Finding acc name if you just know charname?

Freeloo

Diabloii.Net Member
Finding acc name if you just know charname?

I just created a new diablo account with one mule that i transferred some quite valuable items to but after I finished muling, the game crashed with some error when I tried to quit. In the Diablo II crashreports, I can see my charactername but not the accountname (which I don't remember either).

Is it possible to find what my accountname was?

distancepieman

Diabloii.Net Member
Freeloo said:
I just created a new diablo account with one mule that i transferred some quite valuable items to but after I finished muling, the game crashed with some error when I tried to quit. In the Diablo II crashreports, I can see my charactername but not the accountname (which I don't remember either).

Is it possible to find what my accountname was?
Crash report? New to me, but eh, don't claim to know everything. When you created it did you tie it to your e-mail? I've only heard of doing password recovery that way, but perhaps you could get them to send you the account name instead if you already knew the password.

I tend to write my new accounts down at least until I've used it fairly frequently. But I've only got 4 to keep track of. I have known of people with a dozen or more. Crazy pack rats...

Good luck though, and let me be the first to welcome you to the forums. Read the rules and all, and I'm sure you'll get along fine.

~Bails

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
go to your save folder under d2 in your program files. Click your realm and it either gives you the char name or your account name. (I forgot) Hope that helps.

Freeloo

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah I made up a new accountname really quick cause I had to enter a game fast, and well, I totally forgot what it was...

The save dir only has charnames :(

And yes you have to be online to whois :\

Any other ideas?

distancepieman

Diabloii.Net Member
druliusCleaver said:
make a new account, then do /whois...
That only works for active accounts. For an account that isn't logged on, you will just receive a "that character is not logged in" or some such message.

~Bails

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
Did you try regressive hypnosis and/or memory pills :lol: ?!

No seriously, unless you remember your account name and password, I fear your stuff is gone forever (You still have 10 days to remember before the character expires, unless you permed it) :(...

The /who and /whois commands are good ideas but the char needs to be logged in... I can't see any other solutions right now... Still searching :scratch:...

front243

Diabloii.Net Member
Have you logged into battlenet after the incident?

It might still have stored your login name from your previous session, if you start diablo 2.