Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Final Straw READ

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by FinMcCooL, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FinMcCooL

FinMcCooL Banned

Final Straw READ

Hey folks,

Well today I desided to call it a day with d2. I was playing in a duel game today with some really cool people, having fun kicking each other posteriors
    when two people from clan PON joined the game. I was dueling with my bvc baba, Grief 398 40ias, Beast 269 40str, Arreat 200 6ll, 40ed 9max, Enigma ect ect. Myself and this Nec were having a great duel when both of us killed each other.

Both members of said clan, each a windy desided to town guard us, well they nk killed us a few times and responded with the usual "ezzzz" "pwnd" "delete char plz". water of a ducks back. So I run out to grab my body(with all gear on) picking up a few others along the why, I ducked and dived and made it to my main corpse, I clicked on it and to my surprise my barb didnt look right.....

Noooooooooo.......along the way I had without noticing picked up some crappy helm dropped by a creature in blood moor. Yes you guessed it, when I clicked on my main corpse I couldn't wear my arreats and as a consequence I didnt have the strength to wear my weapons..$%$%$%, $%$$%,$%$%$, all gone poof. BoDy PoPinG :lol:

Considering I recently deleted my best barb by mistake, and sold most of everything I own to build my new one, this is the Final Straw for me. In a rage I smashed my keyboard to pieces and threw my mouse at my 19" LCDisplay breaking it too. :thumbsup: Im now using a keyboard with more coffee stains on it than a table in Starbucks, and a monitor so old John Logi Beard would be ashamed of it. wOOt.

To Clan PON %$%$%$% you all.
    To All at RPG keep the faith, gamming with honor.

Over and Out Fin~

2. bluedragoon

bluedragoon IncGamers Member

I can never understand whats so great about townguarding. How can u not get bored with that after like 2 seconds u know :D.

3. Generator Of Chaos

Generator Of Chaos IncGamers Member

you made a few fatal flaws:

1 - When people don't let you get to your body, just exit the game...beeing PKed doesn't "cost" experience...So you don't loose anything other than gold, wich I bet they had already taken..
    2 - D2 is JUST a game.... It's NO reason to start throwing and breaking stuff.. relax...
    3 - Sorry to see you go...Specially cause of retards and morrons... All I can say is, have a good life and try to maintain your calm more often...for your own sake...

Bluedragon: why quote the gigantic 1st post?..just post...

4. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

sorry to hear about your loss. Remember that it's just a game. Losing your character doesnt mean that it's the end of the world or anything. Good luck to whatever you're doing next.

5. Arbedark

Arbedark IncGamers Member

Erm. where are the stats in this thread?

Better place would be the community forum.

Arb

6. plasmo

plasmo IncGamers Member

Guess quoting doesn't count towards 10 chars.

7. prawncracker

prawncracker IncGamers Member

That's why I'd make sure I have the mininum stats for the gear - no tricks.
    Do the extra few dozens vitality points really make a difference - most of the time, they don't. Besides, points pumped into strength increase the damage for a barb, better at kicking butts :)

8. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

In low levels and crappy gear i dun mind just picking up body when i die in multi player game but sometimes when high level with good gear i just exit a.s.a.p and make a private, passworded game as people in pubbies are known to just throw some lame armor/helm/weapon in the hope of someone recovering their corpses picking it up and body popping! Sorry to hear your loss :(

9. FinMcCooL

FinMcCooL Banned

I had desided to leave d2 anyway, this just confirmed my departure date.

@ Arb - why bother posting that reply......Spammage.

@ Bluedragon - Simple things amuse simple minds.

@ Chaos - I smashed my stuff up because 1) I'm a 30 year old software engineer and I can afford it, 2) I'm Irish when my temper goes, watch out 3)
    I was fairly drunk after having lunch in a resturant.

@ MH - Thats right.

@ Plasmo - Thats right.

@ Prawn - Yup.

@ Bat - I could never understand the mentality of some people on Bnet.

Like I said to Choas Im 30 years of age and have been playing computer games since first console games(pong anyone)....bbc micro...Ibm Ps1..c64...sinclair...So I've seen many online communities and experienced many different games. Eventually you realise lifes too short to spend time in front of your computer screen(especially as I do it for a job already) Im heading for Big Blue, not the IBM computer but the ocean to start surfing again. Only the finest game of all time could temp me out of retirement I'll wait and see..........

Fin~

As for the stats I had meant to Include the Question......Whats your worst body popping experience and what did you lose? To keep the anally retentive happy.

10. Arbedark

Erm maybe because you posted it in the Statistics forum, NOT the community forum?

And still, how is a question about your worst "experience" got anything to do with number crunching.

I merely expressed my opinion that this was in the wrong forum, reported it to the mods and got it moved.

now.

@FinMcCooL - How was it spammage? It was a legitimate question, and it got moved to the right forum didnt it?.....Flameage

Cya

Arb

11. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

1) Actually, people tend to get their bodies back (some sort of honor to be able to get it back naked?)
    2) Even though a game, if you put a lot of hard work, little sleep and loads of time in it, you can get pretty mad if you lose something valuable. I know I always mash my keyboard pretty hard when my sorceress dies in pvm. And to give you a fine example, if you have a lvl98 char, and you're close to hitting 99, extremely close. You die and lose 1/4 of your bar (dunno if you realize, but losing that much exp at that level equals to a few hundred dia+baal runs) you aint gonna tell me: "oh well, it's just a game, I don't mind the weeks hard work and not sleeping I put into it, I'll just stay calm and try again."
    3) Maintaining your calm might proove difficult (as I pointed out in 2) but most things don't in real life don't require that much time of not sleeping and hard working as they do in Diablo :rolleyes:

12. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

not that I know anything about it, but it isn't spam when you tell someone they're in the wrong forum

13. Dawnmaster

So when I post a trade value in the europe trade forum, Frygia and Xora are spamming when they put me in the trade value forum? :rolleyes:

14. Ash Housewares

you seem confused, perhaps you should read my post again

15. Arbedark

Edit: Post mis-read

Arb

16. Ash Housewares

he was criticizing you... I was taking your side... I'm a spammer, come again?

the whole reason I came here is because I don't like it when people throw the word "spammer" around as an all purpose insult when people aren't guilty of spamming and now I'm being called a spammer, I don't appreciate the less than friendly tone

17. Arbedark

KK, Apologies.

*Hits himself in the head*

Must learn the difference between:

"Isnt it"

&

"It Isnt"

Accept my apologies Ash

Arb

18. Dawnmaster

Sorry about that dude, I misread the part I highlighted in bold :lol:

19. Ash Housewares

np, I figured you'd misread, easily enough fixed

20. FinMcCooL

FinMcCooL Banned

@Arb you wouldnt know a good flame if your asz was on fire.

Is it hot in here?

Fin~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.