Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Few Questions from 1st time Necro

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Bookmanx, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Bookmanx

Bookmanx IncGamers Member

Few Questions from 1st time Necro

I got my MF sorc where I wanted her and started a necro this weekend.

Hes a Summoner (Skellie/Golem/Revive) on ladder USEast and I have a few questions before I keep going with him.

1) Do items with +mana per kill give me mana when the skellies/golems/revives kill things ?

2) Does my gear help the pets ? IE : Armor or Items with ED and faster attack speed. I saw someone mention Beast Runeword to help minions hit harder and faster but that was the first thing I ever saw about this. Is this correct ? Do things that I have like leech and other gear affect this as well ? Would Frostburn gloves add Cold damage ?

3) I noticed that when I have my full army out and switch from Leorics Arm to Buriza (I like to plink things) I loose some pets because my skill level drops. Does this affect things like Mastery as well ? Do the skellies loose power because I switch away from my wand ? I am thinking not but want to make sure.

4) I use an Iron Golem and want to see if I am understanding him correctly. I use a weapon to summon him, but does he take ALL his stats from that weapon ? For example if I use a 50-100 weapon with 6% life leech does he hit for 50-100 and have 6% leech or is there some formula for this ? I see that he has base stats but how exactly are those affected by the item he is made by ?

Thats all for now and thanks in advance, I may have more questions later.

I must say I am having fun with this build, I had problems killing the Normal bosses (duriel was a LONG fight and dont get me started on Diablo), but on Nightmare I am having no isues at all; I lost no minions to Duriel on NM.

2. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

Yes.

No.

From what I understand of it, you'll loose your skeletons during the weapon switch, but the remaining ones will keep the enhanced stats from the +skills you had when they were summoned.

My knowledge is extremely limited on IG. I'm sure MM or Necrochild will help you out here.

Well, thanks for stopping by. Your questions were cool, since you don't see these types every day. Might I suggest the stickied threads up above? Rewen / Beatboxer has a great Encyclopedia, I wrote a "bible" with a bunch of helpful info on s-mancers. Those may help you some, or give you some new ideas.

Take care.

g

:yep:

3. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

1.} Nope :hanky:. That'd be excellent if it did though. Same with +life after kill.
    2.} Nah. The reason why beast helps is because of it's fanatism aura.
    3.} Nope, you will lose minions when the game rechecks what minions you have to the minion max, but the ones you have left remain at their strength when summoned. I use this trick when MFing. I summon the max amount of minions I can have with my MF gear on while wearing my +skills gear. Then I don on my MF gear, and let my minions do their stuff.
    4.} Exactly how you said they are. Except that when you make him out of armor he gains the defence of the armor in addition to his base defence.

4. TPMdm

TPMdm IncGamers Member

Small note about IG:
    He uses all weapons 1 handed so bear in mind that when you make him out of 2 handed weapon he will be doing less damage than you think.

5. Bookmanx

Bookmanx IncGamers Member

For the Golem I have been trying to use Enhanced Damage weapons and Life Leech weapons mostly. That seems to work well for me. I didn't know he made a difference between 1h and 2h though. Thats nice to know.

Is there any way to see exactly what he's doing at any given time ?

6. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Maphack. But that will result in a ban.

7. Peacrusher

Peacrusher IncGamers Member

Read Kbob's Commando guide on the enhancing abilities of different items Ie. Beast... very informative and Commando is a killer.