Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Few questions about my 1st PvP sorc

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Sopper, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Sopper

Sopper IncGamers Member

Few questions about my 1st PvP sorc

Hi there.....

My first (fireball) PvP sorc (ladder) is about to hit lvl 81 without any stats and skills used.
    Lets have a look at her gear and skills:

Shako (P firefacet)
    Vipermagi (P firefacet)
    Eschuta's (P firefacet)
    Visceraunt (P firefacet and upgraded to heater)
    Arachnid (Tgods for FoH and Trapsins)
    Magefist
    Waterwalks
    Mara's 30% (+2 sorc +10% FRC 49% LR for FoH and Trapsin)
    2 x Soj (20% whisp ring for FoH and Trapsin)
    Wizzard and P topaz lidless on switch for FoH and Trapsin
    10 x Fireskiller
    1 x Anni (dûh)
    9 x Life/mana sc's

Ill be dueling on normal so no need for more resist. And i will go for max block.

Skills:
    Max fireball, firebolt, meteor, firemastery

(+23 skills from gear and charms)

Now my questions:

How many points in ES and Telekineses? some say 70% ?
    How much life and mana to aim for?
    Do i need FHR? if yes, wich breakpoint should i get?

Tnx for any input :thumbsup:

2. knickknack

knickknack IncGamers Member

First, most decent sorcs do not use the str required for tgods. 60 str max is what I what for most pvp sorcs, enough for frostburns. Is having Tgods worth the extra 50 str invested. You could always use str charms but that would probably not be worth it either.

An upgraded Vis is a pretty good shield, but wistans is better for pure blocking. you decide if the trade off is worth it for Vis.

Not sure where you duel, but some places do not allow that many facets or that much absorb gear.

I would not invest the 4 points needed to just get es. Get an orb with +es on it. Cast es then switch to your other gear. With a high lvl es the mana drain is enormus with telek, and without its absurd and not worth using.

As for maxing telek. What kind of sorc do you want. If you max telek you can run with es on and take much more dmg or you could invest those points in fbs senergies.

Life/Mana. 1500+/1500+ is a good ammont with blocking gear on. Over 2k mana with lidless/wiz is reasonable.

No you do not need fhr, but it is very useful vs. some classes, e.g., sins. You can get fhr the easiest from casterbelt, up to 24, Rare boots and charms or even a shael in your helm or armor.

After you max your 4 fireskills I would either put the rest in tele or telek.

Overall, you have a good idea of which skills and items are good to use for a pvp fb sorc.

3. Sopper

Sopper IncGamers Member

Tnx for ur replie Knickknack.... :)

About the Tgods: ur right, totally forgot its str-requirement. Therefor cant use it.

I have asked around about using Visc or Whits shield, and that became an endless discussion about wich one is better. I'd say its 50/50...... i will just try them both and see what fits me most. Im planning on playing offensive with this sorc, so good/faster block may be more usefull then the +1 skill. (although i hears some ppl say that the blockingspeed is the same)

I will mostly duel in Friendly Dueling organised by the europe trade forum... Its just friendly, if i do to much dmg, i just remove some skillers.. we want fun and exiting duels, not 1-hit-kill-U-NOOB-duels.

Correct me if im wrong: more points in TK = more dmg taken from mana instead of life, using ES? if so, its might be worth maxing.

1500/1500 life/mana was indeed my aim, not sure if i will get it that high.

If i use fhr in some duels.... which breakpoint should i get?

It was really Snowblind who helped me out so far,.... he knows about everything PvP-regarding. Tnx for that :)

4. Jowy

Jowy IncGamers Member

If you have ES and 0 points in Telekinesis, you lose 2 mana for every point of life you lose. With more points in TK, this amount of Mana gets lower. At slvl 16 TK you lose 1 mana per life point.

As for the shields, it doesn't really matter, ~40-60 stats or so or +1 skill. Personally I'd rather have the stats. AFAIK the blocking on both shields is the same. At least, if it isn't, the difference is negligable.

1500/1500 with 10 skill charms is only possible if you invest in Energy (80-150 points) and have high-end charms. If you don't have skill charms with 3x Life and SC's close to 17/20, you'll probably have around 1100-1200/1200-1400 Life/Mana depending on how much you put in Energy in Vitality.

As for FHR, you don't need any really. The only fight you need FHR in is vs a Trapper, and in 1.10 this is even less necessary compared to 1.09. Because most Trappers rely on their high damage and auto aiming traps, instead of personal aiming skill with MB nowadays.

For all-round play, FHR does as good as nothing, because you can teleport out of everything with 0 FHR. And "real" blocklock where you get stuck for a large amount of attacks isn't possible anymore in 1.10, so get max Block.

5. Sopper

Sopper IncGamers Member

Tnx for ur reply Jowy :)

Skillers with high life on ladder is a bit of a problem to get ... :( they are very expensive and not many around. Sofar i have managed to get my hands on 30/29/27/22/15 life, so still 6 to go/replace.

I do have good mana/life sc's ... all >30 (life + mana) and 2 x perfect 20/17 (1 found myself, other found by a good friend)

Is it wise to have TK @ Slvl 16 or should i aim higher?
    And if i dont put points in TK is teleport a good other option?

6. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

You can do ethereal thundergods, just buy a few of them (you have the wealth ~~) and the str req is down by 10. If you're lacking resistance i suggest to swap eschuta's for HoTo.

Try to get teleports mana cost as low as possible. This is your worst mana drain. Then shoot with fire bolt rather than ball, the damage is similiar and the splash damage is no good in PvP. Telekinesis can probably be kept lower than 20, if you get a good amount of mana. I think 1500 life & 1500 mana is a little unrealistic with base energy, 2000 life & 1200 mana is doable though probably. If you can keep up your energy shield only if you invest points into energy to get more mana, then do so. Beware of poison necromancers since they ignore energy shield.

You can read my post about what telekinesis does. Basically it lowers the amount of mana that's lost after a hit meaning it's easier to keep your energy shield up. It does absolutely NOTHING for your health though. I'll edit in the link of my post :thumbsup:

EDIT- http://rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=140182

7. sk8brdnick

sk8brdnick IncGamers Member

Another highly overlooked shield is sigons. It does have a slightly higher str requirement than visceraunt, but has 64% block rather than 50%. It kind of splits the difference between visceraunt and whitsans as it has +1 skill and intermediate blocking. It does lack fast block, but I don't feel that is much of a concern these days since bnet is no longer scourged by hordes of 7 frame zons. My ladder pvp sorc will be using sigons simply because I feel like it...

8. Soepgroente

If you upgrade the visceraunt's i think it'll get as high or higher block :)

9. Sopper

Sopper IncGamers Member

62% block with upgraded visc :) better option then sigons.... faster block rate still helps.

10. sk8brdnick

sk8brdnick IncGamers Member

My mistake, I had the block rate for visc. wrong...

11. Sopper

Sopper IncGamers Member

Need some advice again:

Im level 81 now, with full equip/skillers/sc's/anni......
    Max block, 306 stats left, 6 skills left, maxed fireball and synergies, using +6 ES orb on switch.

Have currently 695 Life and 825 mana.....

Where to put those 306 statpoints?

12. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

for the stat points, if you don't want more mana, drop it all into life. that will be 612 more life. always a nice bump. it might be worth it to drop 30-50 points into energy to bring up the mana to 1000 or so.

for skills, it depends if you've maxed telekinesis yet. if you want to use energy shield, you need to pump up telekinesis. so drop the 6 points there. if you already did that, drop them into teleport.

13. Soepgroente

A 4 socketed staff with +3 energyshield can get you way up to +9 which is good. "Memory" runeword.

Anyway, hold down shift and click on that sign for vitality. Give life :drool: you can't have enough. Maybe some into energy but it depends on how low your teleport mana cost is and wether you'll gain more mana with upcoming levels.

14. Jell-O

Jell-O IncGamers Member

Good idea, overpay for my +8 one Sopper :wink2:

I'd still recommend the pure energy(and block) build with at the very least 16 TK and high ES(pref. max), this has worked the best for me, the only problem would be that FB has more synergies than Orb that I've been using :(

15. Sopper

Sopper IncGamers Member

Hmmm havent thought of that runeword indeed..... :) tnx for pointing out Soep.
    Jell: ill look for a +9 first offcourse.... before (over)paying for ur +8 :p