Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Find Item Question

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by acmurphree, Apr 11, 2008.

1. acmurphree

acmurphree IncGamers Member

Find Item Question

I recently turned my frenzy barb into a mf demon. I decided to have 2 hear carvers on wpn swap which gives me 49% chance of double drops at around lvl 16 find item. So here's the question. I make the kill w/ frenzy, and when I swap wpns, the bodies of the superuniques such as andy and meph aren't there. I can make a kill and swap and use find item on lower monsters such as carvers. I do not have any hard points in find item yet. Could this be a factor? Also, does this skill even work on countess, andy, and meph? The last question is there a possibility of getting double keys from the 3? Double organs? Double torches? Has anyone else tried this?

2. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

Re: Find Item Question

Act Bosses don't leave usable corpses no.

3. acmurphree

acmurphree IncGamers Member

So When would this skill be effective? If it is at all.

4. droog

droog IncGamers Member

travincial is a good place, or the champion and unique monsters in the pit or any other good mf spot.

it is effective, but putting a point in it so you can use 2 alibabas on switch makes it alot better.

5. Forbiddian

Forbiddian IncGamers Member

2 Alibabas... or 2x +3 WC Weapons.

2 hard points for 180 mf/400 goldfind or +18% hps (among other bonuses).... Either way, worth the hard point if you're going to Hork anything up.

6. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Heart Carvers are only more useful than other gear if you don't have points into corpse cries - whether hard or from a helm, since there are precious few items which give specific Barbarian bonuses. While they're excellent if that's the case, they take away resistances, defense, better-item bonuses, and skills to abilities gained from other equipment. That means switching to them is wise only when danger is no longer present, making 'horking' difficult during Baal runs. They're cheap, but be careful when you use them - you can miss an errant Heirophant in Travincal and get Blizzard-slapped.

Also, I've found Frenziers to be ideal for boss killing, not horking the common monster. Lack of mana, danger stated above, and the loss of speed benefits gained during combat really make it suited to run like a maniac down to Mephisto, hitting an occasional monster to keep the speed up without risking much damage taken, and slivering him before jumping through a portal and changing all my gear to insanely high Better Items only to let the hireling get the kill - this assuming he, too, is regeared and capable of doing the job.

Otherwise, I'd suggest the only Barb designed with high cast rate in mind to fondle the recently deceased fast enough to make it look like it's raining gold: criers.