Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Few poison gear questions (and other q's.... kinda long) i

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Norton, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Norton

Norton IncGamers Member

Few poison gear questions (and other q's.... kinda long)

Okay well I've decided to build a poisonmancer! Lvl 80 right now, Lots of unused stat points, can afford the best gear etc. Now I need help with choosing some stuff here....

Okay what I was going to use:

Deaths web
    shako
    homonculus
    trangs gloves
    arachnid
    marrowalks
    maras
    enigma
    2x sojs

Then I realised, my fcr would be only 40. I'm assuming the minimum most necros shoot for is 75..... (Bone necros anyway 75 is a MUST, but i dunno if this applies to poison as well?) So my teleporting would be pretty slow. So me and a friend got thinking, and we came up with this:

Deaths Web (always!)
    shako
    LIDLESS
    trangs gloves
    arachnid
    marrowalks
    maras
    enigma

That is 60 fcr, so I need 15 more.... I could either switch out maras for a nice crafted ammy (then i gotta lvl like mad too get to 89 :( ) Or do 2x fcr rings. Since I was worried about mana, I wanna keep 1 soj in there. So that leaves 5 fcr missing.... where do you guys think I should make this up? Or do you just advise going the 2x fcr rings route? Anyway..... those are my gear questions.

Next problems:

1. I've maxed all my poison synergies, got 1 into lower resist etc. Now where should I be putting my other points? I was thinking a PURE VIT build, which would compliment lidless seeing as its block rate SUCKS. If I went that route, then I'd need some form of shields etc. Well I was thinking dump points into my skeletons for mini-tanks :D and that solves the FoH problem.

If I do that, I'l still have 20+ points left over. Now should I max the skele mastery as well?

2. Would a fire golem be better then gumby? I know the slow is crucial against some players, so I could just whip him out for zons and stuff, but for casters would the holy fire take away that last HP? This is assuming lower resist is on them.

3. My bone armor would be a little on the weak side. Would it be better to split my points between skele mastery and bone wall?

4. What fcr should I shoot for?

5. Any alternatives you can think of, please don't hesitate to post.

-Norton

2. Muffassa

Muffassa IncGamers Member

IMHO I would use bramble instead of enigma (more poison dmg). plus teleport is kinda cheep :)

stick with gumby - he rox.

bone armor should be ~700 (wiht marrow bug) which is OK. if u wanna up that, put pts in bone wall.

Otherwise, skellies are kinda weak wiht only 20 pts. maybe you wanna max lower resit? I'm kinda in the same spot, 20 extra, not sure what to do with them. Maybe 7 in skellies, the rest in the mastery.
    :drink: :buddies:

3. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

Well since your shooting to be a poison necro with some backup artillery, here is what I would suggest if you are on ladder (you didn't mention):

Death's Web
    Shako
    Enigma
    Darkforce Spawn (30% FCR)
    Marrowalk
    Arachnid Mesh (20% FCR)
    Trang's Gloves (20% FCR)
    1X soj
    1X Caster Ring (5% FCR)

Total there = 75% FCR

You'll still end up with a good amount of +skills, socket everything with poison facets.

As for skills:
    MAX POISON NOVA
    MAX POISON EXPLOSION
    MAX POISON DAGGER
    2 PRE-REQS
    1 BONE ARMOR
    6 INTO CURSES (1 LOWER RES + 5 PRE-REQS)

Total now = 70 (clvl 58-60)

ADD
    1 Clay Golem
    1 Golem Mastery
    1 Summon Resist

Total now = 73 (clvl 61-64)

ADD
    1 Skeleton Mastery

Total now = 74 (clvl 62-65)

REST
    20 Skeleton Warrior

Total Now = 94 (clvl 82-85)

clvl 82-85 is totally attainable with this build. You'll have a good amount of plus skills to really enhance your summon skills

Darkforce is a poopy blocking shield, so it's really a toss up. I would usually recommend blocking, but with this build having skele's the way you would, a good merc (might + holy freeze would really rock) you shouldn't be getting pounded a lot.

good luck. If by any chance your on Useast Ladder, i have 2 darkforce's.

g

out :yep:

4. Norton

Norton IncGamers Member

Gvandale your my hero :p and I'm on us west ladder.

Anyone know the price of a darkforce spawn? (3/3/3)

5. gvandale

not sure, it's a pretty elite hard to find item, but good luck on getting one, and good luck on the build.

p.s.
    take the mention of a holy freeze / might merc to heart. i am getting ready to doom my guy's merc, and i can't wait.

*drools at the thought of decrep / clay golem / holy freeze all over dclone*
    :yep:

6. plasteredkittylizard

plasteredkittylizard IncGamers Member

Now maybe I'm completely off base, but isn't P Nova a timered spell - if so, FCR is really going to be a moot point....

7. gvandale

n
    e
    w
    s

e
    y
    e

g

out :yep:

8. Norton

Norton IncGamers Member

Well, no it's not timered, but there's no use standing in one spot and spamming it. Just hit them once with it, wait till they get low, then hit him again at 1 point and u win:D

9. pliu

pliu Banned

PNova is timered Rofl LMAO impossible

10. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

IIRC Casting Poison (spell) while the monsters are still green resets the damage so FCR isnt important (except for avoiding interruption)

11. Moridin

Moridin IncGamers Member

How much are these worth? I've been looking forever for one (USEast Ladder) as long as it's at least +2, any help would be nice. To the posters original question I don't think FCR is too important to a Poison Necro besides teleport, I would go with 75% anyways, you can always get a nice +2 +20% FCR Circlet. Also, there are crafted +skill ammys that aren't lvl 89 req (as long as it's not +2 Necro, for example my +2 P/B FCR all res +mana +mana regen is only around lvl 58 req).

12. gvandale

not sure. i have 2 as stated. one is horrible 1/3/1 and the other is 3/2/3. I haven't tried trading in ages, i've just been hording. so i'm not sure. pm me if your interested in either as trades are frowned upon outside of the trading forum.

g

13. Moridin

Moridin IncGamers Member

Alright, I sent one, thanks for your help.

14. spiderman2k9

spiderman2k9 Banned

40%fcr teleport isn't all that slow.

ur original equipment build is ideal, imo (cause i use it now). I went max block, adding dex and vit as i lvl. I have call to arms / lidless on switch and it gives me 2.9k life. I'm currently LvL 87 and i own pits, and own most pvp'ers (i built this necro for PvM, but i PvP sometimes for fun).