Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Few questions on my sorc build.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Dudzy, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Dudzy

Dudzy IncGamers Member

Few questions on my sorc build.

Starting fresh so my first character is gonna be untwinked obviously, and i guess that im not huge on the starting grind. You guys that make fresh builds all the time with no mueling have my respect because for me normal and nm on my first toon is nerveracking usually.

Anyways i have my mind set to start with a sorc and even though that respec feature is there i decided that i will only use it to make changes that still stay true to the build i had in mind from the start so i wont be playing half way as a blizzard sorc then changing my build later to suit what i want to farm etc... etc... This would make it so you would only ever need one of each class through hell and that to me kills the fun.

Long story short im curious what build to start with, i leveled to 12 tonight and i still haven't used many of my points as im not sure what to build yet. Im leaning towards a meteorb build as thats what i always used to play and liked it a lot. Dont think its a good idea to go with a single element build for a starter so i dont think a blizzard sorc would do it.

I want this build for mfing so i can get my grail started again, so i want it to be good at baal runs and the pit. Sorry this is so long, suppose i got a bit carried away. Thanks for your help. :coffee:

2. frozzzen

frozzzen IncGamers Member

Re: Few questions on my sorc build.

Well, any dual tree sorceress would be viable, but I would stick to Blizzballer or Meteorb.
    Probably Blizzballer because she doesn't have 2 timer skills. Blizzard will kill most things (including meph and pindy later on) while FB will get rid of annoying CI monsters.

But don't expect that you will be able to run Pits/Baal with ease. Those aren't friendly targets and without good gear you can die very easy. If you want to stick with no respec, I would advise you to create your starting sorceress, and then pure Blizzard one. They are still best magic finders and can run most interesting targets with ease (Pindle, Meph, AT and Baal to an extent) After you have some decent gear you can think of specialized builds for taking out specific targets, like Poison necro for Pit.

Good luck with starting and may your drops be green and gold :)

3. xxnothing

xxnothing IncGamers Member

+1 blizzballer... very versatile build and fun to play. :)

If you're in 1.13 you can use your respecs strategically to make the whole journey allot easier (if you so choose). go single tree of your choice until immunities become an issue, and then respec to a dual-tree build. Once you're Mat'd, respec to pure Blizz and grind Mephisto, AT and Cows into the dirt for items!

Most of all, have fun!

4. Dudzy

Dudzy IncGamers Member

Im still sorta leaning towards meteorb as i perfer fo to blizzard personally. Can see what yea mean about the timed attacks though. Is there a lot of difference in kill speed between these 2 builds? Seems either way once i get some good gear i will be set.

Figure i will push through to nm and run andy and meph a bit to get a few ok drops before i go through hell.

5. Ohomemgrande

Ohomemgrande IncGamers Member

If you like Frozen Orb, a build that I've played with great success from scratch was Frozen Orb/Hydra.

If you want to use the respec, then just pick any low level skill until you hit level 30 or so and then respec to Frozen Orb. If you can get by with 1 point in the prereqs until level 30, then from that point on, put a point into Frozen Orb and Cold Mastery each level until both are maxed. After that, you can build up Hydra (or whatever fire skill you want) through NM.

Even though the build has two timered skills, I find it to be quite safe and easy to play because of the large area-of-effect from FO and the fire-and-forget nature of Hydra. Eventually, it makes a fairly competent Baal-runner as well.

I really like FO so I'll eventually synergize it with Ice bolt at the very end but you could also move those extra 19 points into the fire tree and still have a very strong FO for hell.