Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

finishing quests

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by beginthreadex, Nov 8, 2006.

1. beginthreadex

beginthreadex IncGamers Member

finishing quests

My character is a multi-player, having fun at home over the LAN. When I complete a quest and we start up a new game with my character the quest is complete. Is there a time when it will be a quest again? In nightmare? In Hell? And once complete in Hell is it just complete forever?

2. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Once you complete a quest in a given difficulty, it is done for that difficulty.

However all quests repeat in the next difficulties( Nightmare and Hell).

You can, however, repeat crtain quests any number of times after they are done, by this I mean you can kill the bosses over and over in the same difficulty. You will nned to start a fresh game in that same difficulty. You won't get credit for the quest because you have already done it.

Sidenote: You cannot repeat quests in the same difficulty that give rewards, I.E. Skill points, Imbue, Socketing in act 5, Lam Essen's Tome in Act 3, etc. These can only be done once per difficulty.

Also if a friend of yours does have to finish a quest for credit and you already did that quest in an earlier game, and you create the game, your friend will be unable to finish his/her quest.

Let your friend make the game then join it.

3. beginthreadex

beginthreadex IncGamers Member

My a friend creates a game that I have already completed a quest in and they have not ... will joining their game and completing the quest with them sow rewards?

4. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Your friend cannot create a game that you have already completed a quest in., but I think I know what you mean:

For example you killed Andariel in Normal, and later your friend creates a new game and you join it, but you have already killed Andariel in an earlier Normal game?

The answer is yes, they can still get credit for completing the quest.

But the catch is that your joining will not complete the quest. He will have to go kill Andariel himself for credit.

5. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

You will not receive rewards you have already received. You can help your friend complete the quest so they get the bonus, but you will not get the bonus a second time for yourself.