Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Finishing up my windy build, need advice

Discussion in 'Druid' started by gvandale, Mar 16, 2004.

1. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

Finishing up my windy build, need advice

Let me start, by apologizing for reposting the same 'ol same 'ol crap wa zoo!

My stats:
    Str: 99 base (200'ish after items I think)
    Dex: 18x'ish (75% block..adding accordingly per level)
    Vit: REST (1500+ life after oak)
    Nrg: Base

My Skills:
    1 Artic Blast
    20 Cyclone Armor
    20 Twister
    20 Tornado
    20 Hurricane
    1 Raven
    9 Oak Sage

Items:
    Shako (+2)
    Enigma Archon(+2)
    Mara's (+2)
    HOTO (+3)
    SS
    Frosties
    SOJ (+1)
    Arachnid Mesh (+1)
    Raven Frost (dex savings / cbf)
    Silkweave boots

Charms:
    1x Anni
    1x Elemental Charm
    1x +5 str / +14 res all GC
    1x Gheeds

My items give me:
    12 all skills
    13 elemental skills

Now my questions:

1. This is a 3 part question:
    1a. Is grizzly worth the 2 pre-req's? With +12 all, that would be a slvl13 grizzly off of 3 points total spent.
    1b. If grizzly is worth at least 1, should I put more?
    1c. What to do with oak sage? Leave it where it is? Or max it? If I max it, should I put 1 into Grizzly first?

2. Shield Socket Options? I am going to do some mf'ing with this guy at some point. My resists are pretty good right now, i'm not far off from 75% all (maybe in the 45+ to 55+ range). What to socket in the SS? Shael for faster blocking? IST for more mf? UM to max out resists?

3. Skill Charms? Should I stack up on the elemental charms for more direct dmg through my spells? Or should I get 7 summon charms to boost my oak / ravens / and possibly (depending on answer 1) grizzly?

4. Is there a source I can get CBF from if I remove the Raven, without socketing CHAM? I'm pretty sure there isn't, but I'd like to add another soj or a bk ring.

Merc helm question:

I have a lvl 75 defiance / holy freeze merc. He uses:
    Doom Cryptic Axe
    Stone Etheral Balrog Skin
    Crown of Thieves (10% LL)

Problem is Life leech. I love the weapon for the dual aura's, the armor gives unbelievably great defense, and now I need life leech.

I was figuring COT for the high life leech, possibly upgrading it. Your thoughts?

Thanks for your help.
    G

2. C_Marfy

C_Marfy IncGamers Member

I'm seeing, correct me if I'm wrong, 60 fcr here, and that's just 8 short of 68 which is the next breakpoint, isn't it? I would add some more in that case, probably though switching frosties for set heavy bracers or magefists. :thumbsup:

3. gvandale

dig it. i would really like to keep the frosties, as spamming an endless hail of tornado is uber sexxy.

maybe replace the raven for a fcr ring?

g

4. Deadbolt'd

Deadbolt'd IncGamers Member

Use the synergies to get to the Grizzly Bear. 1 point is all you need, unless you end up with more (unlikely). I put in 1 point on my elementalist with few plus skills and he gets 975 life, not counting sage. After adding in sage, he gets up in the 2000 health range. Works wonders for a recastable tank. After that, put the remaining points into oak sage. You will notice the difference in your life total and in your tanks/ minions. You really don't seem to have anything else to max. Also, you will want the second vine. 4 % life of YOUR entire life total makes a huge difference, and it has saved me during lag spikes on baal runs many times. Hope this helps,

-DB

5. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

CBF can be found on rhyme if you're mfing.
    Grizzly is certainly worth it.
    Max oak, 1 pt in grizzly should be fine.

For mf, switch out ss for rhyme and raven for a 10fcr ring.

6. gvandale

dig it.

thanks guys, quick question on the charms...summon or elemental?

7. C_Marfy

C_Marfy IncGamers Member

Elemental. The extra life on both you and the bear won't help much when it comes to killing faster, and killing faster=safer.

8. CoWa-Avatar

CoWa-Avatar IncGamers Member

First off I am going to assume you are playing Softcore Ladder with this druid. My advice is from a hardcore ladder druid standpoint.

First thing I think you should do is max out oaksage. get 1 in ravens, 1 in sprit wolves, and 1 in dire wolves. I like dire over the grizzly because it gives you 3 shields to take hits rather than the 1 grizzly. some just keep it at the spirit wolves, or 5 shields to take hits. it is a personal choice when going with these summons. but I would do all this after making oaksage 20 base

As with items. they seem ok, I think you should max out on resistances tho.
    and Keep the raven on.

I already answered that question in the above text.

Um rune

I would either go resistance charms if you do not have max resistances, or if you do have max resistances go elemental charms or small vita charms

I would just keep the raven on, almost everyone in hardcore uses a raven as one of their rings.

Also I think your merc is fine, he is not a killer you are. he doesnt need life leech. if it is him dying alot something is not working out right.