Finish the Polebarb

GargonCerlan

Diabloii.Net Member
Finish the Polebarb

I just finished maxing polearm mastery, whirlwind, and battle orders with one in each one point wonder. I want this barb to do pitruns/cows/and boss runs in moderately full games. I will have 86% fhr, hit the lwbp, currently have (at level 70) 3k life with battle orders. I am using fortitude and when chilling armor is active and with shout and iron skin around level 10 with +skills, I have about 15k defense. My question is, should I finish the barb with maxing shout for higher def, berserk for quick boss killing (and to synergize the left click conc with magic damage), or pump some points into battle cry as my AR is only about 3.5k? I am not using angelics, nor ravenfrosts/highlords yet, and I could switch to them, its just that I was using bk rings and maras to have higher BO while leveling to 70 in nm. Or make Hal proud and pump concentrate since it is my left click skill. :) Physical immunes/IM are not a problem remember since I have 1 point in berserk already. Interested in hearing your opinions.

GargonCerlan :drink: :buddies:

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm for PvM WW Barb 3.5k AR is a tad low for me and i'd get charms and ravenfrost to gain at least 5k+ for hell and use battlecry for a bit of boost. Ya why not max shout as it also synergises your zerk nicely too :D The Mara's/BK to gain higher lvl BO could be replaced by a pair of echoing (+3 warcries) weapons and barb's chance to do double damage is better with more deadly strike (highlord's) as he has critical from mastery which all adds up. You could equip mara's/bk for prebuffing BO and swap em out if you wish.

GargonCerlan

Diabloii.Net Member
batuchka said:
Hmm for PvM WW Barb 3.5k AR is a tad low for me and i'd get charms and ravenfrost to gain at least 5k+ for hell and use battlecry for a bit of boost.
Well the lack of AR is due to me having base dexterity. Now that I'm well past the clvl req to equip things I planned on switching out some gear to make up for the horrid AR. I think in nm I have 79% chance to hit Colenzo's minions, pretty sad really.

batuchka said:
Ya why not max shout as it also synergises your zerk nicely too :D
What about this? If I evenly level both berserk and shout, as both will nicely synergize further my conc and zerk, which may make my barb a bit more flexible, as the zerk synergy to conc will make easy work of stone skin monsters without having me switch skills, I'm just lazy that way.

batuchka said:
The Mara's/BK to gain higher lvl BO could be replaced by a pair of echoing (+3 warcries) weapons
On switch I currently am using two hoto's for the faster cast and resists while prebuffing. I figure that if I decide to put a point into battle cry and/or warcry, I'd want to get it off as quick as possible as no block and somewhat mediocre defense will be the death of me. I have a lvl 30 BO with the two hotos areats and 2xcharms which I think is plenty at the moment. Oh and I checked after I posted last night. I have 3800 life after Battle Orders at level 70.
batuchka said:
and barb's chance to do double damage is better with more deadly strike (highlord's) as he has critical from mastery which all adds up.
Does Deadly Strike apply directly to zerk also? Do you have a chance to do double whatever amount of magic damage you're dealing, cause that would be a ton!

batuchka said:
You could equip mara's/bk for prebuffing BO and swap em out if you wish.
I think I'm set with the lvl 30 BO. Thanks for the input, and hopefully someone can tell me about zerk and DS.

GargonCerlan :drink: :buddies: