Find Item Barb?

tmd turka

Diabloii.Net Member
Find Item Barb?

Is there a build that centers around the skill Find Item? I looked one up on a different site but it relys heavily on a merc to do damage. I need a build that can put out a decent amount of damage, have good mf, and have a maxed find item.

If it turns out that you can make a barb for finding gold and one for finding items then I will just make both. One is heavy on the Lems and the other heavy on the MF.

I just want to be able to kill things without relying on a merc.

Thanks for the help

tmd turka

Diabloii.Net Member
Would this build be Viable?
Find Item-Max
BO-Max
Shout-Max
Berserk-Max
Howl-Rest
Nat Resists-5

This build might allow me to kill the council with just alibabas sword due to the high magic damage. Howl would be a nice tool to keep me from being surrounded. Maybe one point into a Mastery but Im not sure if it would really be worth it. I want him to be an effective Horker (I think thats the term). Please let me know your thoughts on this build and send me a guide if you know of a better one.

Thanks for the help

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
You don't need to max it, because it's got a diminishing returns formula.

My best guess would be that you could make a Frenzy Barb, just throw a couple of points into Find Item and you'll be set. A great option is a Frenzyer with dual Runemasters, one with Shaels to get to a decent speed, then the rest socketed with Ists/Lems. Or you could have 2 upped Ali Baba's, both socketed with Ists/Lems.

You can get heaps of gold by selling the 35k items you find. Just You just got to know what will sell for 35k before you pick it up.

tmd turka

Diabloii.Net Member
You don't need to max it, because it's got a diminishing returns formula.

My best guess would be that you could make a Frenzy Barb, just throw a couple of points into Find Item and you'll be set. A great option is a Frenzyer with dual Runemasters, one with Shaels to get to a decent speed, then the rest socketed with Ists/Lems. Or you could have 2 upped Ali Baba's, both socketed with Ists/Lems.

You can get heaps of gold by selling the 35k items you find. Just You just got to know what will sell for 35k before you pick it up.
Thank you so much for the reply.

I was thinking about a Frenzy Barb since making a pure gold find barb limits my options on where to hunt items. Could you recomend more gear for this build? I would really appreciate it.

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member
Eilo's right in that Frenzy is probably the best skill to combine with Find Item because it's the build that allows for the best MFing. Grey Ghost has a great guide posted somewhere on here, but I'll give you a rundown of how I make mine.

As a quick note, I use swords instead of axes for this build because I use dual Ali Babas on the switch. Axes are better statistically and should be used if you aren't locked into using Babas, but swords are what I use.

Helm: Stealskull w/ PTopaz
Amulet: Rare w/ +2 Skills/LL/MF
Armor: Enigma
Weapon 1: eBotD in Colossus Blade
Weapon 2: eDeath in Colossus Blade
Switch Weapon 1: Ali Baba w/ Dual Ist
Switch Weapon 2: Ali Baba w/ Dual Ist
Gloves: Laying of Hands
Belt: String of Ears
Boots: War Travs
Ring 1: Raven Frost
Ring 2: Crafted w/ LL/Resists/MF

And of course Gheeds, BTorch and Anni in the stash.

With the gear I described, you'd only need to put 5-7 points into Find Item for it to be effective, and then you can go back through your areas and hork any corpses that you find.

Any more questions, feel free to post them.

tmd turka

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks so much for the info.:grin:

I was wondering would this build work with lesser runewords/items? For example Kingslayer, Oath,Cresent Moon, Rune Master, etc...

I think I will go the axe route but thats just based on personel preference. I can't give him an enigma but I think skulders will do. I will look at Grey Ghosts guide some more and hopfulyy it will also answer more of my questions.

I normally just make WW barbs but I suppose im overdue for frenzy.

Thanks Again.

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member
You could easily run this for a while with Doombringer x2 (which costs about 10 PGems total) and take care of the Countess and Pit to build up items and XP. That's on the sword route, but it should still apply with a relative axe build.

-Tempus-

Diabloii.Net Member
Thank you so much for the reply.

I was thinking about a Frenzy Barb since making a pure gold find barb limits my options on where to hunt items.
what makes you think that about a goldfind build or the items used for one?

-tempus-

ispankpigeons

Diabloii.Net Member
as for where to hunt: hell travincal in 8 player games.

about the best place in the game for unqiue, set and rare rings and amulets.

also you'll get hundreds of thousands of gold per run just from whats on the ground, plus more if you pick up and sell the items that drop.

its kinda like killing 10 different mephistos, then popping 10 mephistos corpses.

the returns are amazing.

tmd turka

Diabloii.Net Member
as for where to hunt: hell travincal in 8 player games.

about the best place in the game for unqiue, set and rare rings and amulets.

also you'll get hundreds of thousands of gold per run just from whats on the ground, plus more if you pick up and sell the items that drop.

its kinda like killing 10 different mephistos, then popping 10 mephistos corpses.

the returns are amazing.
Where should my MF/Find Item barb hunt to get the equivalent of 10 mephisto corpses?

This is a really productive thread and im very glad to get all this help.

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member
ispankpigeons is saying that you should do Hell Council runs (Travincal Waypoint in Act 3) with your Find Item Barb, and I'm inclined to agree. Lots of gold, drops nearly every item in the game, fairly easy for a well designed Frenzy Barb too.

I'm also a fan of going through the Ancients Way and Glacial Trail in Act 5, especially if you're still trying to level your character. Lots of XP, super unique monsters and a chest or two, depending on which level you're doing.

TehJefe

Diabloii.Net Member
Okay so I actually can speak from experience:
With a gold find setup (Wealth rune word, 2double lemmed and upd alibabas, Crown of theives, 2xDwarfstars, chancies etc, ) Frenzy is NOT enough to kill Hell High Council in my own private games, I wouldnt dream of trying it in an 8 player game.
I think I could have a chance at pullling it off if I had good enough swords to do some actual damage and to lvl up my merc (he stopped leveling at like 60 and just dies too fast to be useful)
So my question is this: What should I go with for swords? Not axes cause I already maxed sword mastery and the most effective option on a budget of 6 hr. (thats all I got)

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member
Use something simple as your main weapons and put the Ali Babas on the switch for your horking. Dual eBotDs would work fine.

sirwhere

Diabloii.Net Member
You can also try and drop chanceguards gloves for laying. You lose some extra gold but sure spank the council much harder.. lol.

tmd turka

Diabloii.Net Member
Right now my barb is in nightmare with the following gear

Sigons Helm
Sigons GLoves
Sigons Belt
Sigons Boots
Rattle Cage
Nozakun Relic
Cathans
Nagel
Strength War Axe
Cold Killl

Not the best gear but I get some IAS 50%CB and some resists.

tmd turka

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow does Frenzy Blow. My damage is so unimpressive I wonder why I even made this barb. I guess if you dont have great gear this is a horrible build. I could easily be doing double the damage with a Zeal Paladin. Lesson learned frenzy is not for the untwinked.

Sigh time to restart again and make a Zealot.

-Tempus-

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow does Frenzy Blow. My damage is so unimpressive I wonder why I even made this barb. I guess if you dont have great gear this is a horrible build. I could easily be doing double the damage with a Zeal Paladin. Lesson learned frenzy is not for the untwinked.

Sigh time to restart again and make a Zealot.
the 2 big reasons why i dont like frenzy on an mf/gf barb is you need 2 very good weapons that have all the ias/dmg for the attack. then how many points to use in frenzy/mastery and all the skills that add to frenzy. thats too many for me since i always want to max the FI skill.

going with a ww build with any mastery or a conc build works best since they both take less points to get good dmg and with max BO you get nice dmg with even lev 1 conc.

if you still want to make the FI barb remake him to use ww.
max mastery (leave at zero untill you know your end game weapon class)
max bo
max ww
max FI
rest of the poinst you can play with

going with a polearm is easy since there are so many you can find or make. going with sword also works well if you want to use ali's for the last hit. just remember to use a might merc for added dmg, if you do all the killing or not.

and remember you can still shop for magic cruel/something weapons that work for a long time. a cruel bec can be used at lev 43 and have +300 dmg

-Tempus-

tmd turka

Diabloii.Net Member
yeah a ww barb or a conc barb or even a berserk barb would of produced better damage then this POS. Frenzy is for the rich.

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member
That's so far off it's not even close.

Weapon 1: Low eBotD (2 HRs)
Weapon 2: Low eBotD (2 HRs)
Switch Weapon 1: Ali Baba (PGems)
Switch Weapon 2: Ali Baba (PGems)
Helm: Stealskull (PGems)
Ammy: Rare/Crafted (easily self-found)
Gloves: Laying of Hands (PGems)
Belt: String of Ears (PGems)
Boots: War Travs (1 HR for decent pair)
Charms: Torch and Anni is used for every build, Gheed's is PGems

All Values Are Based on USEast Economy

That's 5 HRs and some PGems for gear that will let you run most of Hell with no problem. Spend a little more and you can run all of it and solo in 8-Player games. That's not expensive in the least.

-Tempus-

Diabloii.Net Member
Croup: did you look at what tmd turka is using on the barb now? do you think someone with 5 or more high runes wouldnt have some end game weapons to use.

its not like legit ebotd or Enigma grow on trees. for most people they will never use those items and its kind of silly to say they are the only items that work for most builds.

tmd turka:
if you dont want to remake the barb you can always save him like he is untill you find/make some new weapons. or you can just do NM high council runs, a might merc can kill them with junk items and your barb could also kill them without godly items.

-Tempus-