Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Few ?'s about my barb

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by rdjw, Apr 3, 2004.

1. rdjw

rdjw IncGamers Member

Few ?'s about my barb

Alright i got a few questions(hence the title, lol).
    i currently have a 78 IK barb. Was wondering if it's even possible for an ik barb to hell meph easy enough? For me, don't know if it's still the level but i die too ez, and could use a bit more firepower. I am a WW barb, and have BO, WW, and mace mastery maxed. my res is as follows 75,55,75,75 in hell. I know IK isn't the best, but i refuse to ebay and i don't really have a character that can sucessfully and efficently hell meph. Also, was wondering how i can get my mf better on him. i got a ptopaz's in helm and armor. with 2x shael in maul. Also, got 2 nagels and a few 7mfsc, along with a gheeds. my mf is still only like 240 though. If an ik barb can't hell meph good, i guess what can(For a poor guy, who can't equip his pally with an enig, hoto hoz and shako). so to sum it all up
    1. Can an ik barb hell meph with decent ease?
    2. How can i get better mf for him?
    3. What character is best for mf'ing, without being rich enough to initially provide him with godly items(i can swing decent stuff, like top set(IK)(trang, tal whatever).
    4. Just any tips u guys might have...
    Thanks a ton, i appreciate it

2. syphon45

syphon45 IncGamers Member

I cant answer the first two as I dont really play barbs.
    3. If you want to do just mephisto runs with a character then I would use a blizzard sorc. you dont even need to have great resists or anyting because you can just use the moat trick on him and spam blizzard. And plus i hate having to run through the durance, tele is way better imo.

3. xxxxDRAGONxxx

xxxxDRAGONxxx IncGamers Member

I have to agree. I played a barb alot in .09 but in .10 they just don't seem to have the same playing style. As far as mfing a sorc is the best way to go. And like syphon said a blizzard sorc is really great for this task. And to boot they don't require great gear to get the job done.

4. rdjw

rdjw IncGamers Member

alright thanks...well can anyone answer my first few questions?

5. jbeast

jbeast Banned

Well I havent played a IK Barb before but here's my take on the first two questions.

1. You must have weak life. To be honest he's never given any trouble to any of my Barbs. Not having a shield only brings more problems. Because of the big strength req for IK and you probably put some Dex up you are low and Vit. I'm sure not horridly low, but low. Without a shield you're even weaker. I am guessing this is the problem, so I don't see him being very effective. I would suggest getting a Ravenfrost to help with his ball of frost. Would also suggest putting some points into Shout as maybe it won't help with Meph it will definately help you elseware.

2. 7smfcs. If you had 40x7smfcs you'd have 280 MF not counting your gear. You don't need 500+ MF to get nice drops so I would suggest grabbing a few more 7smfcs as that's all you can really do. Nagel is the only option on Ring and you obviously can't touch the IK peices. Only real solution would be to grab some more MF scs, even if they are 5 or 6%.

Hope that helps.

6. rdjw

rdjw IncGamers Member

ive got 130 points in vit. is that bad? and with ik i cant really have a shield. so just points in shout and vit eh? thanks

7. jbeast

jbeast Banned

Well your AR shouldn't be too bad at your level and you obviously have enough Strength so I'd definately say pump Vit from now on. Without a shield and no DR reduction you need as much as you can get. Or pick up a few life charms to help out :)

8. rdjw

rdjw IncGamers Member

my ar is only like 5700? was wondering about that, i cant hit things a lot. i have like 140 in dex