Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Finding Entire Sets on your own...and other random sorc questions...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Tyrone, May 27, 2005.

1. Tyrone

Tyrone IncGamers Member

Finding Entire Sets on your own...and other random sorc questions...

I don't know if this is kind of an odd question (stupid?) or what not but I was just wondering...

Have any of you ever found an entire set through just killing things and what not? I get the impression some parts are so rare that the only means of seeing it is through trading.

For example I'm playing sorc and I've only got Tal's belt (which is better than nothing) but I'm looking at the other pieces but jesus how often do Lacquered Plates drop let alone set piece types. Would I have to do hundreds of thousands of Baal/Mephisto (who I'm not even sure drops that kind of stuff) runs in order to find all of it? Not that I wouldn't be up for it but I was just wondering whether these are practical means. Perhaps it would be better to trade but I was just wondering, the feasability of doing it myself. Which would be so much more gratifying.

Also does the Sorc get any special look when wearing Tal's complete set? Or is she just really purple?

Also I did find The Occulus so my luck isn't so bad. I was wondering what everyone thought of the 25% chance of teleport. Personally I think it's just a balancing factor for how over powered the weapon is rather than a perk. I mean there is nothing more annoying that getting stuck in the middle of a pack of Flayers and boucning all over the screen uncontrollably.

2. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

There are people who does self found grail, and almost finished too, so I'd say it's possible. ;)

You get a glow aura when you wear the whole set.

3. XDoomasX

XDoomasX IncGamers Member

Nice glowing look if my memory still works.
    It's realy possible to find all set stuff with sorc, although tals amul might be a problem.Armor can be droped by hell pindel and baal(i think) with nice mf and not bad killing power it's realy not impossible to find all set by your own;)

4. Boulos

Boulos IncGamers Member

I'm not sure about the questions you have regarding sets...since I rarely find that good stuff too.

But in regards to the Oculus. I used one on my lvl 84 Meteorb...before I started over...and I hated the ctc Teleport. I agree that it's there to balance out an otherwise uber weapon. It will save your butt once in a while...but I hate walking by a fire and getting teleported into the middle of a bunch of monsters. In SC it's an annoyance. In HC it's a chance I'd rather not take.

5. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

as with all things in this game, finding specific items is just a matter of killing things repeatedly. Normal sets are pretty easy to complete (except fo the few TC3 pieces and amulets which might take some extra work/luck).

The higher level expansion set items can require a lot of runs to get, but you will eventually. My personal opinion is that sets were invented by Blizz specifically for online gamers where they presumed trading would be going on as it's unlikely a single character, going untwinked through the game will complete even the most basic of sets (remember Blizz specifically does not support muling)

BTW, a complete Tal's set makes you very purple and gives you a glowing aura

6. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Not to brag, but i have all but 1 set item (grizwolds honor) so, yes of course its possible, it just takes time.
    Its pretty much impossible to find a whole set palying untwinked on the same character, but if you use ATMA and twink, most sets should be abtainable using the usual MF sources (nm and hell meph are good for sets). They are just like unqiues, just wear as much MF as possoble and kill monsters with good odds.
    I stopped using my occy because of my 2nd ctc teleport death doing baal runs. I find it very annoying, but if you have a high block rate and stay out of the way of ranged attackers it shouldnt cuase too much trouble (melee shouldnt be a problem, just TP back and your merc will automatically walk in between you and the enemies. with ranged, they'll keep an eye on you often even if your merc is closer i find.), although i would never use it in HC.

7. maxgerin

maxgerin IncGamers Member

Feasibility is not really an issue, but rather time.
    If you have time on your side, don't have anything better to do (but what is really better compared to playing D2? :uhhuh: ), or out of your mind, I assure you, sooner or later you'll complete Tal's set and others along the way. Check the Grail Thread to see proof that it is feasible. :thumbsup:

When you complete Tal's set and equip all the pieces, in addition to being purple, your Sorc will also glow with this certain aura. It does nothing, but "makes your character look unique."

As for the Occy, it is a very nice item, specially for MF and you don't want to switch gears. There are times when Occy saves you from certain death... but of course, there are also times when you are killed by the same. Personally, I haven't experienced any mishap during the short span of time I wore Occy (around 10 or less levels), it actually saved me a couple of times. :)

Good luck on completing the set, and other sets! :thumbsup:

--maxgerin

8. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

My HC Meteorb sorc Dunamis found the entire Tal Rasha's set herself before entering act 2 hell. Amulet dropped somewhere in normal (I think) and the armour dropped clearing the pit for the third time or so. Lucky lady...

9. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Then I think they added the partial set bonuses (one of the things they got so very right in the game!) mostly for us who always play untwinked without repeats.

I have completed (or had the chance to, looking back at the drops) quite a few of the normal sets playing as I do. The fastest has been Cleglaw´s Brace, which I have completed in Normal Great Marsh.

The Sigon´s pieces are so common, you can more or less count on having them before you are past Nightmare. With fighter characters, I´ve used many of the possible 2-combos and 3-combos involving the gloves.