Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Finding annilus?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Phresh, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Phresh

Phresh IncGamers Member

Finding annilus?

Ive just been playin for a few weeks on this new patch...i was wondering what the best way to get Uber D to show up in your game...do you have to do something or is it completely luck...cause i have noticed alot of my friends have the charm like its not hard to get...and wuts up with the "sojs sold to merchant" stuff...just wondering....ty

2. Macron

Macron IncGamers Member

People generally think that the counter indicates when the Dclone will appear. However, I was doing some runs last night, and it just happened without warning. The counter never appeared in any game I played yesterday, and I was in the middle of killing a boss when I saw "Diablo walks the earth".

3. Bunnz

Bunnz IncGamers Member

Selling SOJ is the only way to get D.Clone to appear in your games.

However. You do not have to sell them yourself. They don't even need to be the same "type" as your character. (ladder, hc, sc etc)

Each individual (physically seperate) server on battle.net runs an independant counter of SOJ sold. Once this reaches a certain mark, every Hell game currently hosted on that physical server will spawn D.Clone.

Sometimes, you mightn't even see a SOJ counter increment before D.Clone spawns. Thats just your good luck.

There are various IRC channels and webpages that track which servers have active SOJ counter increments. To keep things interesting however, there is no way to choose which physical server within a realm you connect to.

As I now play exclusively Hardcore, I've found almost all of my Anni charms by trading my no longer used Softcore equipment for SOJ and then selling those SOJ to force a D.Clone to spawn.

Works a treat.

With my 4 computers at home, 1 used for selling, 3 used to be in Hell Hardcore games and an active watch on a webpage for which server is "hottest", i can usually pick up 3 Anni charms for around 10-15 SOJ.

I often coordinate with my group of friends as well. I remember one day going from game to game to game to kill D.Clone, which we had spawned while we were all on the same physical server.

Think we got 8 Anni's in one night from 40 odd SOJ between us.

Its not "easy" to get Anni's, mainly because it requires knowledge, intelligence, cooperation and patience. And sadly, many of those elements are missing from players on Battle.Net.

If you have all 4 of those attributes, Anni's are easy.

If you happen to be on USEast, pm me your account name and I'll check to see if you are online before I do my next run.

Heck, if you are on USEast HC, I'll even help you kill D.clone, as long as I get the choice of which Anni charm to keep. (IE: The one I will already be using, or the new one he drops!).

Cheers

Bunnz

4. Privater

Privater IncGamers Member

The last weeks the new fashion is to make selling games on a server sell sojs make other game on the server and wait for DC to appear.
    I tried it some times but those guys are sitting in a game for hours and thats something i really hate.
    So they find a game where the counter is moving and wait in this game for hours (4-8) for DC to appear .
    If you like this is the safest way to get 2-4 DC per day ..
    Not for me anyway...

Regards

5. Privater

Privater IncGamers Member

Ps you have to hold the game open for long time.
    The best way to do this (without using hacks) is to go to izual(act4 river) and interact with him dont touch anything and the game stays open for a long time dont test how much but at least 2-4 hours