Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fire Blast?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by [cK]Extreme, Feb 23, 2004.

1. [cK]Extreme

[cK]Extreme IncGamers Member

Fire Blast?

I was just looking at the skills info.. and well, it has a s*itload of synergies.

Shock Web: +9% Fire Damage Per Level
    Charged Bolt Sentry: +9% Fire Damage Per Level
    Wake of Fire: +9% Fire Damage Per Level
    Lightning Sentry: +9% Fire Damage Per Level
    Wake of Inferno: +9% Fire Damage Per Level
    Death Sentry: +9% Fire Damage Per Level

Assuming their all maxed, thats +1080% damaged.. seems to me this would be a good skill to use, no?

2. Prodigy

Prodigy IncGamers Member

its not all that good, you would hit about 6k damage by maxing all the synergies you can and getting 10 trap charms + skill items. and then theres the fact that it is slow damage cuz its gotta follow this huge parabolic arc before landing on the ground. and the radius (3.3 yards) is so small i dont even think a person fits in that space.

3. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

Don't diss it too quickly. Because FB is supplemental damage. Look at CBS's synergies.

Charged Bolt Sentry Receives Bonuses From
    Shock Web: +1 Bolt Per 3 Levels
    Lightning Sentry: +1 Shot Per 4 Levels
    Fire Blast: +6% Lightning Damage Per Level
    Lightning Sentry: +6% Lightning Damage Per Level
    Death Sentry: +6% Lightning Damage Per Level

Once you fully synergize your lightning side of your traps and max out your FB, you'll be doing a ton of damage. Yes, I'm assuming a lot of +trap skills. At some point your CBS will surpass your LS for damage especially for large targets and targets that are immobile or that can be held in place.

FB also goes quicker the closer you are to your target. And theoritically after you start throwing FBs your initial hit should be slow, but it shouldn't delay your next throw.

Aiming of course is another trick. So you need some way to keep your target very immobile for this to work.

4. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

how are you planing on maxing 7 skills?

C-Beat

5. lextalionis

You never will. You can get close.

SWeb only needs 18
    DS is the last thing you max. With +traps you'll have great range.

But you wouldn't put more than 1 point in anything else. You might even try to save skill points in your shadow skills by finding +3 trap claws with +1 to those SHadow skills you think you need.

And I'm only talking about maxing 5 skills, this isn't impossible. Wake of Fire and Wake of Inferno, just don't help that much in your main Lightning traps and they don't help FB anymore than lightning skills do. And getting all of them is impossible.

20 CBS
    20 LS
    20 FB
    18 SWeb
    20 DS

6. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

the thing is, with that skill placement you will use your lightning traps more than fireblast, hence it is a lightning trapper.

C-Beat

7. lextalionis

First off, yes you will use LS and CBS primarially. But your supposed to? FB is a spammable trap. But it makes sense to lay some cast and forget traps too. If you are goin to do that you might as well get some traps that will
    1. Do damage, Fire traps will not do the same level of damage
    2. That are a different elemental damage so you aren't limited when you run into fire immunes.

The word duh comes to mind. There wouldn't be anything wrong with a Fire trapper, but any FB caster with his head on will cast minion traps of some type.

You could just as easily do

20 FB
    20 WoF
    20 WoI
    20 DS

But you'd be limiting yourself to Fire and Physical damage.

But that's why I said. FB is primarially a supplemental damage skill. Not a primary damage skill. As such FB really works pretty well.