Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

FHR FHR FHR! Can uber FHR be the answer to the pallies prayers? de

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by DemonicTutor, Mar 10, 2004.

1. DemonicTutor

DemonicTutor IncGamers Member

FHR FHR FHR! Can uber FHR be the answer to the pallies prayers?

I got to thinkin about if it would be possible to get uber FHR charms on a pally and just go to town on people in duels. Pallies already have the fastest block frames and fastest hit recovery frames, so wouldn't a uber FHR smiter do extreamly well in duels?

I figured a smiter or better yet V/T has a couple bad matchups. Namely wind druids due to cyclone armour, bone necros for mass damage and ranged spells and bone armour, and Hammerdins just for nutty damage.

Wind druids probebly top the list because there tornadoes hit multiple times causeing stun frames. Well what if we could bring the pallys FHR down to 2 frames? You could take a tornadoe and not even blink before the stun frame expires, thus allowing you to continue smiteing and hopefully stunning the druid.

Same goes for necros, they can get 10-9 frame cast so haveing a 2 frame FHR break would allow you to get off more smites in-between the damage taken.

And Hammerdins cast fairly slow at a 75% break, so takeing a massive hammer will hurt but wont stun you long enough for another to hit, allowing you to get in that key position to beat them.

I wonder if anyone has tryed this type of setup before and is it viable? Seems to me like you would nearly have 100% un-interuptable attacks since 2 frames is so patheticly minimal. Thats 8% of a full second, lol.

And course you could somewhat counteract the damage your takeing by going BM with Draculs + Exhile for 30% chance to life-tap. Does life-tap go through the PvP penalty or does it work to the full 50% leech?

And you could use that weapon that casts tornadoes to cause stun frames since they hit multiple times and while smite is in effect each tornadoe can cause 1-2 stun frames.

Failed to mention this would be a pubby setup. Legit dueling would have to drop the exhile/draculs and the tornadoe weapon probebly in favor of uber Rare's.

Another plus would be that 2 frame FHR would negate mindblasts effects a great deal. So trapsin duels should be more bearable.

2. strength_honor

strength_honor Banned

Well LifeTap still suffers from PvP Penalty yet so it is almost useless, I use Dracul and it doesnt seem to help alot

k..If you are using all the FHR charms...which means you are giving up life on the charms for FHR... well a smiter have around 2.5-3.1 k life if they go with normal setup...if you go with FHR setup you are giving up 500+ life at least...which makes you a hit KO for most Necro, Hammerdin so how does that help ?

Plus... Wind-Druid are only uber when they teleport...basically it is just a 1.10 version of Teleporting TS Sorc ... You can just counter it with a WF-Pet Teleporting V/T and Raven Frost + 95% CR .

3. DemonicTutor

But this would be a pure vita build. So I plan to get alittle over 2k by lvl 85-90. Then after BO it should jump to about 3.3-3.5k. I think thats ample life for a v/t.

Necros do like 1k so it should take em 4 spears/spirits to kill you. Necros are definatly difficult, you either stun lock em or go into FoH/Conviction mode.

But my question still remains, has anyone tryed a mass FHR setup? And did they see a signifigant difference with the FHR frames over a normal setup?

4. DemonicTutor

Hum, just looked over the FAQ and 3 is the max FHR frame not 2. Still pretty good, but looking at the difference from 4-3 I dunno that it's worth it.

4 frame FHR = 86%
    3 frame FHR = 200%

Yikes... 1 frame for 114% FHR? Erm, I dunno that it's worth it.

86% is pretty easily achievable, 30% sandstorm, 10% verdungo, 3x GC's and 2x SC's. Or Mix in bloodfists for another 30% and drop some charms.

200% would require 10x FHR GC's, 9x 5% sc's, verdungo, and sandstorms. Thats loseing 7x 35+ life GC's, and 7x +20 life SC's = 385+ Life which is Nearly 700 Life after Battle Orders.

So it would be a difference of a 3.3k life char to a 4k life char all for 1 FHR frame?

Again I need some advice here from someone who has or had in the past a good FHR pally. Is the 86% break sufficient? Does it even have an impact at all from useing no FHR? Namely in the wind druid matchup. I'm looking to take these guys down with a v/t, is this possible?

5. HandofElysium

HandofElysium IncGamers Member

Yes it's possible and their names are Lacerator and Sanctuary. They make a great couple. :p

6. DemonicTutor

Sanctuary would be a bad thing... Since you gotta get close to hit em, those slow missiled tornadoes don't gotta travel very far to hit you. And they are moveing 50% slower so they will multiple hit 3-4 times each... ouch...

Lacerator is an awsome idea though... Abuse the amp curse to take em out. Take those smites from 250 to 500 each. Or possibly throw em at the druid from a distance, then force him to teleport close in which case you smite em.