

A lot of lonely people out there seeking any kind of attention.

nebby

Diabloii.Net Member
Xel'Naga said:
Being a Druid there is no chance you could have been killed on fe explosion. Druids have a second life and from your orginal post you said all other minons were dead with only lister left. After lister's explosion you would be in human form with 1 hp left. I should know since my own druid has surived about 6 such incidents BEFORE they fixed the fe bug.

I have a strong feeling you are full of *bs* Fe has been fixed and only a combination on lister of FE/LE/Spec AND being decriptified will do just about 4k damage in a 8 player game.

WTF are you talking about? I've been in games where druids bit it on an FE lister. Maybe I was lagging, and something else killed them, other minion, etc, but it does happen- also not quite sure what this human form with 1 life left means. Suppose you have a druid, originally with 3K hps, but has taken damage to 1K left. You're saying no matter what amount of single frame damage they take, they will survive, but have 1 hp left. Well, by god sign me up for my next druid, and duelling here I come!

det

Diabloii.Net Member
Xel'Naga said:
I suggest you pull your head out of where the sun dont shine.
Instead of this reply, I would have appreciated an explanation of the 1 HP thing. I never encountered it..or saw it - and obviously the guy you refering too did neither. In the originals posters Thread the lv 8x druid was insta-killed, which would speak against your theory.

By the way...I think ranged attackers (like sorcs and Necros) have the disadvantage in form of only 2 HP per vit point invested and bowazons cannot use a shield, so no 75% block here. Sorcs can get "Blood Mana" - and if you feel that as a melee Paladin you are getting a bad deal from the party, you can switch off your party friendly aura. As a Barbarian, you can chose not to give BO..only to yourself in a quiet corner.

That IS being a bastard, but hey...you guys complain so much about other party members that call you a "nOOb" that I think it would be well deserved :lol:

Just remember - there is always going to be a build that is stronger. There is always going to be THE cookie cutter build for a class. Bowazons were almost unplayable in 1.00 - 1.07. With the fix in 1.09 and the GA bug, everybody was screaming at them being overpowered. Paladins used to be quite weak, now they rock. Elemental Druids? no no in 1.07 - Winddruids are killer machines now...etc etc. Please stop complaining..

TheDarkSide

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore
The 1 hp thing is a blessing and a curse imo . You will revert to human form with one hitpoint remaining just before you die . But usually you will be slain as whatever it is that hit you will usually be there still and whack you before you can run away. Ive only survived thru this one time and I ran like a madman drinking juvs the whole way .

The Fe bug has claimed me 3 times so far in 1.10 and it is very annoying .
lvl 64 orb / meteor sorc - NM act 3 - council run - Bremm I think
lvl 74 Whirlwind barb - Hell act 2 - on the way to Duriels lair - Beetle Juice
lvl 77 Maul Werebear - Hell act 2 - on the way to Radermant - No freaking clue - this one stings the most because it was instantaneous . I didnt even have a chance to Drink a pot or anything . Was on lvl 2 in the sewers and came upon a skeleton boss , the party only saw FI mod before it died - because fireclaws bear in the group noticed no damage being done . I had well over 3k life and max fire and lightning resists and it was gone in an instant . So much for melee characters being the be all end all anymore . Good luck on the rebuild .

:xflash:

hoyster

Diabloii.Net Member
1 hp thing

I'm not sure on the exact details, but it seems that whenever a shifted druid (bear or wolf) receives lethal damage in one frame they unshift to a human with one HP left, was was mentionede earlier you usually get whacked right after. I have been instakilled without the benefit of the shift before though, perhaps it only applies if you have a certain percantage of life left? Or perhaps the damage from the FE was actually delt in 2 seperate frames, one for the fire and one for the physical, and so the first shot took his life down and the second shot killed him before the shifting animation could trigger. There are several possibilities, but i don't know the exact details of how the shift works, I would not say you ALWAYS get the benefit of a shift, but it certainly seems to happen often especially with high to full life.

HR-Tecira

Diabloii.Net Member
I suppose one possibility is that it was FELE lister since that combo often has some invisble lighting for a short period after the death so the explosion takes the druid to the shift at 1 hitpoint state and the lighting kills. Maybe that also makes it so you don't see the shift animation and if just seems to go to instant deeds.

I have had one instance of 1 hit kill on a werewolf. This was some time ago with my first ladder character (armageddon wolf). The thing that killed me was an estrong/efast/cursed beetle boss (do not remember it being FE) I believe in this case that it was the juve bug that killed me. Got amped and started retreating and I believe I hit a juve while doing so then bam dead. (the juve bug is if you hit a juve at the instant you are hit with elemental damage and then are rapidly hit again with the same elemental type the damage is multipied and can result in insta kills)

Wayfaring

Diabloii.Net Member
det said:
By the way...I think ranged attackers (like sorcs and Necros) have the disadvantage in form of only 2 HP per vit point invested and bowazons cannot use a shield, so no 75% block here.
What is the advantage to having more HP and having 75% block when you have instant death regardless?

det said:
Sorcs can get "Blood Mana"
If blood mana killed in an instant like IM it would be worth discussing

...and if you feel that as a melee Paladin you are getting a bad deal from the party, you can switch off your party friendly aura. As a Barbarian, you can chose not to give BO..only to yourself in a quiet corner.
I never felt like I as getting a bad deal from the party. I was trying to explain that the party was so efficient in killing speed, that I couldn't identify the creature mods fast enough to be of any assistance.

Just remember - there is always going to be a build that is stronger. There is always going to be THE cookie cutter build for a class. Bowazons were almost unplayable in 1.00 - 1.07. With the fix in 1.09 and the GA bug, everybody was screaming at them being overpowered. Paladins used to be quite weak, now they rock. Elemental Druids? no no in 1.07 - Winddruids are killer machines now...etc etc. Please stop complaining..

I don't have a problem with each class having "THE cookie cutter build". The problems faced by a melee character span multiple character classes though. It's not a matter of what is most effective, but rather that any melee build has become unplayable. As paladins are my favorite class, I'd have to disagree that pallies were weak, at least concerning PvM. Apologies to all the hammerdins that are taking full advantage of BH, but IMO, pallies should be more concerned with increased attack speed than faster cast rate.

So as someone who prefers melee.... I'm going to keep complaining! :p

skunkbelly

Diabloii.Net Member
As for the question earlier about hell Baal runs being the only place you can get experience at some point... iirc, that threshold is level 95. Could someone verify?

Anyway, the point is, it's way high, and most of the people worried about IM probably have other options for leveling, if they choose.

Squatdog

Diabloii.Net Member
"I have a strong feeling you are full of *bs*"

If you actually bothered to read my post, you'd see I was asking why I got killed outright instead of just being transformed.

We were Amped and Lister was FE in a 8-player game, but other than that I didn't really pay attention. The reason for this is that is was SO EASY to the point of being farcial as the Minions went down in a matter of seconds and Lister was almost dead before we started whacking him. The only thing I can think of is if there was some kind of secondary damage over the top of FE.

I've been transformed by FE(and in general play) a couple of times and have got away with it by running away and hitting a rejuv, which has become instinctive over the years.

repoarto

Diabloii.Net Member
FE-mosters .... after that fix... hmm.. havent tested much.. but Lister is a pain in arse... when L is FE&LE then it hits very hard. My 91 level barb with bo&oak 56xx hp.. if i remember it was time before fix.. lister one hit almost killed me.. i dont even want to ques how much lister does damage when explodes.. even after fix.

csarmi

Banned
Standing around a FE boss as he is dying? You did deserve that fate with such stupidity. FE explosions were always nasty. That can be avoided quite easily, as well. Just don't be here.

boylehatesu

Diabloii.Net Member
Been there

I lost my lvl 82 druid with over 6k life to a fire enchanted extra strong hephisto in hell. No transforming to human no passing go no $200 I was dead as a door nail. So Bug = not fixed and any idiot that flames him for dying to a bug is pathetic

Forbiddian

Diabloii.Net Member
boylehatesu said:
I lost my lvl 82 druid with over 6k life to a fire enchanted extra strong hephisto in hell. No transforming to human no passing go no $200 I was dead as a door nail. So Bug = not fixed and any idiot that flames him for dying to a bug is pathetic
Hephasto is LE, so what probably happened (as some previous poster was saying, I think), is that the LE starts out, but the FE instantly hits you on death. This starts the animation and then the Lightning crawls over and you die to that.

Remember, there isn't much difference between 75% Fire Resists and 65% Fire Resists.

Half of it is Physical, and with Amplify Damage, 2/3rds of it is Physical. The difference between 75% and 65% is only 3.3_3%.

Here's another theory: You know how Baal cleans up the corpses after each wave? Would it be possible that that deals 1 damage or more? It looks like the CE animation, but as we all know, lazy-assed Blizzard repeats TONS of animations.

In response to boylehatesu: Yes, we all know about the bug. He should know, too. Standing next to Lister while Amped is like "asking a homosexual half-ogre to wrap its genitals in barbed wire before abusing you sexually".

At best, I think that the transformation will save your life once. Relying on it to save you when it *OBVIOUSLY* fails is like dueling a Ethereal Snapper with 48 SOJs in your stash, 28 life, Max Block/Dodge.

You will eventually fail the block and you'll lose your 48 SOJ's.

I think that an easy way to solve the problem is to have "cannot be cursed" gear.

Stick in as a Jewel Mod or something, and then that would stop Iron Maiden deaths, and these Amplify Damage/Decrepify insta-frags.

A good Melee character will have max DR, at least 75% FR, probably absorb, etc.

They'll be taking at most 40% of a FE explosion, and with even 3k life, that's not that hard to handily survive.

Cannot be cursed would also resist a lot of deaths to multi-shot monsters (which can, for some strange reason, hit you all 3 times when your multishot can only hit them back for one).

EDIT: Of course, this won't happen, but it's interesting to talk about how Blizzard could have stopped a bunch of complaining about the game (I think that the FE bug is pretty biased, but so is Tommy Hilfiger, so deal with it).

WackenOpenAir

Diabloii.Net Member
Xel'Naga said:

he is not ********ting. My palla died to listers death 2 days ago. Nightmare, 80 fire resists, some 1000 life.