Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Fie, Fie, Fire, Facet, Wondering whether the Necro can use it? der

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Variable_Angel, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Variable_Angel

Variable_Angel IncGamers Member

Fee, Fie, Fire, Facet, Wondering whether the Necro can use it?

so i had this crazy idea about a souped up Fire Golem with all synergies and having max lower resist...

Fire Golem
    Summon Resist
    Golem Mastery
    Clay Golem
    Blood Golem
    Iron Golem
    Lower Resist
    That gives us a grand total of: 110

So then i add +10 to summoning skills and +10 to Curses and a Grand +10 to all Skills (basically +20) woot!

Then i Come out with this:
    Lower Resist: 40
    Radius: 30.6 yards
    Duration: 98 seconds
    Resist All: -67 percent
    Mana Cost: 22

Fire Golem: 40
    Life: 2973/ 5823(N)/ 9623(H) [by the way what is that? like differences in NM and Hell?]
    Attack: 1320
    Defense: 1250
    Absorbs 96 percent fire damage
    Damage: 10-27
    Damage: 15-39 (N)
    Damage: 18-47 (H)
    Fire Damage: 1065-1133
    Holy Fire 103-105
    Mana Cost: 440

So i'm thinking.... BEAST! but w/e

My Main Question is: Can i use Fire Facets to help boost my Fire Golems Damage?

thanks in advance,
    -Roux

2. Mr Bones

Mr Bones IncGamers Member

To answer your main question: no AFAIK +fire damage on items e.g. fire facets won't boost your golems damage as he is treated as a minion (like assassins traps) however the -enemy fire resistance will still help.

Btw you won't need so many points in lower resist you said that overall you would be able to get +20 to curses, lets say that you had one point in lower resist then with those +20 points lower resist would lower your enemies resistances by 63% whereas with your original plan (20 points in lower resist) it will lower them by 67% so you would be losing 20 skill points to gain -4% enemy resistance (doesn't seem worth it to me). I recommend though that you lose the +curse skills (not sure what equipment/charm setup is) and take on board more summoning skills (on GCs perhaps) in their place then put (lets say) 10 points into lower resist and let your +10 all skills boost it to level 20 (-62% enemy resist) this means that you would free up 10 skill points (more for clay/iron/blood golem perhaps) and space for more +summoning skills making your golem even stronger (he would be stronger with more points in him than that extra powered up lower resist would make him).

Also about the build overall, I'm not sure fire golem will be able to defeat all enemies by himself, with a large enough chunk of -fire resistance you could make fire immunes susceptible to fire but they will still be resistant to it, you may want to secure a 2ndary form of attack (perhaps a dagger throwing necromancer, you could whittle down enemies HP with open wounds, crushing blow, poison etc and have a healthy blocking rate +have a 2ndary attack incase golem can't hack it.

Also make sure that you will have 440 mana atleast, to be able to cast your golem =D

Getting a merc would be a good idea as I'm sure that your aware (perhaps holy freeze to let you and golem deal with crowds). 1 skill point in corpse explosion could also be useful as well as some of the less commonely used curses e.g. dim vision or confuse (there may be times when golems strength isn't enough to defeat enemies and you have to be more strategic)>

Ok I will shut up now, I hope I helped atleast a bit, good luck with your build I hope it turns out well. If you need anymore help (think I'm at all useful? :scratch: ) then feel free to respond here or PM me.

Regards :thumbsup:

edit-
    yup 2973=normal 5823=nightmare 9623=hell

3. Variable_Angel

Holy mother of the Prime Evils, yea that was a LOT of help. THanks dude, but i still have one question:

what's AFIAK? lol, i'm so bad with abbreviations. . .

I think i'm actually gonna try this build somehow. Yea i'm gonna look into skills a little bit more to see if i'm getting some diminishing returns. Wow i never noticed the one point wonder of lower resist.. heh.

I'll be back when i have some info on my items and such (obviously loaded with Fire Facets). Oh and feel free to add anything about items and such. I"m gonna don some research on Necroes. Anything goes, any item not matter the richness (i think i've done that kind of reputation with the Sorc question i did. ..)

4. Mr Bones

Mr Bones IncGamers Member

AFAIK= as far as I know =) I'm not really much of a necro expert but I'm glad that I was helpful. Good luck with the build, I think it may be hard but ultimately rewarding, I think you should perhaps repost this in the necro's forum to get some sound advice on further tactics/equipment choices =)

5. Variable_Angel

lol, why didn't i think of that

will do i'm going to the necro forum right now

thanks,
    AFAIK umm... is basically AFAIK

woot, easy pit runs!