Finally a good weapon..i think =PP

rayschaller

Diabloii.Net Member
Finally a good weapon..i think =PP

Hey there got a Werebear druid using grizzly level 30 jsut tonight and picked up this maul

Bonesnap maul
114-163
fire res 30
cold res 30
Crushing blow 40%..

Now it's a slower weapon but u all consider it prett good for my level and what major weapon should i upgrade too in nightmare diff?

moslty got pts in werebear,lyth,dire wolves ,and grizzly

oh and is crushing blow at 40% make a pretty good difference?

Thanks in advance for replies!!

eLight

Diabloii.Net Member
I would use Ribcracker over bonesnap anyday, no question about it. Try to get a Ribcracker instead. You can get one for a few PGs imo.

jake007

Diabloii.Net Member
definitely a ribcracker, it's one of the coolest weapon around.

Upgrade it then add 15%IAS Jewel + ED or just put a shael in it.

rayschaller

Diabloii.Net Member
jake007 said:

Sorry been playing d2 about a month now..can u help me out with what u mean by upgrading it and adding a shael??

Also what Diff meph or bhaal do i need to go for to get this ribcracker??

Thanks for the great help though

Also i only play single player if makes a difference.

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
If you have a Ribcracker (it's an exceptional unique...there are 3 different item classes normal/exceptional/elite) you can upgrade it to elite status. This means that the weapon retains it's special abilities and gets its damage boosted because it becomes an elite weapon.

This is the upgrade recipee although if you have only played a month you probably don't have the necessary ingredients:(

Lum Rune + 1 Pul Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Exceptional Unique Weapon = Elite Version of Weapon (Ladder Only)

Adding a Shael rune to an upgraded Ribcracker is a very good idea, because you will attack much faster. A Shael rune adds 20% Increased Attack Speed which is very nice. When you complete a quest in act 5 Larzuk will add a socket to one of your weapons, after you have socketed your weapon you can put a Shael rune in that socket.

I don't think normal Mephisto can drop a Ribcracker but I think normal Bhaal can, so that may be the easiest place to get one...Since you are single player you can't easily trade stuff for a few perfect gems like they do on Battle-net but you could try visiting the Single Player forum and trade for one there, or maybe people will just give you one, they aren't exactly rare. Just keep in my mind that whatever item you receive could be an illegitimate item.

Edit: Check out the Arreat Summit it has loads of useful information:)

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml

rayschaller

Diabloii.Net Member
Chimaira said:
If you have a Ribcracker (it's an exceptional unique...there are 3 different item classes normal/exceptional/elite) you can upgrade it to elite status. This means that the weapon retains it's special abilities and gets its damage boosted because it becomes an elite weapon.

This is the upgrade recipee although if you have only played a month you probably don't have the necessary ingredients:(

Lum Rune + 1 Pul Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Exceptional Unique Weapon = Elite Version of Weapon (Ladder Only)

Adding a Shael rune to an upgraded Ribcracker is a very good idea, because you will attack much faster. A Shael rune adds 20% Increased Attack Speed which is very nice. When you complete a quest in act 5 Larzuk will add a socket to one of your weapons, after you have socketed your weapon you can put a Shael rune in that socket.

I don't think normal Mephisto can drop a Ribcracker but I think normal Bhaal can, so that may be the easiest place to get one...Since you are single player you can't easily trade stuff for a few perfect gems like they do on Battle-net but you could try visiting the Single Player forum and trade for one there, or maybe people will just give you one, they aren't exactly rare. Just keep in my mind that whatever item you receive could be an illegitimate item.

Edit: Check out the Arreat Summit it has loads of useful information:)

Thanks so much for the info and i'll be sure to give bhaal some lovin

bruthor

Diabloii.Net Member
jake007 said:

Sorry for being a little noobish about this. :lol: What is the upgrading everyone talks about??? I have read a lot but noone tells exactly what they mean. I though that you would only have a non magical elite staff after upgrading it. Is this wrong and do you really get all the bonuses. PS: does the normal uniqe upgrade formulae work the same way. I have never tried, but it would make a revolution to some off my characters...

And one more thing. Werebear,lyth,dire wolves, and grizzly. This is how i would make a 1.09 druid, but (if you do single player) this will suck. What about physical imune, and what the hell do you need the summoning damage for. Dires are the only thing you need for tanking. put some points in HotO/HoW instead. Especially in parties they serve better. And dont forget your maul attack or hunger. If you are going physical, they rock. And consider SHOCKWAVE. It is THE skill for pvm. If you are pvp dont listen to me at all :uhhuh:

jake007

Diabloii.Net Member
Sorry for being a little noobish about this. What is the upgrading everyone talks about??? I have read a lot but noone tells exactly what they mean. I though that you would only have a non magical elite staff after upgrading it. Is this wrong and do you really get all the bonuses. PS: does the normal uniqe upgrade formulae work the same way. I have never tried, but it would make a revolution to some off my characters...
Use horadric cube + specific runes / pgems to upgrade unique items from normal to exceptional, and from exceptional to elite.

For example, if you upgrade the ribcracker, it's base is an exceptional staff and upgrade it to elite will upgrade the base to elite but RETAIN IT'S ORIGINAL STATS. This means the ribcracker will have an increase in base damage.
Read:

xpumafangx

Diabloii.Net Member
When you upgrade a weapon or armor you do get all the wonderful bonus. For exp
Ribcracker
Quarterstaff
Two-Hand Damage: (54-62) To (143-169) (98.5-115.5 Avg)
Required Level: 31
Required Strength: 63
Required Dexterity: 35
Durability: 130
Base Weapon Speed: [0]
+200-300% Enhanced Damage(varies)
Adds 30-65 Damage
+50% Damage To Undead
50% Chance Of Crushing Blow
50% Increased Attack Speed
50% Faster Hit Recovery
+100% Enhanced Defense
+100 Defense
+15 To Dexterity
(Only Spawns In Patch 1.09 or later)

Would become

Ribcracker
Stalagmite
Two-Hand Damage: (225-300) To (321-428)
Required Level: 31
Required Strength: 25
Durability: 130
Base Weapon Speed: [10]
+200-300% Enhanced Damage(varies)
Adds 30-65 Damage
+50% Damage To Undead
50% Chance Of Crushing Blow
50% Increased Attack Speed
50% Faster Hit Recovery
+100% Enhanced Defense
+100 Defense
+15 To Dexterity

For player vs monster I don't even worry about phy immues I keep a item around that does amp damage curse.

Rehsa

Diabloii.Net Member
my upped shaeled ribcracker is:
300-450 damage, higher than what you stated, :p

i love it very much, only thing i've ever upped, well worth the runes i think... i thought ribcracker was godly before upgrading... i don't know why i thought that...

a normal ribcracker wont help in hell difficulty much at all... must be upped if you wana do hell solo with some ease.