Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Few questions

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by fwing, Jun 21, 2008.

1. fwing

fwing IncGamers Member

Few questions

1. What is perming? Not HOW TO perm, but what is it? I hear people talking about it all the time and one guy online asked me to help him perm and went to a trade screen and pressed accept with nothing on it. Does that have to do with anything?
    2. What exactly is 'magic damage'? I was reading up on reduce magic damage by x% (only 1 crafted item does this, I forget which one) but what is considered magic damage in the first place? I looked around wiki but couldn't find anything about this.
    3. What is better at killing the mini-uber bosses in your opinion (Lilith, Izzy, etc): A high dmg hdin or an uber-smiter? Obviously uber-smiter for ubers themselves, but what about the mini-bosses?
    4. What does GG stand for item-wise? I see games: xHR for GG, etc. What is this?
    5. I was carefully looking through the runewords yesterday and I saw an odd stat: Edge: "Reduces All Vendor Prices 15%!!!" That seems to be pretty sweet and something I'd want to keep around for gambling in my stash but i've never heard of ANYBODY using, mentioning or wanting Edge and it's pretty cheap to make. What's the deal with this?
    6. What is the max clvl to get the highest roles of crafted items? Someone told me 93 I think. Is this correct? And if I read right, the stats of the magic ammy you're crafting with have nothing to do with the end outcome, but rather the TC of the area you found it from? Or is it the clvl on the item. I didn't quite get this.

Thanks!

2. lionheartthebrave

lionheartthebrave IncGamers Member

Re: Few questions

First of all, I play SP

1. I think it's trying to make a duped item seem legit for ruststorm purposes
    2. Magic damage- eg blessed hammer, bone spear/spirit, berserk, found on lightsabre as well iirc; I think magic damage reduction reduces all magical/elemental attacks, but I'm not sure
    3. Read the guide The Uber Guide to the Ubers, from the stickies
    4. Pass
    5. I use it with a 15 Gheeds to gamble, guess Bnetters don't gamble much
    6. I know it's 93, can't remember the reason why, gambling with a lvl93 character for ammys and then crafting them with that character allows all affixes to spawn on them. A Guess: as amulets have a qlvl of 1, it's the ilvl that controls the clvl, and the ilvl is controlled by your character's level

3. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

6. to create a +2 skills ammy, they need to be need ilvl 90+
    at 92 you have a 90% chance of getting a ilvl 90+ ammy after gambling then crafting it
    at 99 you have a 100% chance of getting a ilvl 90+ ammy after gambling then crafting it
    (does not garantee a +2 skill ammy, just a high enough ilvl to get the extra 10% chance, it will save on runes/jewels/gold)

gamble/craft chart here

4. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

@ff do you mean level 93 not 99?

nice table

5. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

oops, ya i meant 93-99

thanks thyiad :thumbup:

6. carnivore

carnivore IncGamers Member

some do and they use edge and gheeds. look at the gold find barb barb-guides for more info.

smiter is good for all bosses.

GG probably stands for "godly gear" or some similar senseless generic naming for high end equipment. in real life this would translate into "have ridiculous amounts of money, want meaningless status symbols." or something like this. my advice: ignore those games.

7. Garisdacar

Garisdacar IncGamers Member

yeah gg = they're usually perfect rolls on the best runewords, like grief, death (?) faith, or uniques like CoA or upped gores/hoz.