Finally Starseed got his comeuppance..

Starseed

Diabloii.Net Member
Finally Starseed got his comeuppance..

Well, I was about to quit my Hammerdin today because of my lousy FCR but (insane props to Wolv) I managed to correct that problem. :)

So finally I get to do what all you people talk about like the pit and, you know, Hell Act 1 without dying a thousand times. I even managed to *gasp* level up and I found a few nifty items (though nothing in the pit.. just in cold plains & black marsh)..

Anyway, yeah.. actually being able to -do things- in the game kinda puts it in a whole new perspective for me, heh...

Now to just actually, erm.. beat Act 1.. and stuff..

:scratch:

Faye

Diabloii.Net Member
Shouldn't be too hard with a Hammerdin.

Although, I cannot see how you actually hit things with the revolving hammer :confused:

Starseed

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey, I don't question the acid-trip induced physics of D2.. I just enjoy watching things go splat. ;)

Wolv

Diabloii.Net Member
Glad to help :thumbsup:

Enjoy the splatterfest...just remember to clean yerself up a bit before presenting yerself before Charsi...

Starseed

Diabloii.Net Member
Nah, that's my barb..

Just gotta make sure I wipe the excess guts off my Hammerdin before he talks to Farah. ;)

daskidude

Banned
Faye said:
Shouldn't be too hard with a Hammerdin.

Although, I cannot see how you actually hit things with the revolving hammer :confused:
so true. i have a semi-hammerdin (uses zeal alot too) such a pain to hit stuff. just use zeal then

Starseed

Diabloii.Net Member
The only problem I really have with my hammerdin is getting his momentum going. One I have about 9 or so hammers going around, it's not bad. Whatever I don't hit, I just run back (or into the crowd), and recast and viola.

I've actually been learning a lot about playing them, and for the way a lot of people talk about them, they're not just mindless caster/kill type characters. I actually need to pace myself somewhat when doing certain areas (anything with narrow corridors or pillars to block my hammers is a pain) but he's definitely going above and beyond what any of my previous chars. could have done in Hell. :)

Jak

Diabloii.Net Member
Confusing thread title...

Hate to point this out, but 'comeuppance' actually means the opposite of what you posted.

As an example, let us say a cat burglar is merrily burgling some homes. His comeuppance occurs when the police arrest him and throw him in gaol (jail for the Americans among us :uhhuh: )

Starseed

Diabloii.Net Member
I know.. just makes me think of the episode of The Simpsons where Homer is the newspaper critic.. ;)

"HOMER J. SIMPSON WILL HAVE HIS COMEUPPANCE! COME-UP-PANCE!"

rofl..

And I did.. in the correct term.. during my recent fight against DC. :p