Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Few kick sin question

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Sephiroth[TR], Mar 3, 2004.

1. Sephiroth[TR]

Sephiroth[TR] IncGamers Member

Few kick sin question

hi i have made one trapper by now but dont really like it. Kinda boring and lame to PVP with so...

Trying to make a Kick sin but do they stand any change in PVP ?
    and how much dmg does a kicker does with lv 25 dragon talon and dragon flight ? using shadow dancer.. and how much AR wil they have ? ( i know dex is ar but just about averange how much ar ? Ah also whats the crowd control skil of a kick sin ? dragon tail ?

And i only see 3 kick skils.. That doesnt look like much choice. Is making a Pure kick sin any good than ? And they dont need claw mastery right ?

yea i did readed the guid above but it was so much and confusing...

2. belth

belth IncGamers Member

If you're going to use DTail as your main kick, then those Shadow Dancers are good. If it's DTalon, they're inferior to upgraded Gore Riders.

AR... Mine has some 10k AR with slvl32-34 DTalon and ~150 or so Dex and Ravenfrost. Goes to around 25-26k with Angelic Amulet+2x Angelic Ring, but still having hard time hurting Paladins/Barbarians as they tend to have too high defense (not to mention 75% block...). Most other classes tend to be a lot easier as long as they don't keep teleporting before I can get that DTalon going.
    Around 1k average kickdamage with DTalon (200 str, 150 dex, or close) and maybe 1.5k DFlight (max) damage.

Pure DTalon can solo the entire game, provided you have Dracul's for the lifetap. It's viable but it's also slow.

3. Sephiroth[TR]

wel the thing is i have no idea wich skil dragon talon or dragon tail. Dragon tail seems more like crowd control. But is that the only crowd control skil ? And how does venom work ? do u have to attack with the skil venom, cos it says mana cost but doesnt add ar or dmg

and i was thinking of maxing Dtalon Dtail Dflight and shadow master.
    that any good ? Or do u have some other sugestions ? Wil be using C/S so il be having around 200 dex around lv 85 to have max block with storm and around base str of 156 to use storm. rest in vit i think il be able to get around 350 vit.

4. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

If its going to be a pvp kicksen then dont put points in dtail because it needs ts to be usefull.

DTalon dmg is usually around 900-1200 depending on boots and str. Both shadow dancers and upped gores are great. I would prefer dancers for a pvp sin though.

DFlight dmg will be around 3k with dancers and ar the same as DTalon, roughly...

For leveling use guillames face and a strengh claw with +death sentry. you'll hav enough cb and DS for crown control. Very powerful!

Also, max Venom and get it as high as possible with +skills. 10 SD charms is recommended.

If your on ladder i would tro to go c/s and use azurewrath for the magic dmg :D using a claw doesnt help that much really...it provides +skills but compare it to an azurewrath and you'll se that a bartucs adds 1 more skill points and 10 vit points, but is that worth 500 magic dmg and a cool aura?!

regards
    C-Beat

5. Sephiroth[TR]

you'll hav enough cb and DS for crown control <<< uhm whats CB ?

and btw venom if u get it on lv 20 adds so much poison dmg does it add to my dragon talon with each kick ? cos the venom skil is confusing. And btw cos i dont have a damm azure will a baranar do or gimmershred do ? tons of elemental dmg to :p and yea im ladder sc I was also thinking of fleshripper with upped gore riders. wil double my dmg :p and combined with dracula ( lifetap ) and open wounds. IL have around 80% open wound and 48% deadly strike and 40% crushing blow :p Should make me a mean killing machine right ? And btw lifetap can be activated with dragon talon right ?

so basicly not max dragon tail but instead 1 point in death sentry for CO
    btw u sugest max dragon flight ? if not il be having alot of skilpoints left that i have no idea in were to put it.

20 Dtalon
    1/20 Dflight
    20 shadow master
    20 venom
    so thats like 60 points... and with prereq for death sentyr and other about 10 so 70 points.... stil 30 points left... Any sugestions were in ?

6. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

1) Deadly strike does not work with kicks.
    2) cb= crushing blow. Very effective with dtalon.
    3) draculs are considered BM in most duesl because of the lifetap. but they are killer in pvm.
    4) cb is great for pvm but is nerfed greatly in pvp so i chose venom, +skills, magic dmg before it.
    5) elemental dmg is great with DTalon, but it can be resisted which magic dmg cant. aim for an azurewrath ;)
    6) fleshripper is also considered BM in most duels cuz of slow. but as draculs they are great for pvm.
    7) You need slvl 26 weapon block with items
    8) fade or bos? fade grants pdr but with storm this should be no problem.
    9) open wounds works great with kicks.
    10) red jrichards general kick guide ;)
    11)
    24 DTalon with items. or 30.
    max venom
    max DFlight
    26 WB with items
    rest in shadow master.

C-Beat

7. mantrid_drone

mantrid_drone IncGamers Member

Level 26 weapon block is great, and probably approaches the limit of your Claw/Claw blocking ability, however it's extremely expensive. After adding I think ten or so natural points into it, your gain is only going to be 0.5-1% per level. This is great if you're worried about the absolute highest chance to block, but personally I'd rather put the points elsewhere.

I would only put 10 into weapon block and your extra points into mind blast. Also, shadow master may be a nice PvM tank, but I've found her to be mostly an annoyance in PvP. If you agree with me you could put even more into mind blast, weapon block, or any other skill that matches your taste.

YMMV, but this is what I've learned from my own pvp kicksin.

8. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

The thing with WB is that you'll use it versus casters. Most likely with 2 tucs or 1tuc+jades. You want slvl 26 with those claws.

Mind blast should be left at slvl 1 if any at all. SM is really good in pvp. mostly to confuse and target for foh but also as a dmg source.

C-Beat

9. Sephiroth[TR]

yea i know slow and lifetap isnt alowed in PVP aint gone use it for that either but it wil be my only way to stay alive in hell PVM. And i think i do max shadow master as a tank for me in HEL. Im way to lazy to use merc cos they are just fragfood and die damm fast. Only using merc as sorc cos i can tele them to safety

But how does venom work ? do u attack with venom ? or do u cast venom like BOS and Fade ?

wel anyway with max venom and Dtalon shadow master and the traps is 76 skilpoints

stil about 20 left for Dflight to catch casters ?

and what gear to use ? Not rich enough for the runewords. So il have to do it with the uniqs
    wep : got all the uniq claws/Fleshripper/azure if i get one...
    Armor : total mistery to me no idea what as armor.
    Shield : Storm obviously
    Boots : either upgraded gore riders or shadow dancer(think gore riders)
    Ring : Ravenfrost/ ??? still no idea hope a duel leeche with some res.
    Amu : 2 to assa with some res
    Gloves : Dracula
    helm : many choices.... I got a Rare Assa circlet with +2 and 20 all res. /or perhaps gaze ?

10. mantrid_drone

mantrid_drone IncGamers Member

I used to be happy with slvl 1 Mind Blast, but the results were much better when I put more points into it. If you MB then dflight, they will be stunned for you to kill them with dtalon. Or, if you prefer, mb then dtalon them to death.

Stun is one of the nicest abilities on the assassin and I think you really miss out by not using it. Only downside is that PvM it converts more monsters, and that annoys me to death :grrr:

11. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

You activate venom first, just like bos. the it adds the dmg to your attack. The good thing about venom with dtalon is that the timer on venom is very short so it's reseted by every kick. Hence the poison dmg can be over 4k per sec with it. not bad for a melee chars.

i'd use SD for boots, but thats me. some prefer goreriders.
    for armor,use a nats with 3 p.facets. or if you can afford an enigma or bramble.
    use 2 ravens for rings cuz leach is heavily nerfed in pvp.
    shako, crown of ages, andys and so on are all good choices. look for +skills, life and resists.

C-Beat

12. Sephiroth[TR]

hmmm i thought + skils isnt important for a melee sin hmmm. Il c how my assa wil turn out :p hope its not gone end as fragfood :D

13. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

the only +skills you want is +shadow disciplines ;)

Good luck!

C-Beat

14. Sephiroth[TR]

thx and thx for the info