Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

few questions from a noob FC bear

Discussion in 'Druid' started by TouchofRed, Apr 17, 2005.

1. TouchofRed

TouchofRed IncGamers Member

few questions from a noob FC bear

hey guys, just started playing diablo 2 a couple of weeks ago. i currently am playing a lvl 87 FC bear, and i really like it. i have a couple questions about stuff i have no idea about, and probably more to come about stuff that i dont even know exists yet heh

firstly, my merc is lvl 63 at the moment. where should i level him till he catches up to me or can make good xp from hell baal runs?

secondly, what type armor should i be looking to put Enigma in?

and what is "rerolling" charms? i dont have any good charms, so could someone give me a quick rundown on what rerolling a charm does

thanks

and im an ex-darktide player if anyone played AC there

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

2 weeks and already a lvl 87 FC bear...that doesn't sound like a noob to me:)

Welcome to the forums:)

I'd say nightmare Baal runs would be a good bet. Your merc will only gain experience from monsters that are roughly the same level as him...Also he won't gain experience from other people's kills like you do. Hell Baal runs will most likely get him killed and he won't receive any xp so...

Either a Breast Plate or an Archon Plate...Breast Plate will allow you to use (almost) zero strength, because of Enigma's huge bonus to strentgth. Archon is light armor and gives decent defence without too high str requirements.

When you find a charm, it will most likely be a crappy one...therefor you can take that charm along with 3 perfect gems and put them in the horadric cube and press transmute...then you will get a new charm with new mods (probably crappy too). Most people do this with grand charms since they are capable of getting +1 skill tree on them which is very nice for most builds. IF you want a +1 skill tree charm you must find it in act 3 nightmare Flayer Jungle or any later area/difficulty.

3. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

enigma, try a light elite armor or a breastplate/mageplate if you're low strength

re-rolling charms= take a charm dropped off a high level monster then put it in the horadric cube with 3 perfect gems and it will get new random stats. This is how most of those godly charms are made

let him level in nm baal, just let him try to kill them off on his own. Dont help him too much and bring alot of potions for him.

4. TouchofRed

thanks

and i may have screwed up his template a little, his strength is 165 base :/ so what would the best armor for me be? is he worth remaking because his high strength will gimp him?

5. TouchofRed

also i have a Jalals helm. i hear its pretty much the good end-game helm for me so im going to be sticking with it, should i socket it and add something? and what should i add?

6. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

Great end game and all around game helm for a druid. I have always used them just like most barbs use Arreat's.

7. TouchofRed

should i socket and add anything to it?

8. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

i like shael

9. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Um for the resists wouldn't be bad either.

10. befkonijn

befkonijn IncGamers Member

i do pits for my merc lvling...many fire immunes there?

11. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

I may be wrong since I have not done pit runs in a while but I think there is a mixture of immunes for each element.

I would socket with sheal or um. some sort of elemental damage jewel might be cool also something with like 1-100 light damage or something.

12. befkonijn

befkonijn IncGamers Member

well, i didnt notice it myself since last time i came there was with my strafer or hammerdin to lvl merc :D he lvls 2 times a pit

13. bluedragoon

bluedragoon IncGamers Member

there are lots of fire and cold immunes and not so many lightning immunes. The fallens and shamans are fire immune, they are the weakest type of monsters in the pit so u might take a shot at it, if u and ur merc can do some phys dmg as well