Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

fire druid as mfer?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Flayed One, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Flayed One

Flayed One IncGamers Member

fire druid as mfer?

I started a fire druid, thinking of him as of my future mfer. The thing is, it seems that i should go with fire/summoner build to make an effective mfer - is that right? Or are moulten boulder/volcano strong enough to kill(effectively) fire immunes in hell? If they aren't, Il probably just make a windy for mfing purposes and pure fire for fun...:azn:

2. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

My experience with fire druid is quite bad, he doesn't kill as quickly as other more common MF builds. Windy would be better choice if you want a MF druid imho.

3. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

The fissure part of my fire/wind druid gets the job done well enough (for running areas, not bosses). I haven't really used volcano or boulder much since they just weren't my piece of pie. The main problem there is getting a secondary attack that works. My druid has 20 Tornado, 20 Cyclone Armour which does a decent job as well if I could aim tornados.

This seems to be - imho - the only real option.

Druid summons don't hurt anybody, so wolves and bears are out for killing things. Shapeshifting does work with less than 40 points but it's too annoying to shift / unshift all the time, and the spread between MF, +skills and melee gear properties is very hard to make. Having your merc kill all FIs will take too long, too.