Fight or Flight?

PatMaGroin

Diabloii.Net Member
So they can sit there and get shot, or they can get shot trying to do something. Which would you rather do?
 

WildBerry

Diabloii.Net Member
Mod's article said:
Browne recommends students and teachers “react immediately to the sight of a gun by picking up anything and everything and throwing it at the head and body of the attacker and making as much noise as possible. Go toward him as fast as we can and bring them down."
Dumbest. Stuff. Ever.

"Hey, look, that guy has a gun! I'll throw my pencil at him, that'll teach him!"

Gotta agree with SuggestiveName.

@ Pat, well, if you opt for deciding the moment you want to leave this earthly world, that is a sound way of thinking. Give it a thought. Guy marches in. He is toting a pistol with a clip of 16 (we're assuming, rather groundlessly, that he has not an automatic weapon with a clip of 30 and "terrorist package" of 3 duct-taped clips; just for the sake of assumption, for if he has the 'munition, you're dead upon his entrance). Do you want to be the first to get the bullet or do you not want that? It's all it boils down to.

Lassiter questioned, however, whether students should be included in the fight-back training: “That’s going to scare the you-know-what out of them.â€
Yeah, I'd be scared ****less too of those flying papers rolled into a ball.
 

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
I dunno, it isn't an entirely bad idea - several attacks could've been prevented (or minimised anyway) if people had worked together to bring down the attacker. September 11 for one.

This will obviously result in some of them being killed, of course. And yeah, like SN said it depends on the situation. Three schoolkids vs. a guy with a gun = pate.

PatMaGroin said:
So they can sit there and get shot, or they can get shot trying to do something. Which would you rather do?
Hmm, depends. I also don't fancy the chances of school children; if this were adults I'd have fewer reservations. Also, adults are old enough to make this sort of decision.
 

HAMC8112

Diabloii.Net Member
Short of giving those kids a gun i do not see what they can do against an armed madman.

Maybe they can use their pencils to give the attacker an F for behaviour.
 
HAMC8112 said:
Short of giving those kids a gun i do not see what they can do against an armed madman.

Maybe they can use their pencils to give the attacker an F for behaviour.
I knew of a case in high school of a Psycho kid that stabbed another with a pencil and punctured a lung.
1 shot to the chest and he was DOWN!
When you think about the physiological effect on someone with a fantasy, people need to break it by resisting, thats the real point!
But don't bad-mouth the power of a sharp stick or a heavy blunt object until you have been hit by a few.
Try and take over a plane with box-cutters now - we know we are not going to Cuba and getting released.
 

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
HAMC8112 said:
Short of giving those kids a gun i do not see what they can do against an armed madman.

Maybe they can use their pencils to give the attacker an F for behaviour.
If they mob him and there's enough of them they could overpower him. Of course, they'd expect to take a few casualties. And it depends how old the kids are.
 

Johnny

Banned
Good for the majority. Bad for the indevidual.

Sure if the guy plans to kill as many people as possible then fewer people will die if everyone charges the gunman but the fact is. The first 3 people that charge him will die and nr 4-7 will be wounded.

Now honestly. Who in any school has the balls to sacrifice thier life to save some random people they dont even like.

So you have to choose between certain death or a statistic large chance to survive.


Works for bees and ants..... Not so much for humans.
 

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Just make sure you go third or fourth.

I always find it weird how Europeans abbreviate number "nr." instead of "no.".
 

HAMC8112

Diabloii.Net Member
dondrei said:
If they mob him and there's enough of them they could overpower him. Of course, they'd expect to take a few casualties. And it depends how old the kids are.
If they mob him they will only save him some ammo. Take that Mormon school as an example, the kids were what? 12 or 13, 14 maybe? Point blank shooting a .45 at some kids will make each bullit travel through 3 or 4 kids. And they probably forgave him before they died.
 

Johnny

Banned
dondrei said:
Just make sure you go third or fourth.

I always find it weird how Europeans abbreviate number "nr." instead of "no.".
Because we are superior, you dumb rube.
 

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
HAMC8112 said:
If they mob him they will only save him some ammo. Take that Mormon school as an example, the kids were what? 12 or 13, 14 maybe? Point blank shooting a .45 at some kids will make each bullit travel through 3 or 4 kids. And they probably forgave him before they died.
Oh, please. Your chances of hitting one person through another are negligible.
 

HAMC8112

Diabloii.Net Member
dondrei said:
Oh, please. Your chances of hitting one person through another are negligible.
Do not say things like that dondrei, atleast not when you dont know jack **** about it. It makes you look stupid.
 

PatMaGroin

Diabloii.Net Member
Well how old are we talking? If it happens in a high school, then I'm definitely with the article.

Lower than that, not so sure.
 
PatMaGroin said:
Well how old are we talking? If it happens in a high school, then I'm definitely with the article.

Lower than that, not so sure.
That's what I was thinking, the older kids in highschool are mostly just as strong as adults.

Younger than that and I think the best advice would be to run--depending on his marksmanship he might not get as many.
 

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
These aren't kids with army training. They're pissed off angst-ridden retards. They were scared enough of these folks in the first place to bring a gun. 3 football players charging down Mr. Sissy Pants is probably going to make him a little more scared. Kids will learn that bringing a gun to school will not make you god, getting to choose who lives and dies.

And what do you think will happen once the gunman gets mobbed? It's not going to be a nice easy one bullet to the brain suicide. It's going to be a broken rib, broken face, broken hand, bloody mess that won't end in death.

Ever seen someone shoot a handgun who isn't good at it? The bullets go everywhere. Why do you think 50 Cent can get shot like 13 times and not die? Pissed of idiots with guns are poor shots. Even if someone is close by. Counterstrike isn't going to carry over into real life.
 
Top