Finding Gems

hophlng

Diabloii.Net Member
Finding Gems

What are the factors that determine finding gems?

Is it affected by the same Magic Find Stats?

I have this tendencies of keeping alot of gems, hoping to get the Horadric Cube to convert them to higher class gems. Is this advisable or am I just plain stupid?
 

XaviarGangrel

Diabloii.Net Member
I dont think theres any surefire way of getting more gems, MF doesnt work on them as far as I know. Just have to try killing lots of monsters. I keep every gem I find and Stash it in ATMA so I can cube up to Perfect Gems, its worth doing, and when you get to Nightmare and beyond Flawless gems drop like raindrops ;)
 

*PoTaTo FuI*

Diabloii.Net Member
hophlng said:
What are the factors that determine finding gems?

Is it affected by the same Magic Find Stats?

I have this tendencies of keeping alot of gems, hoping to get the Horadric Cube to convert them to higher class gems. Is this advisable or am I just plain stupid?
As far as I know I don't think it's affected by MF.

And converting them to the highest class gems (Perfect) is probably the best way to do it. 3 Perfect gems + magical item = new magical item with differ stats. There are some other ones but this one is porbably the most popular one.

-FuI
 

hophlng

Diabloii.Net Member
*PoTaTo FuI* said:
As far as I know I don't think it's affected by MF.

And converting them to the highest class gems (Perfect) is probably the best way to do it. 3 Perfect gems + magical item = new magical item with differ stats. There are some other ones but this one is porbably the most popular one.

-FuI
I am thinking of inserting a perfect Emerald, perfect Sapphire, perfect Ruby and perfect Topaz into a 4 sockets shield. That way I can get +40% on all the resistance. Is that advisable?
 

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
If you have a 4-socket shield you can put 4 perfect diamonds in it . . . do the math on that and you should be pleasantly surprised. :)
 

XaviarGangrel

Diabloii.Net Member
Perfect Diamonds give Res All intead if just one type of damage, 4 pure Diamonds may give you a better Res. However your likely to find better looking for a rare/unique sheild or runeword or somesuch, mabye with a socket or two for diamonds.

edit : ignore me, Durf got there first.. I blame.. well.. him!
 

hophlng

Diabloii.Net Member
DurfBarian said:
If you have a 4-socket shield you can put 4 perfect diamonds in it . . . do the math on that and you should be pleasantly surprised. :)
Yup, you are right, 4 perfect diamonds will give a total of 4 x 19% = 96%. But what are the chances of getting 4 perfect diamonds?
 

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
It'll happen quicker than you think . . . once you get a character into Nightmare and start killing lots of beasts (all those fallen in act 1, for instance) you'll see the flawless gems piling up quite quickly. :)
 

whomhead

Diabloii.Net Member
hophlng said:
Yup, you are right, 4 perfect diamonds will give a total of 4 x 19% = 96%. But what are the chances of getting 4 perfect diamonds?
not to burst your bubble or nothin' but 4 X 19 = 76% res all. :D

and it really wont take long to get 4 perfect diamonds.
 
Top