Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fire Claw Bear

Discussion in 'Druid' started by skullvomit, Sep 28, 2010.

1. skullvomit

skullvomit Diabloii.Net Member

Fire Claw Bear

I currently have a Mauler but messed up the respec. I was wearing CoH while assigning points and now str bug with SS when I die in pvp. So I have to respec if I want to use Fort.

A thing that I've noticed that Maul is great when full globe but it builds too slow to do the killing. That made me think FC and its instant dmg. Also the ar seems to improve alot so I could go from full angelics to ravens+highlords? If the deadly strike/ias transfers. Now to the questions regarding the gear I have.

Gris caddy (4 shael'd)
    Caduceus being [-10] and this one getting 120ias, is it combarable to 6 shael PB [-30]? And does the 235% ed transfer to hits? My sad guess now is that it won't. Same goes to Forti edmg, if it doesn't transfer better to use the CoH.

Inventory
    I have ar/life/max dmg charms in various mixes and sizes, anni, torch. Are the 9 SS charms a must dmg wise compared to what I have? Again my guess is that max dmg doesn't transfer. But ar from charms does, right?

Thanks for clarifications :thumbup:

2. Verashiden

Verashiden Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Fire Claw Bear

Gris hits at 5 frame IIRC but hits harder physically. PB only needs 110 IAS to hit 4 frame, meaning you can use 4 shaels then two 15 IAS/mod jewels.

Skillers are a must.

3. skullvomit

Alright, thanks. Basically I'm ready to respec after getting the skillers. After reading superjayson's guide only extra dmg mod would be OW. Which makes me a bit of sad panda. I shall keep avoiding whrils and hammerfields trying to get mauls in then, until turning to fire side.

4. Verashiden

If you use a PB you only need to hit with Maul once then switch to FC to permastun the poor fool.

5. Skullbash

Skullbash Diabloii.Net Member

You could also shockwave them when they go out of melee range. Shockwave is such a cool skill, try using it against windies, it helps a ton.

Trying to maul a hammerdin will get you killed, you'd probably be better off maxing werbear and using the innate ed% from that on fireclaws. Then again, as fireclaws don't expect to beat many hammerdins anyway.

6. skullvomit

heh. because of that low expect I enjoy the bear. No 'din kills yet but beating 8 lvls higher barb warms my heart as well :) only 1 point in WB but with +skills its 15 now. Atm 10k dmg 5,7k bo life, no spirits. With angelics + raven Ar 17,5k hoping that it'd rise...

yes, windies are tough. mainly because of minion stack I'm too late to target them instead of wolf but practice helps I guess.

edit: now with 8 skillers and rare fhr belt: 86 fhr pb, 5,2k life, 12k dmg, 18,5k ar, max block, max res (coh).. now only thing to improve frw speed. with enigma easiest to achieve, will have to see how it affects the res.

edit2: I prefer CoH for now. Respecced again to get armageddon running. 5.8k life, 11k dmg, 18.5k ar, max block & res, 89 FHR, 1.2k armageddon. with set up:

CoH
    24 fhr, 30 life, 15 str belt
    Bloodfists
    Gris caddy (4 shael)
    SS (Pdia)
    Jalal's (15 @res jwl)
    Angelics + 20 dex 222 ar Raven
    Aldur's boots
    8 plain skillers
    20 lifers
    Torch & Anni

To improve: replace caddy with 6soc PB. 4 shaels and 2x15ias/AR,Res Or just go the faster (in making) 6 shael route. Fast 6 shael range5 2hander against casters. And turn to WW when opposing high def chars..

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  7. minuses

minuses Diabloii.Net Member

I believe FC druids are only good for zeal like duels. But I never really built a fc druid.

8. skullvomit

And that's why you're wrong ;) Belief doesn't matter, action does.

I've taken down trappers and sorcs with current range 1 weapon.. I can only imagine the ease range 5 brings. Said windies are pain and so are whirl chars. I just cant seem to squeeze a hit when they whirl around me. Also lightJavas 2 hit me.

9. Judson

Judson Banned

In PvM you can make a fireclaw druid with a source of crushing blow and never miss the physical damage you lose.

10. Hartside

Hartside Diabloii.Net Member

The biggest problem I had with my fc bear , as soon as someone puts nokazon ,rising sun , hotspurs or any abs your screwed but if you stack frw chasing sorcs down and amazons is a scream my favourite weapon is 4 sheal 2 15/15 ias res jewels other people like 15/100 ias ar jewels as ar vs barbs is a problem and smiters forget it. After playing one for about a month I started playing my hybrid wolf there just so more versatile but that's just my humble oppinion , ps I'm not the most skilled player on the realm so it might just be me ;)

11. Verashiden

If you hate sorb build FC/Rabies >.>

12. Judson

Judson Banned

Someone put a really good guide about this on here a few years ago, if I recall correctly. ;)

13. Hartside

Fc rabies used to work due to carrion bug iirc wouldn't it just be 2 weak skills now or 1 good damage and 1 poor damage ^^

14. Judson

Judson Banned

You should read the 2007 FC/Rabies guide. I know one guy had 8k life, 40k rabies, and 12k fireclaws in 1.11 long after the carrion/stone bugs were gone.

15. Verashiden

Cus Ink is rich as something really rich.

It works, Hartside. Mine had 42k Rabies and 9k FC but GOBS of AR.

16. Hartside

Sounds good damage but I'll stick with fury rabies ^^

17. Verashiden

Well FC/Rabies is for those who really want to use FC. Fury is by nature better for PvP due to a few things:

The way you can shift Fury
    The Fury Mechanic allows you to exploit advantages in defensive gaps faster
    Non sorbable

However, FC/Rabies has a few things Fury/Rabies doesn't:

Stupid high AR
    Most pubbies see a Wolf and auto assume Fury, even when they die in two shots.
    Wider range of weapons that can be used

It's a fun build and I still have the stripped character, if I ever wanted to use my respec to optimize it :D.