Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Final Fantasy XI: Online

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MinasMorgul, Mar 21, 2004.

1. MinasMorgul

MinasMorgul IncGamers Member

Final Fantasy XI: Online

Has Anyone else seen the commercials for this game? looks awsome to me. I never caught onto The FinalFantasy Series but since it is going to be online now, i think i'd love to have it. It kinda reminds me of the Dot Hack Series.

what do you guys think?

Sorry if this has been posted before.

2. FiNaLoRgYkKzOn

FiNaLoRgYkKzOn Banned

It's like $50 or $100 to get...and it costs per month to play..new chars also cost money and such.....I'm a kid..don't have a job...and I don't wanna spend my money on a game every month.

3. MinasMorgul

MinasMorgul IncGamers Member

its $99.00 american to get the game and a 40G modem, so its a bit more expensive than a regular game. But if it is pay as you play then ya that could be a pain.

4. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

Looks like any other generic MMPORG, just with a few final fantasy chars sprinkled throughout it. Save your money.

5. ragnar_ii

ragnar_ii IncGamers Member

Yeah i agree, it does look like a pretty generic game given its squares first attempt at an MMPORG. Might be fun to play for a little while but i cant see spending that kind of money for just a little bit of game play.

6. Metallica

Metallica Banned

OK listen to my advice, don't get this game. It's fun in the first 15 levels are so, afterwards it's extremely hard to level, and if you die you will lose chunk of experience. Soloing is almost impossible after level 10, I don't particularly like solo but when you have to force grouping with people 2 levels high or below you, there's a pain in the ***. Not to mention the horrible interface, and it's one of the most expensive game to-date, plus it's pay 2 play. Spend your money on something else instead.

7. London

London IncGamers Member

Wow, thats really expensive, and its pay to play... That right there spells lame. I don't see why they charge money to play ANY game per month. I need to save my money for a camber kit.

8. VampiroXIII

VampiroXIII IncGamers Member

It looks pretty sweet, and I am a fan of the Final Fantasy series, but, like all MMORPGs, it costs money to buy the game, then you have to pay to keep playing it. To me, that's just wrong.

9. London

London IncGamers Member

My thoughts exactly. When I was younger, I played the Final Fantasy series religelously (sp?). Having to pay for this game is well, lame.

10. Xoranix

Xoranix IncGamers Member

I'm so used to Everquest. So when I bought this game I had some high expectations. It sucked. I wasted about 70 bucks on it. I wouldn't buy it if I were you. If you're looking for an MMORPG, maybe you could get EQ, but even that is declining...I heard that Star Wars Galaxies is pretty neat. And I would get Middle Earth when it comes out but I don't think you can be any of the evil races, which is what I would play.

11. Metallica

Metallica Banned

Most MMORPGs are pay to play because MMORPGs take a lot of money to constantly maintain, combat hacks, improve bugs, and evolve and put new adventures. Not to mention god knows how many servers they would have.

12. Chief JB

Chief JB IncGamers Member

The commercials for it looked cool, but like just about everyone else pointed out. I'm not going to spend 100 bucks for the game plus monthly fees and all that. I'll not be getting this game.

13. Dj_Otaku

Dj_Otaku IncGamers Member

I was disapointed when the announced FFXI as a MMORPG, becuase I have always though the FF series should stay single player, like it have always been. But then again, one of my favroite of the series is FFVIII.

Dj_Otaku

14. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

Oh man. I totally agreed with you at first. But then you said the dreaded sentence...you liked FFVIII. NOooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Most..horrible..FF...EVER!