Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Few questions on blizzard sorc

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Erunner, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Erunner

Erunner IncGamers Member

Few questions on blizzard sorc

I have just started on ladder and i want to get a blizzard sorc to do some Mephisto runs to get some decent items before starting other chars and i have a few questions to ask..

1) How do you get to hell meph with just 1 or 0 warmth?
    2) How do you tank Meph while casting blizzard on him?
    3) Should I go for blocking or not? If I should, then what shield should I use..? At least what percentage of block.. cause i just started ladder and I don't have any items yet...
    4) Is energy shield needed?
    5) Whats stats should i get?

2. Compman

Compman IncGamers Member

1) +skills items and charms that boost mana
    2) A mercenary, some people use the moat trick
    3) Depends on your play style, either go max block or don't. Stormshield would be the ideal shield but just try to get a shield with decent defense and a high block rate
    4) No
    5) Strength-enough to use your items, Dexterity-if you want blocking enough for max block, if not then leave it at base or enough to use items, Vitality-everything else, Energy-base

3. Erunner

Erunner IncGamers Member

oh wait. I have one more question. IS there any particular order of maxing the skills? Like Blizzard then Glacial Spike then Mastery or so on?

4. Compman

Compman IncGamers Member

I personally max in this order: blizzard, cold mastery, iceblast, icebolt, then remaining points in glacial spike.

5. Cyril_32001

Cyril_32001 IncGamers Member

Whats the moat trick? i've never heard of it before

6. HazardFC

HazardFC IncGamers Member

1) 1 is fine with your +Items (I have +13 for fire, 12 on rest) That is plenty
    2) WHile I can tank (my merc does) I do the moat trick mostly. There is a post somewhere on here that describes it with pictures.
    3) II regret every point I put in Dex. My main job is to not get hit so blocking only helps if I am getting hit. I swap between a PDiamond Lidless and a RHYME for now and doing fine (lev **).
    4) I have 0 in energy shield.
    5) I would suggest 0 in dex, enough in str for what you want to wear. I went to 80 but have another 20+ from items. Put a lot into life. I am all about fast casting so I drain mana pretty quick so I added some to Energy. But to be honest, I could have probably used those points on vitality too.

As for the moat. see 2

7. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

I read somewhere here recently that CM isn't really needed above level 17 AFTER +skills items are factored in. I never saw the reasoning behind it..you might want to investigate this yourself.

8. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

For kicks I just built one. I have a staff with +3 to Eshield that I use just to cast the skill, then swap weapons.

Tanking Meph.. I knock off the non-cold-immune Council members in the middle area and lead the rest to the bottom area to park them. Then I get Meph to come down towards the A4 portal in the middle where he's sort of trapped, and cast blizzard on him from a safe distance while staying in the middle area (avoiding getting too close to the sides where other monsters might start casting spells on me. There are other ways to do it.. a little more exciting like teleporting around all over the place behind Meph avoiding the ghouls and trying to keep him in the blizzard. I'm just learning so there's got to be better methods out there.