Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Finding Items by Item lvl

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Jemme, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Jemme

Jemme IncGamers Member

Finding Items by Item lvl

Hello you guys. I had a question about where I can best find a plain Monarch so I can get it socketed in Act5.

I know the Item lvl is 54 and that this will effect the place where I can find it. I also heard my own Clvl is of importance or is it?

Can somebody help me underway as to where to find such an item and/or if there is some guide around which describes the workings of drops.

Txs,

Jemme

2. Elgar

Elgar IncGamers Member

Mlvl 54 is late act3 NM (I know mlvl 50 starts with the marsh, important info for skillers) If i were looking for one, id do NM cows over and over, with no MF, to find a nonmagical monarch, if your info about the ILVL is correct.

3. Jemme

Jemme IncGamers Member

I got lucky. I was helping out a friend get his pala from Clvl 92 to 93 and a Monarch dropped in Throne Room (Hell).

Well that and we got some nice skillers, both leveled up ( I went from 89 to 90 with my Pala Avenger build), I found a heap of Rare set items, we found a perfect Eaglehorn and to top it all of ... we defeated Diablo when he was walking the Earth.

This was by far the best evening to date and my first Diablo walks ever. :)

4. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Monarchs have a Qlvl of 72, which means they are in armo72. Only monsters that can drop TC72 or higher can drop them. Monsters with Mlvl 54 aren't able of dropping, because their Mlvl is too low (normal monsters) or their preset maximum TC is too low (act bosses and other bosses with custom TCs).
    Your best bet of getting Monarchs is by hunting down monsters with a maximum TC of 75. Should be the Black Marsh in hell IIRC, but don't quote me on that.

If you're desparately in need of such a guide, the Item Generation guide on dii.net might be a bit useful, although it's unnecessarily detailed and written for 1.09.

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

When the new runewords came out, I checked where the greatest chances for monarchs and GMB are and I'm quite sure it's in the hell act 3 jungles, just as RTB said. You can verify this with ATMAs drop calculator.

Monarchs drop a lot in hell act 2 and higher, but if you don't want to wait for one to drop, but buy one, don't pay more than a few pgems, even if some people want to make you believe it's worth Pul or so. Perhaps a superior one with 4 sockets already being in it is worth that much, but not a normal, 0 socket one.

6. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Remember that the Flayer drop chance is doubled, so it's not the best place. Cows are the monsters to kill, because they have one of the highest chances to drop a Monarch and come in vast quantities on a single run.