Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Finding Andy

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by ogz, Mar 16, 2004.

1. ogz

ogz IncGamers Member

Finding Andy

Any tips on how to hunt for cat3 then cat4 entrances?

From WP to cat3, it seems going anticlockwise is the way

But then usually in Cat3 start, you're in the middle of the map, and I have no idea which way to go..

2. Talon0835

Talon0835 IncGamers Member

Most of the time it tends to be the top left side for me for the Cat 4 entrance. Sometimes it's bottom right.

Btw...I believe it's counterclockwise. ^__^

3. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Hmm quite the same here.
    What i do:
    From the Cat2 WP i go clockwise.
    From entrance Cat3 i go straight up and left. Or if straight up is not possible i zig-zag up/left.

This works fast usually. Sometimes i end up runnign the whole lvl.

4. kuza

kuza IncGamers Member

Meph is soo much easier to find. I'm starting to hate andy runs, heh

5. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

I just teleport around until I find it - doesn't take that long.

6. FanMan

FanMan IncGamers Member

I tend to go counter from wp and then clock for lvl3 to 4. Dunno, it's just a way to systemize the run, no real way to have a fool-proof plan. And it's much easier than meph imo. The monsters don't hit nearly as hard and no dolls :-D

Plus, hell meph hates me, never drops anything good :(

7. igorpotapov

igorpotapov Banned

Most times the entrance lay in a corner of the map. Go and check all four corners. With the 9 frames teleport it isn’t a problem at all. May be only young sorc can have any problems with it.
    And Durance of Hate is MUCH bigger then Catacombs IMHO, but still isn’t a problem.

8. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Yup, mostly in 1 of the 4 corners, sometimes somewhere in the middle of the map, but thats a very rare occasion.

9. ogz

ogz IncGamers Member

the thing is i can't teleport nonstop like some of u, since im playing in 300+ping..

if i hold my right mouse down what it does is 2 teleports to hte same location, then 3rd is next location, 4th is the same location as 3rd etc...

anyway i prefer andy to meph as there's not dolls in andy :)

its weird how u guys keep mentioning top left as cat4 entrance, since ive mostly found them at top, right or bottom

10. sorc4ever

sorc4ever IncGamers Member

ogz - i have 300 ping (spikes to 500 alot also) and I have no problems teleporting with just the 63fcr breakpoint. I can telebaal in 8player games no problems also. Perhaps you just need to refine your teleporting technique a little....

this might help: I focus on the overview map only - i use that to tele not look at he monsters/walls etc. I dont hold teleport but rather get in a rythem that I can only describe as i kinda click a split second before i arrive. I pick my next location on the map and use the mouse to aim there. Just takes a bit of praccy. I try to stay near but not exactly in the middle which is not advised but when laggnig if you have the mouse over a wall you will end up dead. I zig zag the mouse a little to make sure it dont hover over a chest etc.

I keep a few rejuves and put up frozen armour always and always take my merc (duno y but seems easier if i ever hit a pack he usually takes the hit and holy freezes em and i seem to get giong better when hes around)

11. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

ogz: there was a guide on how to play a pvp sorc on a 56k modem. that was the first place i read the 'getting the rhythm of the teleport' thing. it works.

although, i am pretty sure sorc4ever is using superior gear. i know i couldn't telebaal and i have a LAN connection.