Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fire Claw Druids?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by zachdini, Sep 1, 2006.

1. zachdini

zachdini IncGamers Member

Fire Claw Druids?

I've been searching various forums for Fire Claw druid guides, and I have found a lot, but most of them seem to be PvP.

Now, Im more of a PvM type of guy, and I was wondering if Fire Claw is only viable in PvP? Or is it ok in PvM?

Thanks...

Also, same thing about fury/rabies...is it only good in PvP? or is it ok in PvM?

2. IMCanadian

IMCanadian IncGamers Member

No they are viable pvm, but your better off doing a split build like fury/fireclaws...which there is a guide to. Or even a merc and summons? But they are very viable pvm...I would say moreso then pvp.

3. zachdini

Wow, thanks a lot for the quick reply!

Im guessing that a FC/Fury combo would use the Wolf more-so than the bear. Also, in the guides that I looked at about FC/Fury, they didn't really mention to max out wolf or bear, and didnt really suggest what to do.

Would I max wolf? Or just put one point into it and move on?

In other builds on FC that I've seen, they usually say that FC is best used with bear and is not so amazing with wolf. Is this true, or is it just because of the high dmg and health of bear?

Thanks.

4. IMCanadian

IMCanadian IncGamers Member

Pure fireclaws is better with a bear, but im no bear expert. If you go pure fire, go bear and make sure you have a strong a2 merc to tank immunes. With good gear, I've test sick fireclaws dmg on wolf. If you wanna go pur fire claws, go bear, get a good a2 merc. Use the search feature and search for a fireclaws bear guide, I saw one recently.

Ps. Fury is wolf only (but you knew that:grin:)

5. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

they can be viable in pvp and pvm - but there are fire immunes in pvm and players can absorb fire damage of they want to. That's why fury is usually better - BUT if someone is not using absorb, or having stacked resistances, fire claws is going to be a little better than fury. Plus, in pvm, you can get away with using crushing blow gear and maul to kill fire immunes, even with very low physical damage you can still kill things.

6. zachdini

Alright thanks a lot,

I think im gona go fury / FC and go wolf (obviously)....But should I max wolf? or just put one point into it?

EDIT: inkanddagger-

Just saw your post after I posted mine, so you think I should go pure FC and bear? Or do you think using fury instead of maul on a wolf is good for the fire immunes?

7. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

honestly, if you use maul, you are going to be doing the same damage in pvm as a level 1 fury - and by not maxing out fc synergies you are losing out on potential thousands of damage.

8. HuggieTheBear

HuggieTheBear IncGamers Member

I agree 100% with ink on the skill distribution (go 20 lycanth and all the res into fire syns). If you feel your gonna have a problem with immunes get a merc with Eth infinity on it. Also, I wasn't having to many problems with immunes on my F/c bear and I was using 4 socketed gris caddy as my main weapon. Well good luck to you.

9. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

105 ias griz caddy will be a 5 frame weapon on a bear with plenty of physical damage if you choose that route - remeber the werebear skill benefiits from prebuffing too, so using c/t/a and spirit to shift, or a mang songs will also boost your physical damage up.

my top setup for a fc would be shael jalals, bloodfistss, verds, metalgrid, raven, rare ring with +15 res, ar, str, dext etc sort of mods or bk, CoH in a light armor, gore riders (for cb/ow) or ik boots (lots of life/ar/40 r/w) and a 4 shael 2x 15res/15ias phase. or you could ber a stormshield and ditch verds for either hsarus boots/belt combo, or use a 24fhr crafted belt with ow and life and rare 20 fhr res boots or shadow dancers to help you get to the 154 fhr breakpoint (in bear form). or you could even use trangs belt and go with full anglelic rings/ammy - you will gain lots of life and ar that way, but you will lose out on the resistances, defense, cold absorb etc offered by the other setup. for more ar and fhr where you need it you can always go into wolf form - use a 5 shael facet war scythe with shaftstop for dueling smiters.

lots of options in other words.