Finding out HoZ ed

zooply

Diabloii.Net Member
Finding out HoZ ed

Okay so I made a game (escl) to see what offers I'd get on my 18/13 ptorch. This one guy offers an unid hoz + um (already it's sounding like a rip off). He claims that he knows the ed on it should be something like 180, and that there's some 'formula' he learned from a friend on how you can find out the ed on an unid hoz.

Now I know enough to think BS right off the bat, but the only thing that has me thinking is when we went to a private game he showed a hoz with 169 base, whereas on Arreat it says the highest base a gilded shield can get is 168. So at first I wondered if there was some truth to what he was saying, but thinking about it now I am guessing Arreat was just off 1 pt on defense.

Thoughts?

ProfessionalBerg

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Finding out HoZ ed

1. There is no LEGAL way to find the variable stats of an unid item. Only by the accursed hacking, of which we will not speak here.

2. Items that have inherent ED% (uniques, sets, rares, magics, superior items) will always have the base defense of max+1. Note that this does not apply to runewords, since their ED% is added upon creation of the runeword, not upon item drop. This is why a non-upped Vipermagi always has defense of 279: (126+1)*(1+220/100)=279. Base defense is rerolled when upping an item (not ED% though).

3. Do not buy unid items with variable stats unless you feel like gambling a bit. I once bought an unid Anni, and it was a 10/11/10. Lesson learned.

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Finding out HoZ ed

3. Do not buy unid items with variable stats unless you feel like gambling a bit. I once bought an unid Anni, and it was a 10/11/10. Lesson learned.
At least it's still 10% exp. Too bad it isn't 10/10/10, though, as that could earn quite a bit in the eyes of a collector.