Fire Claws Help

Arnatkoak

Diabloii.Net Member
Fire Claws Help

This is my first try at a Druid that is something other then a straight forward windy. Here is what I have planned and gear.

Skills~

20 Fire Claws

20 Firestorm

20 Molten Boulder

20 Fissure

1 Werewolf

1 Werebear

20 Lycanthropy

Left overs into Oak Sage

Gear~

Jala's Mane socketed either +5/-5 Fire Rainbow

CoH Dusk Shroud

Mara's Ammy

6x Shael Phase Blade

Raven Frost/SoJ

4x +5/-5 Fire Rainbow Monarch

Arach Belt

Gloves I'm up in the air about any ideas? Likely going for a blood crafted.

Boots I am also up in the air about. Alders? War Travs?
How does this look? Feedback would be great.

Arnatkoak

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Fire Claws Help

I read a few of the guides, I'd like this to be more PvM geared. I already have two fully dedicated PvP toons.

Queen Mebd

Diabloii.Net Member

If you're really wanting to stack on some -res, an even stronger option would be to use a jeweler's armor of the whale stuff with some fire facets. This still lets you use Stormshield should you go the maxblock route (which is imperative if this guy is in fact for pvp). Aldur's boots are a very strong option, the life, high fr/w, and fire res (makes up for what Stormshield lacks) is hard to beat. Also, if this is for pvp, you may want a couple different armors; the aforementioned jeweler's of the whale, possibly Chains for the resists, and Enigma for the fr/w (but by the heavens don't stat around it). Another nice option for an amulet would be a magic with +3 shapeshifting + life.

If this guy is pvm, boots with some crushing blow are nice (i.e. Goblin Toes). Even with the 25 percent cb on the goblers, you'll quickly take a huge chunk of life out of monsters swinging at four frames. Also, don't neglect a point in shockwave, it is quite possibly the best pvm skill ever.

You also have an option in terms of going for lycanthropy or the last fireclaws synergy. If this guy is for pvm, you could easily opt for the fourth fireclaws synergy to pump up you damage. You could also do this for pvp if you really have some decent charms, but in this regard it's really a matter of preference. Just so you have some numbers as a point of reference, my fireclaws druid (pvp) went the lycanthropy route with one point in oak and nets about 14-15k fireclaws (a little less with fr/w or ar gear) and a little over 8k life. I want to say the fourth fireclaws synergy route should push the damage up into the 16-18k range if memory serves me right (just don't quote me on that one).

edit: you just had to be typing the 'he's pvm' comment while I was typing this. If that's the case you could use a 20/-20 shield and potentially go all vitality, though the lack of faster blocking (when you do occasionally block) will be noticeable. Other than that he looks good, just pay little attention to the pvp comments above. :wink:

lumpor

Diabloii.Net Member

I would rather put those points in lycanthropy into the last synergy. I also wonder how armageddon would be for this build. Armageddon can be cast while in bear form, and it has the same synergies as fireclaws. And armageddon is also best when combined with melee, which you are doing here. Could someone use a + to armageddon pelt and try it out?
Anyway I think you should use both a monarch and a jewellers armor of the whale, for some good fire damage.

Queen Mebd

Diabloii.Net Member

You can really go either way with the last synergy or lycanthropy. Since Arnatkoak is going to be making a pvm character, I really see no reason not to go with the fourth syngery for fireclaws; if he's planning on using some high-end gear like a Chains of Honor and Arachnid Mesh, he'll have plenty of life with base lycanthropy and oak sage from all the + skills. Also pvm isn't all that dangerous to a well played bear; aside from being a tank, he has access to the best crowd control in all of dii, shockwave. Perhaps if this were a hardcore untwinked playthrough maxing lycanthropy would be the more prudent route, but for general pvm I don't see the necessity.

Also, if you can get four nice fire facets in a jeweler's armor, getting another 20/-20 or close to it in a shield is overkill; the -res won't break fire immunes and I'd much rather have some fbr and res off something like Sanctuary or even a Moser's with a couple diamonds in it.

Lastly, armageddon sure does look pretty, but it's not a terribly practical spell. You'd be lucky to hit the broadside of a barn with it. If you really wanted to get the skill off a pelt that could be fun to play around with for a bit, but you'll eventually find you'd be much better off deshifting and casting fissure if you're really wanting to do any damage with a fire spell. Just my two cents.

BAMFSpecialOps

Diabloii.Net Member

Bloodfist gloves will be hard to beat, fhr/life. 'Geddon has some nice fireworks, but that is about all, it hits pretty random and doesn't do enough dmg to really earns its points. Otherwise looks pretty good.