Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fire Claws - A discovery, and a choice

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Moonflax, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Moonflax

Moonflax IncGamers Member

Fire Claws - A discovery, and a choice

I'm stuck on a choice between two helms. On one hand, I have another 3k damage to fire claws. On the other, I get level 7 raven (which is handy for blinding enemies, say what you like) but also has -20% enemy fire resist.

Also, what I have discovered is that Armageddon is usable in wereform, and is the only fire elemental that isn't synergous with fire claws.

For the cost of 6 skill points (with this build, that hurts...) I can take up a decent armageddon that I can use while using my fire claws.

Hmm... I guess I just can't tell which is better. -resists can always be nice, but they are relatively new, so it's hard to tell what is better.

2. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

The major helms of choice when it comes to fire claws are usually jalas & cerebus, depending on whom your dueling. The ravenlore that you have there might look nice for -resistance, but in all honesty that is all it is good for, and that can be replicated by facets.

What helm do you have that grants +3k? I'm assuming its either jalas or cerebus.

If this is for dueling, try both - 'um' jalas for standard duels, cerebus vrs melee when your attackrating is in need.

The cost of 6 skill points is rough on a fire claw druid, since your not intill your late 90's when you actually finish the synergies. Imo, for pvm, its worth it since it will destroy all those maggots & skin sacks and whatever small critters try to swamp you.

For pvp although, it wont hurt anyone with average resistance, and its only reallly good for maybe causing a little lag on the other guys server since he hasnt seen the skill cast for so long :) .

3. naturebunns

naturebunns IncGamers Member

Either Upped Jalals with an Um/Firefacet or an Upped near perfect Cerebus

personally, I use upped jalals with Ber

4. Valvolux

Valvolux IncGamers Member

Cerebus' Bite can't be upgraded, its already elite. But yeah like ppl have already said Jalal's Mane is your best choice.

5. naturebunns

naturebunns IncGamers Member

I know it's already elite

I was talking about a jalals, and put upped on it by mistake

6. IMCanadian

IMCanadian IncGamers Member

Thats cuz ur a newb bunns...JK....no I don't have anything else good to say.

7. Moonflax

Moonflax IncGamers Member

Alright. I'll stick with the Jalal's Mane then. I just wasn't sure how much the -resistance would be worth.

Yes, I am sticking it out with the Armageddon. For this build, where those clicks would be so nice, it really hurts, because I could use maxing Lycanthropy and Werewolf too, and I can't even touch those with this build.

Even still, I'm not very pvp oriented, and I do see a noticable damage from the Armageddon in pvm. I do have an Infinity merc. The way I have things seems to work very well.

Also, I am using Earthshifter +7 elemenhal skills, good damage in it's own right for physical hits too. ...and well, that's how I'm doing it right now, and it's working lovely. :)