Finding annihilus charm ???

xxsteelxx

Diabloii.Net Member
Finding annihilus charm ???

Could some one plz let me in on the secret? I see posts in the trade forum where people have piles of these charms. I mf in hell every night for hours and i have never once run into Dclone. I dont even want piles...just one lol
thx
 

WingBlade

Diabloii.Net Member
The only secret is finding the correct game that has the SOJ counter being "hot"...

Even in a "hot" game it can be ne where from 5 min to 3 hours or more b4 DC shows up.
 

xxsteelxx

Diabloii.Net Member
WingBlade said:
The only secret is finding the correct game that has the SOJ counter being "hot"...

Even in a "hot" game it can be ne where from 5 min to 3 hours or more b4 DC shows up.
so when i find a game with an active counter..i should just park and wait. If i wait there long enough is he guaranteed to show or is it still just luck that he will come at all.

Also i was wonderin if u think my char could solo him safely.

89 zon
maxed charged strike with maxed synergies.
1250 life 25% dr 50% block atm (100 skill points saved lol )
Max all resists + dwarf star

might merc w/1800 life max resists 10% dr 4k damage

I was thinkin of using the shenk trick but thats kinda cheap and i want to try taking him. I would prob just try running up to him and use charged strike.
Do u think this build could handle him ? Ill prob get some tgods aswell.

thx 4 the help
 

xxsteelxx

Diabloii.Net Member
Mcsaladshaker said:
Command prompt (only used by freaks (sorry if I offended anyone *cough* seph *Cough) who want 80+ annihilus)
sorry if i sound like a newb but what do u mean by using command promt ? sorry to sound like a noob lol :)
 

Prez

Diabloii.Net Member
Dclone has 95% resistance to all elemental dmg...so charged strike will barely scratch him unless u use a lower resist wand on switch.

His lightening hose attack and his firestorm attack are brutal. The lightening hose is 1/2 physical dmg and 1/2 lightening dmg, so some light absorb is crucial. Tgod works well here. To counter the fire strorm and armegedeon attacks u might think about 2 dwarfstars.

He also has a nasty cold attack that will chill u, so having cbf is nice to avoid the freeze.

Otherwise the rest of your build looks good enough to take him assuming u have a full stash of juvs and lots of money for recharges on a lower resist wand. :)

Prez
 

WingBlade

Diabloii.Net Member
Prez said:
Dclone has 95% resistance to all elemental dmg...so charged strike will barely scratch him unless u use a lower resist wand on switch.

His lightening hose attack and his firestorm attack are brutal. The lightening hose is 1/2 physical dmg and 1/2 lightening dmg, so some light absorb is crucial. Tgod works well here. To counter the fire strorm and armegedeon attacks u might think about 2 dwarfstars.

He also has a nasty cold attack that will chill u, so having cbf is nice to avoid the freeze.

Otherwise the rest of your build looks good enough to take him assuming u have a full belt of juvs and lots of money for recharges on a lower resist wand. :)

Prez
Aside from what Prez has stated... it always helps if u can call on back-up to help u defeat that Giant Lizard. There are times when u can have it just by the brink of death... then u will either run out of juvs / mana / or something and that he will try to heal himself, it would also help if u have "prevent monster heal" gear.
 

WingBlade

Diabloii.Net Member
xxsteelxx said:
sorry if i sound like a newb but what do u mean by using command promt ? sorry to sound like a noob lol :)
It's called IP scanning. U use the DOS prompt to scan which IP your currently on... every time u create a new game - your the game IP changes.
 

Prez

Diabloii.Net Member
Specifically:
Go to the start menu and select "run"
Type "cmd", this will open a command prompt window
Type "netstat -n" at the command prompt

This will show all of your active internet connections. Locate the one that looks like this...:
63.240.202.71.4000

In this example the "71" represents the specific server that you are playing on and will change from game-to-game. Since the world event is server specific, any soj selling on that server will show in all games and if dclone is spawned, he will spawn in all nm/hell games on that server. Only in Hell games can u get the charm.

This is useful if u are playing in a norm/nm game and see selling, chk the server and then start making games/chking until u get a hell game on that server. Friends in other games can also let u know if they have selling in their games and the game server so u can try and make games on that server.

As far as people with 80 charms, well...lets just say that there are "bots" that can locate servers with active selling... :(

Prez
 

Stimm

Diabloii.Net Member
xxsteelxx said:
so when i find a game with an active counter..i should just park and wait. If i wait there long enough is he guaranteed to show or is it still just luck that he will come at all.

Also i was wonderin if u think my char could solo him safely.

89 zon
maxed charged strike with maxed synergies.
1250 life 25% dr 50% block atm (100 skill points saved lol )
Max all resists + dwarf star

might merc w/1800 life max resists 10% dr 4k damage

I was thinkin of using the shenk trick but thats kinda cheap and i want to try taking him. I would prob just try running up to him and use charged strike.
Do u think this build could handle him ? Ill prob get some tgods aswell.

thx 4 the help
Shenk trick was patched long ago. Not many chars can solo him, your best bet is necro barb and sorc combo.
 

Pugnare

Diabloii.Net Member
I soloed him ez on my cold sorc, jsut brought in my barb to bo, then staticed and orbed away. Took about 2 minutes.
 

MoUsE_WiZ

Diabloii.Net Member
With a wand of lower resist any elemental character should be able to do him fine.
You used to be able to check b.net forums for which servers people were planning on selling SOJs on, but not any more. I think they've migrated to some forums somewhere else, but I'm not sure where that new place would be...
If anyone knows feel free to let me know =)
 

minion

Diabloii.Net Member
Prez said:
Specifically:
Go to the start menu and select "run"
Type "cmd", this will open a command prompt window
Type "netstat -n" at the command prompt

This will show all of your active internet connections. Locate the one that looks like this...:
63.240.202.71.4000[/]


Prez


valid ip's max is 225 so 240 wouldnt be valid - unless you intended to do that
:teeth:
 

Squatdog

Diabloii.Net Member
I took D Clone down fairly easy with my Fury Druid.

My Merc had Reapers Toll(decrepify) and Blackhorns Face(Monster Heal and slow) while my Druid had a 292ED Upgraded Ribcracker(50% Crushing Blow) and Laying of Hands(350% Damage to Demons).

I started by clearing the area of other monsters, but left a few to charge up[ Feral Rage on. Once I established myself alternating Fury and Feral, it was pretty easy. I could stand in front of his lightning hose without taking damage(massive life leech) and D was slowed to hell from Decrepify and Blackhorns 'slow'.

I traded the Annilus with one of my mates, thinking "gee that was easy, I'll get one for myself next time.". Unfortunately, my Druid got killed a week later by a lousy FE Lister in Hell...
 

kurg

Diabloii.Net Member
xxsteelxx said:
btw..if anyone has a lower resists wand id love to trade 4 one :)
They're a dime a dozen, just shop for them at malah in act5. I forget if anya sells em too.

I saw my first dclone last night, when a friend messaged me that he could spawn in his (pub) game. We tried the eld/shenk trick ... ooops.

Anyway, I wish I had known the shenk trick was patched, it sure didn't work for us. Act 1 woulda been a lot easier place to spawn him, not to mention I have more chars in act 1 (including a pally w/conviction).

Anyway, some other pubbers showed up, and one of them 'stole' the charm of course. I was gonna give it to the guy who started the game at least.
 

Prez

Diabloii.Net Member
Minion - That was a valid IP from a game that I was in at the time I wrote the post. It was off the East Realm...IPs might change from realm-to-realm. The 4000 extension should stay the same, so it'll be easy to spot.

Also the best place for LR wands is Drognan in act 2. Just make a game where the gate is right next to him, chk for what u need, run out the gate/back in, chk again, rinse and repeat...

Prez
 

xxsteelxx

Diabloii.Net Member
Prez said:
Minion - That was a valid IP from a game that I was in at the time I wrote the post. It was off the East Realm...IPs might change from realm-to-realm. The 4000 extension should stay the same, so it'll be easy to spot.

Also the best place for LR wands is Drognan in act 2. Just make a game where the gate is right next to him, chk for what u need, run out the gate/back in, chk again, rinse and repeat...

Prez
i just found a wand :) thx 4 all the help
 

MoUsE_WiZ

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah...63.240.202.xxx:4000 is valid...um did you mean 255 is the max by chance?
I don't understand why people bother typing the -n, except for MSNM all the IPs on my list are in numerical form without it.
 
Top