Few questions

aidanw

Diabloii.Net Member
Few questions

how much FHR do I need to have max speed speed with zeal?? I Use greif to begin with, also I am stuck on which helm to be using the helms im stuck between are

Crown of Ages- 2 socketed, if I do use this I will prolly put a shael and ber in it
gillets- mine is socted with a 15ias jewl/19 poisen resit jewl but Ill probaly remove it, and put something else in it.... Any ideas on this one??
Shako- currently has an um in it think I might keep it umed if I do use it or any other suggestions??

I am all PvM I dont PVP at all I like to be able to kill monsters and go where ever and I do kill ubbers with this guy he is lvl 90 right now and have been killing ubbers since lvl 75 with no problems really, so any of these 3 helms I listed which out of the 3 should I pick and what should I socket them with, and if you know of any better ideas for helms please let me know and if they a socket please let me know what you think should go in.:smiley:

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
I think you might be a little confused on what FHR does. It speeds up your recovery when you get hit for more than 1/12 of your total life. For example, if you have 1800 life, and you get hit by an attack with a final damage of 200, you will be put into Hit Recovery animation. FHR will shorten the duration of this animation, allowing you to get back to doing other things.

Zeal's speed is governed by IAS, or Increased Attack Speed. You said you use Grief, and it's PvM, so I'm assuming it's a Phase Blade. In that case, you will be attacking at the fastest speed already with maxed Fanaticism and Grief alone. Zeal is uninterrubtible, so you will not be put into Hit Recovery animation during a Zeal cycle.

IMO Guillaume's without a doubt. Socketed with 15% resist jewel or Um rune. The Crushing Blow and Deadly Strike can't be beaten, increasing your killing speed dramatically. I personally have 83% Deadly Strike on my Zealot, so I deal a whopping 11k (roughly) damage in 5 out of every 6 hits. That's 11k damage per Zeal hit. It tears EVERYTHING apart in seconds, even in 8 player games.

EDIT: Guillaume's looks sexc on a Zealot. That's the #2 reason I use it. CoA looks really goofy.

Shako should NOT be used on a melee character. It's a pretty second-rate helm. And it looks awful.

aidanw

Diabloii.Net Member
I think you might be a little confused on what FHR does. It speeds up your recovery when you get hit for more than 1/12 of your total life. For example, if you have 1800 life, and you get hit by an attack with a final damage of 200, you will be put into Hit Recovery animation. FHR will shorten the duration of this animation, allowing you to get back to doing other things.

Zeal's speed is governed by IAS, or Increased Attack Speed. You said you use Grief, and it's PvM, so I'm assuming it's a Phase Blade. In that case, you will be attacking at the fastest speed already with maxed Fanaticism and Grief alone. Zeal is uninterrubtible, so you will not be put into Hit Recovery animation during a Zeal cycle.

IMO Guillaume's without a doubt. Socketed with 15% resist jewel or Um rune. The Crushing Blow and Deadly Strike can't be beaten, increasing your killing speed dramatically. I personally have 83% Deadly Strike on my Zealot, so I deal a whopping 11k (roughly) damage in 5 out of every 6 hits. That's 11k damage per Zeal hit. It tears EVERYTHING apart in seconds, even in 8 player games.

EDIT: Guillaume's looks sexc on a Zealot. That's the #2 reason I use it. CoA looks really goofy.

Shako should NOT be used on a melee character. It's a pretty second-rate helm. And it looks awful.

Thanks well then Ill go with guillaume's for sure then, well how much Ias should I be going for then with using a greif phase blade??

Arutha

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks well then Ill go with guillaume's for sure then, well how much Ias should I be going for then with using a greif phase blade??
Well as long as your Fanaticism is lvl 4 or higher even a grief phase blade that has 30%ias will reach the last zeal or smite breakpoints, so you don't need to worry about haveing any ias on your other gear.