Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

FHR / FBR: weapon equipped or weapon hit by?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Anthraquinone, May 20, 2008.

1. Anthraquinone

Anthraquinone IncGamers Member

FHR / FBR: weapon equipped or weapon hit by?

About the FHR and FBR animations:
    For some characters the speed of these animations depends on the weapon, for example "Druid, human, 1H swinging weapon".
    see here:
    http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cach...trategy.diabloii.net&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=uk

I was under the impression that it is the weapon that these characters have equipped that matters.
    However, all over the web you find the opinion that the weapons that these characters are hit by have to be considered. So, anyone knows what's going on?

-AnQ

2. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Re: FHR / FBR: weapon equipped or weapon hit by?

Of course it's the weapon you have equipped that matters. It changes the animation, whether you wield a 2-handed or a 1-handed + shield weapon for the Hit Recovery animation. As for Block Animation, I think there are some differences between, f.ex., daggers and 1-handed swords or flails. There are swinging weapons and stabbing weapons.

3. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

It's the weapon they have equipped.

I seem to recall Zons have terrible FBR with swinging weapons which is what that table supports (hence why dagger (stabbing weapon) Zons are a relatively popular oddball build.)

4. Anthraquinone

Anthraquinone IncGamers Member

Thx for the input. I will try to compile a table that lists the general breakpoints (fcr, fhr, fbr) for the DiabloWiki.

-AnQ