Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Finally I look like a vampire!!

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by sexyfool, Mar 19, 2004.

1. sexyfool

sexyfool IncGamers Member

Finally I look like a vampire!!

Yes, I sold my immortal soul and bought the last pieces of trangs set. For those of us who cannot yet afford the runes required for godly new runeword armours the new 1.10 set bonuses are great. I never thought I would say 1k fire wall damage is godly but when u have 11 skels eating em, thorns merc poking em, clay golem slowing em all down fw and amp are enough for almost any monster combo.

I have four guardian characters. A trapper, a bo/conc baba, a fire/light hybrid sorc and an ele druid. Out of all the builds my new trangs summoner is by far the most well rounded at lvl 65. Only the ele druid is tougher and then only at 75 when aldurs armour could be equipped.

As I have maxed sm/rs and placed 1 pt in revives and pre reqs there is a decent pack for any place except of course the maggot lair...(shudders). I have a pt in amp, decrep and its pre reqs and 1 pt in dim vision. Man that dim vision is a godsend. If you check carefully the only monster types that trangs leaves u open to is cursed archers. Only 60% block means dim vision has and will save my bony butt more than once. I run with aldurs boots for a total of 80% fw/r and this baby goes like an assy on speed!

All round a really fun set to play with and one I recommend just for the laughs let alone the great mods. I play hcl so instead of pumping pn as planned I put 1 pt in bone shield and pumped bone wall for the synergy. The math is funny, 1 pt in bone shield gets 10 absorb but a pt in bone prison or wall gets u 15....

Anyone run pindle with a trangs summoner? I kinda thought raise the outer pack of corpses or ce them then cast bw in the doorway, throw clay golem into pindles pack and fw em from the safety of my bone wall barrier. Is there a better way to do this? As trangs gives me max all res except light i have 2 rings,ammy,boots and w switch for mf gear before i start on the mf charms. Not gonna be a 450 plus but with a second trangs head on switch to keep the set bonuses and an ali on switch I can get 210 with ptopaz in armour and helm,average nagels and rare mf boots. 250 with decent gear and say 350 with charms.....

Any ideas or suggestions here??

I forgot to mention I have 50% crushing blow gear for merc when he hits 81 so with a skulders on him or even a ptopaz gris armour and p topaz in the guillames face I have another 100 mf if he pokes pindle.

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

The only thing I could recommend is a Might Merc instead of a Thorns.

3. sexyfool

sexyfool IncGamers Member

Used might merc previously but as amp reduces phys immunity to zero the high lvl thorns is terrific with 11 skels and various revives. Friend of mine with similar number of skels and might merc kills far more slowly in Hell than I do.

4. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Since Amp reduces PR by 100% and Pindle and his minions have a lot of PR, I assumend Might would prove more effective.

5. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

thorns doesn't help you at all with the elemental attacks, and perhaps your friend is killing slower because of his gear? I've tested with both mercs and might by far kills faster now. If thorns is making kills than your skellies aren't killing fast enough ;)...or if we're talking about hell, they aren't killing fast at all.