Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fire Avenger Idea

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Mack, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Mack

Mack IncGamers Member

Fire Avenger Idea

Hello all,

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I know I haven't seen the idea yet.

Basically a Fire Centric Avenger (though the other elementals would work similarly)

Skills:
    vengeance, fire resist, salvation and conviction

Vengeance would get a huge fire boost from fire resist and salvation. Light and Cold would also get boosts from salvation.

The idea centers around the idea of focusing on 1 elemental damage directly: FIRE. One key would be the use of FIRE rainbow facet jewels. Socketed in weapon, armor, shield and helm. That alone could give a relative 40% increase in fire damage. +5/-5 = 10% more damage x 4 = 40%. The Armor used would be Ormus Robes, to give the nice elemental damage push to all 3, hopefully with 15% fire. =+55% fire damage. FCR and random sorc skills being fairly useless here. I have an etheral demon limb (222-333 fire damage, 200+ ave dam.) Probably a HOZ for shield, just because the mods are so nice. Nosferatu's Coil, verdungos, string or even glooms trap for belt. Infernostride boots (which with max fire resist would give you sweet max fire resists) Hellmouth or Lava Gout Gloves. Amulet: Maybe rising sun or maras, probably a rare or crafted. Rings would be used to fill out whatever is needed, leech, resists, etc Undecided on Helm.

Of course, if the rainbow facets and ormus robues don't work as I hope they do than this build isn't that great of an idea.

any input, care to crush my dreams?

2. andyishuge

andyishuge IncGamers Member

You'd have to make sure you're dealing enough of a different type of damage to deal with FI, but I guess with conviction that shouldnt be a problem.

3. Mack

Mack IncGamers Member

and I'll still be doing some light and cold damage as well. along with physical.

4. eidotekili

eidotekili IncGamers Member

I had this same idea myself, except it came from trying to find a use for dragonscale(is this sheild really useless?). I currently have a lvl 60 pally wich im testing to see if this is any good. Since i was just going for it without trying to read any guides or anything I didnt know exactly what gear to use, but what i had in mind is similar to your gear setup. The demon limb i planned to use on switch though and use lightsabre or something else as my main wpn. I'd love to hear what other ppl think of this too, has anyone ever tried this?

5. paladin anderson

paladin anderson IncGamers Member

in my experiance thus far, rainbow facets are a bit dissapointing in the ed area, tho pvm hold a bit of promise in the lowering monsters res area. so they are ok but i think you will also be expecting a bit more than you get. GL tho

6. Evanta

Evanta IncGamers Member

For dragonscale, get a holy fire zealot, and use a djinn slayer as main weapon, and your're pretty good to go.

If you're extremely rich, the best weapon would be Hand of Justice Phase Blade, but yah, that's for the EXTREMELY rich.

7. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

You can always make a crescent moon to take out fire immunes =D