Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

final questions on my zealot

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Bert, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Bert

Bert Diabloii.Net Member

final questions on my zealot

Hi

My first Battlenet char was a zealot.

I always thought of him as a knight fighting for god and glory.

I even used a code and I helped others who needed a boost or to solve a quest, I spend hours talking with ppl who just started or started again.

At level 75 a felt ready to hit hell…

My zealot was a frost zealot and my first enemy in the blood moor was a zombie…

It took me hours to kill him and countless potions…

Good thing he was slow…

My next Battlenet char was a tesla froster but he got to act III Hell when I abandoned him.

He is boosted to Act V doing mule duty

My greatest regret is that (since it where my first 2 Bnet chars) I couldn’t equip them properly…

My chars since have been different…

An mf sorc, an IK – MF baba and finally, a fully equipped Hammerdin (enigma, mara, hoto, cta, zaka etc…)

Since a few weeks I have been thinking of a zealot that is viable in hell, even more, who can actually be the spear point in every situation (except maybe the chaos sanctuary because of IM, but still he can play a very good support role)

I have been asking questions about this zealot for a while on this forum and I finally got It together:

Grief
    Exhile
    on switch: CTA and Spirit
    CoH (have the resources but need some verification on it)
    G Face (from orphan’s call, have no idea how to spell it) – um’ed

1) Now, the questions regarding equipment:

- What belt? String of ears?
    - What gloves? Soul Drainers?
    - jewelry? I’m in the dark here
    - Boots? Gore Riders?

About CoH: Is a superior Archon Plate with ED (8% i think) good enough?

2) Now, questions about the skills:

I’m planning on making a zealot with fanaticism and some support aura’s like redemption, meditation, vigor,…

However, my hammerdin has like the most + skills possible from his equipment but here I will only have 2 from CoH, 2 from mara, 2 to offensive aura’s from exhile and that’s it.

Isn’t that a bit low? Which skillers should I use? PC skillers or O aura skillers?

3) about stat points: enough for max block whit holy shield, enough in strength for wearing my equipment, dumping the rest in vit and nothing in energy.

Is this correct?

Will I have enough AR? - this is my biggest concern :( I'm not into AR at all.

4) merc: act 2 merc, which one?

Thx for helping and sorry for the long post

Greets

Bert

2. koeraokse

koeraokse Diabloii.Net Member

for the first, wouldnt the botd be better than grief? also the exile, it requires more dexterity for ax lock , so a good choise would be Hoz, but these arent that improtant, you can go for your way, its your pala afterall...
    I wouldnt suggest maras go for angeic ammy and ring instead so you will have a nice AR boost, +skills arnt that important for zealot I think, and for the gloves you can go for draculs wich give you nice ll, +str and life tap, use some gloves with ias if you lack on it, gores are the best choise for zealot I think and belt should be verdungos..
    oh and btw the vigor isnt that important and dont waste your point on meditation, zeal takes only 2 points you will not need it! and also I think the redemption is overrated, too many points for it, better buy a scepter with +1 to redemption and put it on switch, best merc would e holy freeze probaly he will slow enemys down so you can beat the sh!t out of them ut you can also use blessed aim merc when you have a lack in AR...

:cheesy:
    priit

3. Chimaira

Chimaira Diabloii.Net Member

1. String Of Ears is sweet, with the leech, damage/magic reduction. Other choices are Verdungos or Credendum.

Soul Drainers are pretty crappy in my opinion, unless you really need the mana leech which you probably won't. Dracul's Grasp is a much better option for survivability, more lifeleech and Life Tap owns Weaken...also has +10-15 strength and Open Wounds. Other choices are Laying Of Hands for ultimate demon slaying and good fire resists, or good crafted blood gloves.

Highlord's Wrath for reaching an IAS breakpoint and nice lightning resist/Deadly Strike. Mara's is always good! Maybe Angelic ring+amulet for attack rating but I doubt it will be necessary. 1 Ravenfrost is mandatory! Bul-Kathos would be a nice choice or a rare resist/leech ring.

Gore Riders or Wartravelers, both are excellent boots. I like Wartravelers the best because of the MF...

A superior Archon plate is definitely a good choice! Reasonable defence/requirements, I say go for it.

2. Support auras really only need 1 point to be effective, although more won't hurt of course. The +4 skills you get from Mara's/COH are plenty, I wouldn't worry about it. Unless you have some good skillers, with a nice 2nd mod, I wouldn't bother with them at all.

3. Sounds right to me:) AR could be a bit of a problem, but get some nice charms, or use Demon Limb to get Enhant.

4. I'd say Might merc...Grief does huge damage and your mercenaries Might aura will enhance this huge damage even further. Also your merc himself will be a pretty good killer with Fanatiscism+Might...be sure to get him a Reaper's Toll, for some good crowd control/extra damage from Decreipify.

Good luck

4. vdzele

vdzele Diabloii.Net Member

If you read these calc’s then you will see that grief is a much better choice then ebotd. Just insert your ebotd in the formulas and their you go, not to mention 20% DC.

Gear: Strings, Gores, Draculs, Highlords, Ravenfrost, Dual leech ring, G face, Leviathan, Grief RW, HoZ , +max / AR charms, res charms…

Skills: Max sacrifice, zeal, fanaticism and holy shield. Rest in vengeance for physical immunes (requires weapon switch because grief is a bad option for vengeance. choose ebotd, stormlash or death RW)

5. Bert

Bert Diabloii.Net Member

Hi :)

Thx for the replies, they are very helpfull :thumbsup:

Everyone seems to say a zaka is a better option than an exhile.

Why?

Exhile gives the defiance aura and gets u'r def easely above 20 k, res shouldn't be a problem without zaka, only lacking in + skills but i can counter that with charms.

Also the life tap triggering from exhile is a life saver (i gues)

BTW: From what charms should i benefit most? PC or O aura skillers?

Also...

Does a demon limb increase AR with it's enchant? And does enchant wear off after a while and does it needs to be recast?

Is a demon limb a good weapon to use against PI?

That way i could fight the PI's with my switch, using it also to boost my AR.

I have a GC with +125 to AR, is this sufficient?

6. Chimaira

Herald Of Zakakorum and Exile...Both are good shields.

Combat/aura skillers aren't really good for this build...+1 offensive auras will only give you a slight AR/damage increase from Fanatiscism, +1 combat will only give slight AR/damage from Zeal:(

The Enchant from Demon Limb does increase your attack rating:) It does wear off after a while...I think it's duration is more than 200 seconds..

Demon Limb would be an okay weapon, but Baranar's Star would be much better! Azurewrath or Gimmershreds would also be very nice.

7. Bert

Bert Diabloii.Net Member

So i will be using a baranar's star and HoZ on switch for PI's, how should i increase my AR?

Angelic combo is out of the question because i need mara for my res :(

Wow, didn't know it was that dificult to get good AR for hell :(

Bert

8. Decebal

Decebal Diabloii.Net Member

9. Chimaira

672 to be precise...boy I was way off:) It just seems to wear of so quickly:(

10. Decebal

Decebal Diabloii.Net Member

I does? Well it depends how u play! As reference I have a bowazon runing pits...but that goes so fast so I dont think about how long time I'm "enchanted"... :D

/Dec

11. Wmeredith

Wmeredith Diabloii.Net Member

For AR issues, try IK boots with IK gloves. I love this combo. It's super under-rated IMHO. Couple that with the enchant form D-Limb and you're money.

12. vdzele

Why? Because in my build I am also using an Act 2 defiance mercenary bought in normal mode. He gives me also defiance that is level 18, more than Exile. Life tap is provided from my Dracul’s gloves.

From my experience best solution for a zealer weapon should be

PvM: Stormlash – since you will play in hell were you’ll get surrounded in most occasions with bunch of monsters, stormlash will grant a superior modifier: static field. While they run towards you will hit the first one in the lead and the rest of them will have half of their life by the time they reach you. No other melee weapon is a faster group killer then stormlash. Even for a boss killing it’s a great option, not to mention it adds 33% CB. I would say its 2-3 steps in front of all others for a zealer PvM weapon option.
    Trust me on this I have tested all of them and this one is the uber.

Second: Grief RW. Just see my link and you will see why? Bit better for smaller packs of monsters and a better choice for bosses when their life’s fall down bellow half

Third: Death RW – I put this weapon in front of the boring ebotd because it gives 2 great modifiers: Crushing blow and Deadly strike. You can easily reach 5 fpa (frames per attack) or 5 attacks per second with a Death RW and ebotd will reach 4fpa which is 1 more attack in a second, but these 2 modifiers are overwhelming this 1 extra attack by millions of miles …

Fourth: Ebotd and the rest ….

For boss killing I use stormlash until his life falls bellow ~60% then I switch to Death eth ettin axe.

Demon limb is a “nice weapon†only if it’s ethereal (it has self repair mod). But I told already told you: stormlash + vengeance is more then enough for PI’s. Stormlash also has lightning damage.

Max damage / AR / X charms are the ones you are looking for. Skill charm wont do the job as these ones.

PvP: Grief above all. His enormous minimum damage and 20% DC cant be matched ….

13. dkay

dkay Diabloii.Net Member

stormlash is a VERY sexy weapon imo.
    either that or ebotd Z. dont use grief because of duribility.. and its not as effective. actually.. id DEFINETELY choose stormlash. much cheaper too.

14. vdzele

durability???? whats this got to do with anything. Personaly I know that from after every battle I repair my Stormlash ... don't think that repairing Grief will be much cheaper ...

15. Bert

Bert Diabloii.Net Member

I'm gonna use exhile for the reason that an act II merc has much better aura's than the defiance aura and my res will be perfect with an anni

Also i believe that static field cannot match delirium on a merc for crowd control so that brings grief on top of the weapons list, and i looks so great in a PB :D

Once my build is complet i'll post a reply to tell about how great it is :p

Thx to everyone who helped me out :)

Bert

16. dkay

dkay Diabloii.Net Member

arent runewords more expensive to repair than uniques? if not then scratch that.

17. HWind

HWind Diabloii.Net Member

My PVM Zealer

The best PVM weapon for a zealer is as stated before Stormlash. I have a complete PVM zealer and this is my gear:
    Helm: CoA 2 sock, 23 res, 14 dr with 14 max 15 res all jewel and OS
    Armor: 199% guardian angel upped to 1550 def hellforge with a 19 life, 15 res all jewel
    Gloves: Dracs for the lifetap (needed for pesky phys immunes)
    Belt: Upped T-gods for light absorb vit and str
    Boots: 15/15 Eth treks
    Ammy: Metalgrid with 35 res all, high attack rating, high def
    Ring 1: 230/20 Raven (cold absorb)
    Ring 2: Dwarfstar (fire abosrb)
    Shield 1: SS (for 35% DR) socketed with Um Rune
    Shield 2: Same as above
    Weapon 1: Stormlash socketed with Shael (more light absorb)
    Weapon 2: 269/8 Azurewrath (for light immunes, phys immunes, and undead)
    MERC (Defiance Merc):
    Helm: 30 str 10 Leech, 148 ed Andys (socketed with 30 fire res, 15 max jewel)
    Armor: +2/165 ed Valor socketed with Shael
    Weapon: Eth Doom Great Poleaxe

What all this means (assuming merc is alive):
    A paladin with 90/95/90/90 res, 30k def with aura, 12k attack rating, absorb for every element, 35% DR, fastest attack speed, and high enough dmg to kill all monsters quickly.
    Adding all this up means I can solo any part of hell with no problem what so ever. Even those pesky groups of Fanat Aura'd "Frenzytaurs". With the low phys dmg of both my weapons IM doesn't kill me in one hit so that is not worry either. Overall I found this is the best gear I can obtain for a solo PVM zeal paladin.