Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

FHR and berserk question

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by cmmaret75, Jul 26, 2018.

1. cmmaret75

cmmaret75 Diabloii.Net Member

Making an IK berserk barb. IK gets me to the 5frame FHR BP. Would it be worth it seeing as I will be getting hit more with berserk to socket the helm with shaels to reach the next FHR BP. (I'm not rich enough for 40/15's so please don't throw that at me as a socket idea for helm hahaha).

My thought process in this comes from the whole 1/12 of your max life to enter recovery VS. berserk giving you 0 defense, thus being hit more often, THUS possibly needed better FHR to bounce back faster.

I am pretty much stuck between um runes or shaels for the helm ATM, although I don't believe I will need the ums. Any thoughts or ideas are welcome (EXcept 40/15's XD).

2. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

My only experience with Berserk Barbs is my PitBarb, who has good gear and only runs on /p1 and as a consequence doesn't need much in terms of defensive propterties. So take this with a grain of salt.

First of all, I think you only go into hit recovery when you take a hit that is higher than 1/12 of max life. So it doesn't matter if you take more hits, since the amount of damage an attack deals isn't higher with 0 defense. Obviously higher number of attacks coming through means higher chance that an attack which deals 1/12 max life hits you. But as a Barb, you should have plenty of life, so it's less of an issue.

Second, instead of going for faster hit recovery, you might be better off reducing incoming damage. That 1 frame less hit recovery might not make that much of a difference in the end. But high resists and some PDR/DR% will go a long way in making sure you decrease incoming damage, and as such avoid going into hit recovery alltogether. In that respect putting a Sol in the helm might be a good option as well.