finding the d clone?

Gx_Eternal

Diabloii.Net Member
finding the d clone?

Im sure this has been asked a few times, but ill ask agian any way.
I know the d clone is supposed to be the first unique monster you come across, but today during a game in hell, the d clone showed up and after searching about 30min, all of us gave up on him and left. He wasnt in the area we were in (it was act4 near izzy) and we searched the rest of the game with no luck. Anyone have any idea or is there something i missed that helps you find him?

freed0m

Diabloii.Net Member
Gx_Eternal said:
Im sure this has been asked a few times, but ill ask agian any way.
I know the d clone is supposed to be the first unique monster you come across, but today during a game in hell, the d clone showed up and after searching about 30min, all of us gave up on him and left. He wasnt in the area we were in (it was act4 near izzy) and we searched the rest of the game with no luck. Anyone have any idea or is there something i missed that helps you find him?
I think many of us got similar experience like u...
last time, we looked for Dc for a few hours...
still cant find it.
so terrible.

spellegren

Diabloii.Net Member
Check this thread http://www.rpgforums.net//showthread.php?t=131223

My response in it:

spellegren said:
Originally Posted by Zenkat
Also, in my experience, he will NOT spawn if you have already "spawned" the superunique boss. ie- if you visit rakanishu, or eldritch, or shenk, or whoever Before he comes and then leave the area, then he spawns and you go back to visit those superuniques, he will NOT spawn as them. You will have to find a fresh superunique that you havent visited yet
Originally Posted by C_Narccisus
He spawns IN PLACE OF the next superunique that your game spawns. So if you just entered a fresh game you can spawn him anywhere
These are both correct, but do not cover most circumstances where DClone cannot be found.

In a fresh game you can 100% spawn DClone at whatever super unique you choose, as long as you have not been to an area with any super uniques that have been left alive and not "awoken" (ie the super unique and pack have seen you {or you have seen them} and started to go into attack mode).

The number one DClone loss I have found is that people make a game, run Eldritch and Shenk first and then go on to pindle or meph or the pit or whatever and they see soj's being sold so they hang around. When DClone pops they can't seem to find him, they spawn all sorts of super uniques and he just isn't there. "Where is he?" you ask? Heh, Dac Farren (middle of the Bloody Foothills).

You see, DClone spawns as the closest super unique to the first place you travelled in the game, assuming there is a super unique still alive in that area that you have not already spawned.

Of course, this is not the easiest thing in the world to test, as you can't get DClone to pop on demand. I have seen him now in two dozen or so games, mostly public and some private and I have never once failed to find him quickly, no matter how many of the areas of the game have been farmed.

To test this yourself, when you find a soj selling game go kill Eldritch first, then go on and kill time while you wait for him to spawn, leave Shenk alive and un-awakened. When he pops he will spawn at Shenks location 100% of the time, you can try every other super unique in the game, but he will be at Shenks spot. Or if you kill Eld and Shenk first he will be at Dac Farren's spot. This would apply to any map where there are multiple super uniques within a realatively small area.

Heh, also this is the simplest way to code the DClone spawn, the server simply checks the game for the first un-contacted super unique that has been placed on a map, and if this requirement isn't filled then it will be as soon as you take a way point that is in an area with a super unique.

I hope this little tid-bit of information helps people find DClone in every game he spawns in, I hate the idea of DClone's going un-killed and people missing out on their Anni charms.

The best one I have found to date is 19/19/10.

Also, don't let anyone tell you otherwise, DClone is soloable by just about ANY well built character in the 80's. SO DON'T LOSE HOPE!

Good luck and happy hunting!
p.s. he was probably at Dac Farren :(

EDITS: For quote maddness :D

Bunnz

Diabloii.Net Member
Just a quick note of thanks to spellegren, cause after 90 SOJ, I was pretty peeved when I couldn't find DC.

Instructions were spot on tho.

Thanks!

Amnesiac249

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm. I've found DC once, but it didn't seem to go down like spellegren said. I was doing mf runs so I think the first place I went to was probably either meph or pindle. When I saw the counter I decided to hang around, so I also killed eldritch, shenk, the council, and I think I went to tristram. When DC finally entered the game, I brought in a friend and we tried to use Bishibosh. Didn't work, and I know I hadn't seen him before. Next we tried corpsefire, and he spawned there. I don't think I had gone anywhere near the blood moor or the den earlier in the game.

Gx_Eternal

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the info, i think the most interesting place ive found dclone was while doing baal runs with a group, and he showed up as one of baals minions in the throne. That was kind of cool seeing d show up instead of the next pack of minions.