'Film(s) of the week' thread (31/05/05)

KnightFall

Diabloii.Net Member
'Film(s) of the week' thread (31/05/05)

A day late again sorry, due to the Bank Holiday...

This week I have seen :
Nothing! (Met a new girl at the w/e and was a little... busy... *cough*

Taking her to the cinema tonight and need to know what's worth watching.
She doesn't want to see Star Wars. :rant:

The things I saw on were,
House Of Wax
Its All Gone Pete Tong

Anyone seen these and can tell me what they are like? It would be appreciated...

Regards,
KnightFall
 

befkonijn

Diabloii.Net Member
well i dont have a clue of the movies that are released where you live, but here are some movies in Belgium that i would consider seeying:

house of wax: to have the gf get real close to ya shivering :D (always nice) havent seen it yet tho, not yet released here :)
million dollar baby: nice movie, won an oscar and has clint eastwood in it...
shall we dance: girl movie with Jlo (so it's worth watching for you too :))
hitch: some time in theaters now, but well worth watching...relaxing movie, comedy, romance..(saw it with my gf)

let me know what ur decision was and gl with the girl m8

grtz Bef
 

DaviddeJong

Diabloii.Net Member
I would go to "A lot like love" (with Ashton Kutcher) if I were you. Well, that is, if you want to keep your company entertained... it's a chick-flick. It'll be out (in Holland) on June the 2nd. I don't know about GB. (My gf works at the cinema, so she already saw it.)

Otherwise maybe Kingdom of Heaven, girls generally like Orlando Bloom, or so I'm told.....

Have fun (afterwards)!

David.
 

KnightFall

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh yeah, I forgot about the films which have been out a while. I just looked at the latest releases. Doh!

Hitch might just be a good idea, thanks. I think if I was choosing, we'd watch House Of Wax, I do enjoy good horror flicks.

I'll review whatever we watch sure. And thanks for the best wishes, not that I'll need them much! ;) (see ETF OT thread).

Thanks,
KnightFall
 

befkonijn

Diabloii.Net Member
KnightFall said:

Hitch might just be a good idea, thanks. I think if I was choosing, we'd watch House Of Wax, I do enjoy good horror flicks.

I'll review whatever we watch sure. And thanks for the best wishes, not that I'll need them much! ;) (see ETF OT thread).
KnightFall
Yep i went to the movies on saturday with the girl but when i pointed house of wax, she started nodding from left to right... :) so since u dont know her that good yet, i wouldnt recommend a horor flic as it might give a wrong impression of yourself :rolleyes:

hitch is a nice movie as i said, funny, some girls like will smith, the girl in it isnt bad either and it's romantic, i'd say the ideal movie...



grtz bef
 

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
USA busted out it's staple last night, and I obliged them with a good hour and a half viewing. Braveheart. I think when it comes to program selection at USA, they have a monkey throw darts at a dart board, and 90% of the dartboard is Braveheart. I can't really argue with how it works though. :)
 

KnightFall

Diabloii.Net Member
DaviddeJong said:
I would go to "A lot like love" (with Ashton Kutcher) if I were you. Well, that is, if you want to keep your company entertained... it's a chick-flick. It'll be out (in Holland) on June the 2nd. I don't know about GB. (My gf works at the cinema, so she already saw it.)

Otherwise maybe Kingdom of Heaven, girls generally like Orlando Bloom, or so I'm told.....

Have fun (afterwards)!

David.
I just re-checked the cinema site and 'A lot like love' isn't on at the moment that I can see. Thanks for the idea anyways. :)

Damn! Forgot to look for 'Hitch'.

*goes off to look again*

Edit : Seems Hitch has finished showing here. :(

Edit2: Braveheart is a great film for sure.
And I just realised I have seen a film this week, 'Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves'.

KnightFall
 

Ev_

Diabloii.Net Member
Only movie I saw this week was Birth. Quite possibly one of the most boring, slow, and awful movies I've ever seen. The movie was 100 minutes long, but 30 of those were in scenes that were just staring at Nicole Kidman's face.

There was such a huge uproar over the fact that Kidman did a "nude" scene with a 10 year old kid, but the uproar should have been over the fact that they expected people to pay to see this movie.

Don't ever rent it. Even if you get a free rental or something, don't.
 

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
Man, when do people find the time to watch all these movies? Or are we just supposed to mention good movies instead of ones we've seen in the past week?
 

KnightFall

Diabloii.Net Member
AeroJonesy said:
Man, when do people find the time to watch all these movies? Or are we just supposed to mention good movies instead of ones we've seen in the past week?
It's supposed to be what you've seen in the last week (running from Monday to Monday normally).

Ash Housewears said:
Kelly's Heros
Class movie! And one I haven't seen in ages. (That is the one where they have that crazy tank commander isn't it? And they have that battle, in a city controlled by the Germans, with the two Panzer tanks?).

KnightFall
 

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
KnightFall said:
It's supposed to be what you've seen in the last week (running from Monday to Monday normally).



Class movie! And one I haven't seen in ages. (That is the one where they have that crazy tank commander isn't it? And they have that battle, in a city controlled by the Germans, with the two Panzer tanks?).

KnightFall
yea, it Sutherland as the Tank commander with Clint Eastwood & Telly Savalas, they have to take on a couple Tigers to get to a bank vault

the one I haven't seen in ages is
"What did you do in the war daddy?"
 

KnightFall

Diabloii.Net Member
Ash Housewares said:
yea, it Sutherland as the Tank commander with Clint Eastwood & Telly Savalas, they have to take on a couple Tigers to get to a bank vault

the one I haven't seen in ages is
"What did you do in the war daddy?"
That's the one yeah, I really want to watch it now. Might have to check Blockbuster out later. :)

Never heard of that other one you said, worth me looking for too?

KnightFall
 
Top