Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Finally...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Pucho, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Pucho

Pucho Banned

Finally...

Finally....
    I have internet connection at home :clap:
    right now I'm struggling with a crappy modem that connects at 24-35k, but hopefully I'll change it soon.
    well, seems like I'll be able to do some MP and maybe my firsts duels.
    So, can anybody point me the direction of an easy-to-make PvP build, I really dont have godly gear in SC(maybe start trading?)so my idea is a low lvl build that dont *need* ultra-uber equipment, after all, it's just for fun :)
    thanks!

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

well, at such a slow connection (i have 56k and mine lags alot in big battles) youll find dueling difficult. don do baal runs at all on mp. when i do mine, if theres a fishy or LFzon or some very graphic intensive skills then i go down to 2fps or even 1fps, and my Pc is quite good.
    however, congrats on the internet, i hope you find it fun.

3. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

:thumbsup:

Maybe the connection you now have is too slow for nice MP, but you can get new one in future

4. Pucho

Pucho Banned

well, the problem isn't the connection, its the modem. I've tested the same conection with other modem and I've connected at 50-52k, hopefully I'll change the modem in a few weeks so I'll have the mighty power of dial up :yawn:
    that leads to another question: dial up isn't good for MP at all? or just now that I have a slow connection?
    as for the PvP question, I'm open to any build between lvl 12-30 (thats lld right?) but with some equipment restrictions (obviously) I don't expect a killer build, as I've never played PvP before(I know that I will lose, thats my point:))

5. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Your connection can be used for playing, it won't be superior but it will work :) l wouldn't recommend hosting games with it though. My brother has 56k dial-up modem and I have played in a game hosted by him many times. It wasn't too laggy imo, but most of us here live in different country than you, so the distance will make it laggy (im not sure if I know the thing im talking about right now :p)

But if you see interesting game on MP thread or dueling thread (after you have you PvP build done) feel free to connect and try, then you will know for sure how it will work

Too bad I can't give any advice on PvP builds, im not familiar with that aspect of this game :(