'Film(s) of the week' thread.

KnightFall

Diabloii.Net Member
'Film(s) of the week' thread.

Ok following on from the songs of the week thread, how about a film(s) of the week thread?

This week I have been mostly watching - 'Team America - World Police'. **** yeah! (watched it twice so far!).

Got to be the funniest film I have seen this year. I watched it 4 times last weekend too. :) The jokes are funny no matter how many times you watch it. Shame the makers have said they don't think they'll make another as it was such a nightmare to produce.

"Ow hewwo!" and "Look, this is my serious face" are some of my favorite lines.


So what's the best film you have seen this week and why do you like it so much?

Regards,
KnightFall
 

Newman

Diabloii.Net Member
KnightFall said:
Ok following on from the songs of the week thread, how about a film(s) of the week thread?

This week I have been mostly watching - 'Team America - World Police'. **** yeah! (watched it twice so far!).

Got to be the funniest film I have seen this year. I watched it 4 times last weekend too. :) The jokes are funny no matter how many times you watch it. Shame the makers have said they don't think they'll make another as it was such a nightmare to produce.

"Ow hewwo!" and "Look, this is my serious face" are some of my favorite lines.


So what's the best film you have seen this week and why do you like it so much?

Regards,
KnightFall
Movie's that I've watched this week:

What's eating Gilbert Grape?
American Bueaty
Blast from the Past
Animal House

Good movies.
 

Necrolestes

Diabloii.Net Member
One ring to rule them all...

LoTR: Return of the King (it's the only movie I've been able to watch this week).
I try to watch one of the three movies at least once a month.
 

KnightFall

Diabloii.Net Member
Lord_Shinnok said:
Spaceballs.
Class film! Not seen that in ages...

When I saw you had posted I immediatly thought you were going to have said a Bond film... :lol:

Not seen any of those, except American Beauty, Newman. Not a bad film but not in my top...erm...100 probably...

LOTR = Godly films. Absolutly stunning to watch. I'm a massive fan of the books too.

KnightFall
 

KnightFall

Diabloii.Net Member
Bad boys II was ok up to the point when they deceided to invade Cube. Got a bit silly at that point! (I am thinking of the right film arent I?).

Fear and Loathing is fantastic! One of my top films ever too. :) They must have been on drugs while they made that film. Or they must have had experience with using to portray it so well...

KnightFall
 

Newman

Diabloii.Net Member
American Bueaty is my favorite movie. It depicts so many family's pretty well, maybe not to that extent, but that's how a lot of familes live. Sad, but true.

I heard LoTR: Return of the King was d0pe!
 

Sokar Rostau

Diabloii.Net Member
This is the last two weeks, I can't remember which days I watched.

Betty Blue - Director's Cut [Video]
Once Upon a Time in America [DVD x 2 + Commentary]
Once Upon a Time in the West [DVD x 2 + Commentary]
Battlestar Galactica (Mini Series) [Video]
Amelie [Video]
Return of the King (Cinema Release) [DVD]
Return of the Jedi [Video]
Star Wars II: Attack of the Clowns [DVD + Commentary]
Harry, He's Here to Help [Video]
American Pie [TV]
Triumph of the Will [Video]
Sex: The Annabel Chong Story [DVD] ...omg...
A Man Called Hero [Video]

There were a couple more...

I've seen all of them except Once Upon a Time in the West before.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas was written by the late Hunter S. Thompson under the influence, allegedly, of just about every single drug you can imagine. I have the book and to say "it's a trip" is an understatement.
 

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
Orgazmo
Indiana Jones & Last Crusade
Ghostbusters
Wrath of Khan
Star Trek Generations (we spent some time at the Las Vegas Hilton)
some crummy Sonny Chiba movie
Conan the Barbarian
Casino Royale
Shogun's Samurai (Yagyu Clan Conspiracy)
 

Jimi-

Diabloii.Net Member
Ash Housewares said:
Orgazmo
Indiana Jones & Last Crusade
Ghostbusters
Wrath of Khan
Star Trek Generations (we spent some time at the Las Vegas Hilton)
some crummy Sonny Chiba movie
Conan the Barbarian
Casino Royale
Shogun's Samurai (Yagyu Clan Conspiracy)

orgazmo is hilarious :lol:
 

SilentMagik

Diabloii.Net Member
Newman said:
I heard LoTR: Return of the King was d0pe!
You've heard? Dont tell me you havent seen it! :eek:

Spaceballs is ok but I think some of the humour is a bit cheap. l mean a small guy in a big hat and an inferiority complex is kewl. But whats up with that annoying robot-maid..and Yoghurt? But on the plus side Daphne Zuniga is teh b0mb :)
 

Lord_Shinnok

Diabloii.Net Member
SilentMagik said:
Spaceballs is ok but I think some of the humour is a bit cheap. l mean a small guy in a big hat and an inferiority complex is kewl. But whats up with that annoying robot-maid..and Yoghurt? But on the plus side Daphne Zuniga is teh b0mb :)
while the whole of spaceballs isn't perfect it does contain one of the best movie scenes i can think of...


"Found anything yet?" - DH
"We ain't found ****!" - Hair Pick Operator
 

TurbulentTurtle

Diabloii.Net Member
I'll just post the videos I saw recently since I don't watch movies too often...

- Night at the Roxbury
- Shaun of the Dead
- Kung Fu Hustle (Cantonese version)
- Donnie Darko
 

Carnage-DVS

Diabloii.Net Member
The Prophecy and the Prophecy 2 (2 great Christopher Walken movies.)
The return of the king extended edition (what can I say, one of the greatest film trilogies of all time)
The Two Towers
The Silence of the Lambs

I need to get some cash and go see Sin City.
 
Top